ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll2)
    That wait is gonna be so painful.
    Apparently Liverpool people don't hear till March. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)

Liverpool/Aberdeen/Dundee/Newcastle/Edinburgh

Subsequently, I'm applying to 4 of those.

*sigh*

ReputationRep:

Woot, that is like forever!

How unreasonable of them.

ReputationRep:
    Same with Leicester (?), Cardiff (?), Newcastle and Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Liverpool/Aberdeen/Dundee/Newcastle/Edinburgh

Subsequently, I'm applying to 4 of those.

*sigh*
    Then you got it pretty much easy.

No News till March - Done.

You can get it out of your mind then init.

ReputationRep:
    Then you got it pretty much easy.

No News till March - Done.

You can get it out of your mind then init.

Yeah, it's great fun when all you end up hearing
    'OH MY GODZ I HAVEZ AN OFFER......do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Yeah, it's great fun when all you end up hearing
    'OH MY GODZ I HAVEZ AN OFFER......do you?

Since Submitting my application i an expecting rejections. (Hearing Nothing is far worse than dealing with rejection)

And on tsr all i hear is "I got an Interview", "I got an offer" ect.

It is depressing and causes us applicants to go through stages of self doubt and worth.

But the dont call this the "Waiting Game" for Nothing

ReputationRep:
    my teachers made me doubt myself so much and me question my own ability as a doctor. ( i am normally someone who is direct, resilient and very confident with myself). then when i got an interview invite they were so shocked which made me doubt myself more. i can see where you're coming from though

ReputationRep:
    i know what more do they want from us!!! we stres out so much to give in our application early, stress out waiting for interviews, panic when we do get an interview, do the interview, and then they decide that because we havent already gone to enough trouble, and done enough waiting, we can wait till march :mad: sry bout random rant lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger stripes)
    i know what more do they want from us!!! we stres out so much to give in our application early, stress out waiting for interviews, panic when we do get an interview, do the interview, and then they decide that because we havent already gone to enough trouble, and done enough waiting, we can wait till march :mad: sry bout random rant lol
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    trust me it won't be march.

They will probs give out offers/rejections come end of cycle 1 of interviews if they REALLY REALLY LOVE U or REALLY REALLY HATE U. If ur borderline then you'll be waiting till march.

btw this my own personal hypothesis based on data collected from infra-red waves reaching the earth. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    trust me it won't be march.

They will probs give out offers/rejections come end of cycle 1 of interviews if they REALLY REALLY LOVE U or REALLY REALLY HATE U. If ur borderline then you'll be waiting till march.

btw this my own personal hypothesis based on data collected from infra-red waves reaching the earth. :woo:
    i too am familiar with the infra-red data approach and find it makes perfect and logical sense especially where interview dates and offers are concerned

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Well after all my preparation, I walked in and COMPLETELY forgot why I wanted to do medicine! Bad start :hmmm:
    Then it was okay, some of the interviewees seemed to have quite horrible questions; mine were OK I think, had some fairly philosophical ones.
    horrible questions? erkk. yours doesn't sound too bad then! hopefully you'll get the offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    horrible questions? erkk. yours doesn't sound too bad then! hopefully you'll get the offer
    Yeah, can't really remember them though! Someone got asked who they'd like to have dinner with, if it was anyone dead or alive. Hmm, yeah basically I can't remember what other people got. Maybe mine was nicer because I'm state school, maybe because they thought I'm dumb. Maybe it just seemed nicer because I know about philosophy a bit? I dunno... some people thought they were grilled though. Good luck for your stuff, and thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, can't really remember them though! Someone got asked who they'd like to have dinner with, if it was anyone dead or alive. Hmm, yeah basically I can't remember what other people got. Maybe mine was nicer because I'm state school, maybe because they thought I'm dumb. Maybe it just seemed nicer because I know about philosophy a bit? I dunno... some people thought they were grilled though. Good luck for your stuff, and thanks.
    ooh i've heard that question before! i'd have no idea where to begin. i mean, if you're including fictional characters, i think i'd be fine, but otherwise...
    maybe they thought you were dumb...how nice! yeah, i was gonna say, you're a theology guy so it must've been nice to have those kind of questions! thank youu, hopefully i'll hear from ucl at some point.

ReputationRep:
    i too am familiar with the infra-red data approach and find it makes perfect and logical sense especially where interview dates and offers are concerned
    yes i quite agree, pass the scones while your at it? I do love scones with my afternoon game of bowels...simply superb! Frankly old-bean i wouldn't be surprised if the old fools down at liverpool didn't send you a invitation to read good ol' medicine at their institute...wouldn't surprise me one bit!

Back to our game of bowels?

ReputationRep:
    Since Submitting my application i an expecting rejections. (Hearing Nothing is far worse than dealing with rejection)

And on tsr all i hear is "I got an Interview", "I got an offer" ect.

It is depressing and causes us applicants to go through stages of self doubt and worth.

But the dont call this the "Waiting Game" for Nothing
    Haha the legend makes a comeback! Welcome back

ReputationRep:
    been rejected by manchester so SO SOO SOOOOO disappointed, it was my first choice i really wanted to go there. i know ive had an interview at liverpool and have one at HYMS, but i just had my heart set on manchester. im like x 1000000000000000000000

ReputationRep:
    been rejected by manchester so SO SOO SOOOOO disappointed, it was my first choice i really wanted to go there. i know ive had an interview at liverpool and have one at HYMS, but i just had my heart set on manchester. im like x 1000000000000000000000
    Try not to get yourself down about it, it's their loss at the end of the day. I'd transfer all your emotions and focus on getting motivated for your interview at HYMS - make the most of it and do the best you can...and hey, really you're better off considering Manchester's interviews are like three odd hours long!

All the best with Liverpool's decision and the rest of your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Try not to get yourself down about it, it's their loss at the end of the day. I'd transfer all your emotions and focus on getting motivated for your interview at HYMS - make the most of it and do the best you can...and hey, really you're better off considering Manchester's interviews are like three odd hours long!

All the best with Liverpool's decision and the rest of your application.
    thankx mena, but like, its so crushing because youve worked for years and years and gone through SOO much, its like, all for what? for a dumb "unsuccesful" against manchester on UCAS. ill try to use it, it means i only have leeds to wait on now, which is good, HYMS might be my last interview so i have to brilliant, specially since i dont meeet HYMS' minimum GCSE requirements ....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.