Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I have passed all modules but two - one is a year 1 module and one is a year 2 module.

I have asked if I can carry these into the third year, but if that isn't allowed, would I be able to just redo the two modules on their own? And would I be able to live on campus?

I do Business Administration and Human Resource Management at Keele btw.

Much appreciated
    Dan :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, wouldn't it be better to email your own university rather than posting on a General Discussion forum on TSR? :rolleyes:

At my uni, we are not even allowed to carry over failed modules into the next year. We just need 120 credits to progress to the next year, and if we don't have those credits, we must resit the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've contacted a couple of school tutors and also the Learning Advice Unit so hoping for a speedy reply

And yes, it would have been better, my apologies, I am new to the forum =]

ReputationRep:
    it would be common sense to contact the department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kineticz)
    Well I've contacted a couple of school tutors and also the Learning Advice Unit so hoping for a speedy reply

And yes, it would have been better, my apologies, I am new to the forum =]
    I am sure they'll get back to you ASAP, although they may have to deal with a backlog of emails after returning from the bank holiday weekend break.

ReputationRep:
    Hope so.

Reason for posting this thread was to see if any other students have been in a similar situation before and so could tell me immediately as it's playing on my mind abit

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate failed 2 of his 1st year modules and had to just redo those modules in what should of been his second year. The accomm people also wouldnt let him stay on campus, but he shared a room with his gf anyway. Your situation is a little bit different though, so just wait and hope i guess.My flatmate failed 2 of his 1st year modules and had to just redo those modules in what should of been his second year. The accomm people also wouldnt let him stay on campus, but he shared a room with his gf anyway. Your situation is a little bit different though, so just wait and hope i guess.

ReputationRep:
    lol Suzie somehow you just repeated the same thing twice! Well I do hope they let me live on campus and just redo the two modules as they have informed me of my accomodation and the modules I've passed I was pleased with the results so there is no need to redo them tbh

They could even let me into the third year with the two modules, as I have only failed one second year module and the other is a measily first year module which can easily be passed with the right help. I was only 9% off a pass

btw have you received confirmation of your student loan for next year yet as I haven't

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am in a similar boat to you kineticz, i failed my first year by two modules, both business admin ones (i am doing Law and business admin)

I am going to phone tomorrow to see what options I have, as I dont want to waste a year just doing two modules. Does anyone think I will be able to do the two modules as part of second year?

btw which first year module did you fail, was it a business admin one?

ReputationRep:
    Lovekeele, I've never failed a single Business Admin module. Always done well in those and enjoyed it greatly too. Sadly HRM is the subject that's been abit hit and miss for me.

Do you know how many total credits you have passed?

ReputationRep:
    i have 100 credits out of the 120 i took

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure 100 is what you need to progress to the second year!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was too, but i got an e-mail saying that I have not passed all the required modules to progress.
    I phoned Keele this morning and got the run-around on the phones, examinations basically read off the e-mail to me and learning support said I have to call back to reach someone called Clare whose been engaged for the last 2 hours.

Not happy

ReputationRep:
    I take it you passed all CSPs? How did you find the first year?

ReputationRep:
    I had to do one CSP which was fine, Cyber Crime.
    The first year was pretty good, had fun, enjoyed the law half, the business half not so much.

I read the regulations, they state that where two failed modules are in the same principal subject, the student may not progress.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've heard about my situation, and they say I am allowed to progress as I have enough credits from year 1 and enough from year 2

ReputationRep:
    The kind people at Keele also bumped my second year module grade up from 37 to 40 so I won't have to do that next year

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.