Getting a MacBook for my LPC LLM?

Watch this thread
LPC2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

So I have just finished my undergrad law degree and the laptop I have had for the last year (Microsoft 10) has been pretty crappy so I’m really due an upgrade so that I have something that is able to perform better whilst I study my LLM Legal Practice Course.

I was wondering whether a MacBook is a valuable investment given that I only have one year of study left, as although I will obviously keep it for a few years it will probably not be needed in that same way anymore. I’m obviously happy to also use it in my training contract if needed, but also unsure whether that is practice anymore with all the security issues etc.

If you do not think a MacBook would be a good investment for the 1 year course, I’m happy to take recommendations!
vetstudent123
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
In terms of course specific laptop, unless you’re doing anything with computers, most laptops will be fine.

However, I personally think Macbooks are a good investment. I bought my second one (macbook air) last year but the one i had before that lasted 8 years (white macbook) and still works fine, it’s just a bit slow and I needed a lighter laptop. I’ve never had to worry about viruses and I prefer the system over windows.
james_law2.0
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Agree with bluewolf, macbooks are not good investments. Personally I stick with Lenovo; I bought a second hand one 3 years ago and it's still worth the same money if not a little bit more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.31%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.51%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (54)
55.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.08%

Watched Threads