The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reading this thrad reminds me of when I was applying ohhh the stress, now ive got even more stress on my hands. Good luck medic freshers to be, It only goes downhill from here.
Just thought I'd pop in to wish you all good luck with your applications. I hope you all get in :yes:
Good luck!
Reply 182
Allo people

I need your opinion...
For my personal statement intro I am going to write about my work experience.

I have originally started talking about a guy who is going to die because he is allergic to everything and is a chef and can't change his job or he will be deported (worded better :p:)

but I was thinking whether to change to:
A woman I met who nearly got paraylsed because she was injecting her blood back into her so she could get an abscess for blood supply because she ran out of veins to inject heroin (yum)

Which is better and more memorable?
x
How many actually lines people are using as spaces between paragraphs? I initially had seven but I'm going try and cut it down to four at most. :s-smilie:
!MEna
How many actually lines people are using as spaces between paragraphs? I initially had seven but I'm going try and cut it down to four at most. :s-smilie:

4 at the moment. I hate losing precious line space but it's kind of necessary I guess!
Reply 185
I could only afford 2, wanted 4 though. Very frustrating as I like my work all looking neatly formatted but I'm sure there will be many people's who looks the same! If UCAS let me I'd just use an indent for each paragraph instead but you can't seem to do that.
Reply 186
i have 4 hell i mad my PS and it was 47 lines exact lool
Reply 187
!MEna

i have 5, which is quite a lot, but i hope it's not wasted space. all the paragraphs are distinctly different so need separated. finally got it to fit in, without UCAS coming up with the annoying little "this is 4 lines over!!!" message.
I'm so stressed right now. :frown:

- Biology trip from Wednesday to Friday. I HAVE to hand in my completed PLANNING section for BYB5/c on Friday and was only just told about it today. I can't prepare for it right now since I'll find out what I'll be doing on Wednesday.
- Computing teacher is nagging the class to hand in the entire Analysis section for CPT6 by next week. I haven't even started it and it's supposed to be like fifty pages long.
- I'm still on my third draft of my PS and am not satisfied with it at all.
- I am struggling with Core 3 and Chemistry in general.
- I have my theory exam next Monday and haven't done much preparation at all for it.

I've got so much on my mind, I really don't know what to prioritise to be honest.
!MEna
I'm so stressed right now. :frown:

- Biology trip from Wednesday to Friday. I HAVE to hand in my completed PLANNING section for BYB5/c on Friday and was only just told about it today. I can't prepare for it right now since I'll find out what I'll be doing on Wednesday.
- Computing teacher is nagging the class to hand in the entire Analysis section for CPT6 by next week. I haven't even started it and it's supposed to be like fifty pages long.
- I'm still on my third draft of my PS and am not satisfied with it at all.
- I am struggling with Core 3 and Chemistry in general.
- I have my theory exam next Monday and haven't done much preparation at all for it.

I've got so much on my mind, I really don't know what to prioritise to be honest.

are you ever happy...lol
Reply 190
does anyone else here think that UCAS is a pain in the ass????
especially when putting in past grades.. arrgh!
[Year of Entry]
2009 entry.... still not completely sure whether to apply this year or wait until next

[1st Institution]
UCL
[2nd Institution]
East Anglia
[3rd Institution]
Peninsula
[4th Institution]
Either Leicester or BSMS

[GCSE Reults]
A*(Maths)
5As(Double Science, French, German, English Language)
2Bs(Music, History)
2Cs(Drama, English Lit.)

[Work Experience/Voluntary]
3 Years St. John Ambulance
1 Year literacy scheme with children
1 week OB/GYN hospital w/e
1 week orthapaedic w/e

[BMAT/UKCAT]
watch this space.....

[Any other comments]
Currently taking Chemistry, Biology and Philosophy for A level
Worried about so many things; GCSEs, ASs (they aren't cashed in), UKCAT, BMAT.
Still, worrying won't help I guess.
Best of luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 192
Witty Username
[Year of Entry]
2009 entry.... still not completely sure whether to apply this year or wait until next

[1st Institution]
UCL
[2nd Institution]
East Anglia
[3rd Institution]
Peninsula
[4th Institution]
Either Leicester or BSMS

[GCSE Reults]
A*(Maths)
5As(Double Science, French, German, English Language)
2Bs(Music, History)
2Cs(Drama, English Lit.)

[Work Experience/Voluntary]
3 Years St. John Ambulance
1 Year literacy scheme with children
1 week OB/GYN hospital w/e
1 week orthapaedic w/e

[BMAT/UKCAT]
watch this space.....

[Any other comments]
Currently taking Chemistry, Biology and Philosophy for A level
Worried about so many things; GCSEs, ASs (they aren't cashed in), UKCAT, BMAT.
Still, worrying won't help I guess.
Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Great subject choices! I'm doing the same :smile:
Not many people are doing Philosophy
AQA? Yeah, I'm hoping it might help me stand out just a little from the thousands of other applicants... assuming I can get a decent mark in it!
Reply 194
Hyeree
does anyone else here think that UCAS is a pain in the ass????

HELL yes.
especially considering that i thought i had my choices finalised, then realised that if ICL wants Maths at A Level, I haven't got it and am now considering UCL. and all this is happening 3 weeks before my school wants my UCAS form.
oh, and my PS sucks.
god, i wish it was august!
Reply 195
lotusx
HELL yes.
especially considering that i thought i had my choices finalised, then realised that if ICL wants Maths at A Level, I haven't got it and am now considering UCL. and all this is happening 3 weeks before my school wants my UCAS form.
oh, and my PS sucks.
god, i wish it was august!

gawd. i wish it was june ............
but yeah. im confused about what grades to put for 9th grade as well... since i dont have GCSE's... -_-;;
like UCAS is sooo complicated!!!!!!!!
:frown: i dont like it.
and my PS is just crap. arrgh!!!
Reply 196
aww my post from the other day just got totally ignored :frown:
Nicolish
Allo people

I need your opinion...
For my personal statement intro I am going to write about my work experience.

I have originally started talking about a guy who is going to die because he is allergic to everything and is a chef and can't change his job or he will be deported (worded better :p:)

but I was thinking whether to change to:
A woman I met who nearly got paraylsed because she was injecting her blood back into her so she could get an abscess for blood supply because she ran out of veins to inject heroin (yum)

Which is better and more memorable?
x

i like the first one. sounds much more touching and inspiring. second one is also good to a certain extent but a bit...weird.
Reply 198
first one.. the latter just looks wrong.
Reply 199
Hyeree
first one.. the latter just looks wrong.

Isometrix
i like the first one. sounds more touching and inspiring. second one is also good to a certain extent but a bit...weird.

lol yeah everyone at school was like :no: to 2nd one
but it sure is memorable!

Latest

Trending

Trending