Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im trying to buy this car but im a bit concerned about the transaction method the seller is proposing.

I quote:

ou will have to send the money into an account at ebay.your money will
    remain there till you will get your car.
    If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact eBay and
    provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right
    away. I will need your full name and address for that. You will receive a
    notification from eBay shortly after that, together with all the instructions to
    follow and the invoice as well. Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to
    deposit the money to an eBay account. They will hold and insure your money until
    receipt of the car in good condition. That is how their buyer protection policy
    works. As far as the seller concerns, I will be glad to know that eBay has the
    possession of the money during the delivery period. That is my insurance. As soon
    as I will have the confirmation from eBay that the funds have been deposited into
    their account, I will immediately start the shipping process. The car will be
    delivered to your address in no more than 3 working days. You will be given a 5 days
    inspection period from the day you receive the car at home. If you decide to hold
    the car, then you will have to authorize eBay to release the funds to me, and the
    transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will
    be able to send the car back through the same shipping company, and ask eBay to
    return the funds to you.

Does that exist? or am i being scammed

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read past the first line, it's a scam.

ReputationRep:

Ebay doesn't even have an in-house escrow service.

ReputationRep:
    that was my gut instinct too

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.