Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..
    Got ABBB in AS this year..
    Not pleased but i know i can get A's if i worked harder (don't mean to sound cocky)
    .. Just booked my UKCAT and gave in personal statement..
    Not sure i stand a chance.
    Go for it or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprout_hair)
    Hmm..
    Got ABBB in AS this year..
    Not pleased but i know i can get A's if i worked harder (don't mean to sound cocky)
    .. Just booked my UKCAT and gave in personal statement..
    Not sure i stand a chance.
    Go for it or not?
    why not? as long as you try your best in ukcat and have a good personal statment you can do it good luck and work hard to get those a's (you dont sound cocky at all )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I'm so stressed right now.

- Biology trip from Wednesday to Friday. I HAVE to hand in my completed PLANNING section for BYB5/c on Friday and was only just told about it today. I can't prepare for it right now since I'll find out what I'll be doing on Wednesday.
    - Computing teacher is nagging the class to hand in the entire Analysis section for CPT6 by next week. I haven't even started it and it's supposed to be like fifty pages long.
    - I'm still on my third draft of my PS and am not satisfied with it at all.
    - I am struggling with Core 3 and Chemistry in general.
    - I have my theory exam next Monday and haven't done much preparation at all for it.

I've got so much on my mind, I really don't know what to prioritise to be honest.
    Aww bless you :console:. I'm probably going to be in the same position this time next week when I am back at college
    I would focus on your Personal Statement, because once that is done you can just forget about it, and to me it seems the most important.
    Don't worry about your theory test at all, if you fail, you fail. Fair enough, its £30 out of the window, but its not essential that you pass it now is it?
    I wouldn't place too much importance on Computing either, seeing as you didn't want to carry it on in the first place! Explain the situation to your teachers, smile at them sweetly and ask if you can have an extension. Get the Biology stuff done, and then you can concentrate on learning C3 and Chemistry better
    I hope that helps, I feel like I'm back on PreMed with all this prioritising! Just make sure you don't make a half attempt at everything, because that will just mean you get things done to an average standard. For me, the theory test would be the first thing to go out of my priorities, as you can always take that again when things aren't so pressured for you.
    Chin up, alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Aww bless you :console:. I'm probably going to be in the same position this time next week when I am back at college
    I would focus on your Personal Statement, because once that is done you can just forget about it, and to me it seems the most important.
    Don't worry about your theory test at all, if you fail, you fail. Fair enough, its £30 out of the window, but its not essential that you pass it now is it?
    I wouldn't place too much importance on Computing either, seeing as you didn't want to carry it on in the first place! Explain the situation to your teachers, smile at them sweetly and ask if you can have an extension. Get the Biology stuff done, and then you can concentrate on learning C3 and Chemistry better
    I hope that helps, I feel like I'm back on PreMed with all this prioritising! Just make sure you don't make a half attempt at everything, because that will just mean you get things done to an average standard. For me, the theory test would be the first thing to go out of my priorities, as you can always take that again when things aren't so pressured for you.
    Chin up, alright?
    :ditto: Sounds like the most logical thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Chin up, alright?
    Aww thanks for your take on what I should do! :hugs:

Yeah the theory is the last thing on my mind right now. I'm going to prioritise the Biology coursework and my personal statement for now. The Computing coursework can wait till next June to be honest. I'm not going to be rushed into things in a subject I've been forced to carry on with.

In other news, I'm going to apply to King's. I loved the open day and I'm quite sick of comprimising my choices based on my UKCAT score of 605. I rang up an admissions tutor today and explained everything to them and they told me my grades would work in favour against my UKCAT score. They also mentioned that their site says the lowest applicant to get interviewed in 2008 had a UKCAT score of 513 and the highest was somewhat above 700, so that's promising. It has really got to the point where I was just picking names out of a hat over the past couple of weeks; I'm so much happier with my choices right now. (Though I've said that about a hundred times!) It's pretty much led me back to my original choices of UCL and KCL. I feel it's a risk but I'm going to take it. I know I would regret not trying than if I get rejected without an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolish)
    lol yeah everyone at school was like :no: to 2nd one
    but it sure is memorable!
    yeah .. the second one is memorable, but that'd just put me off studying med... tbh.
    i dont think i could find anything positive to say about that... or anything i learnt apart from: dont do drugs... lol

but if you phrase it correctly, the first one will be very memorable!

ReputationRep:
    ahh !MEna, you've decided on your final choices? are they staying this way? :P im kidding! which one are you giving up then?
    and awhh you sound really stressed right now, but i'm pretty sure we're all gonna be pulling our hair out soon, so might as well take scaryhair's advice and prioritise! just think, if we get our offers & meet them, this time next year we could be getting ready to go!
    it's the one thought that's keeping me going

ReputationRep:
    What's more important?
    AS grades or predicted grades?

..Is that justa ditsy question?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    predicted are more important
    ^^
    Gooodo..
    Cos i got ABBB for AS
    But predicted AAA/B
    Maybe i should go for it..

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere that likes to look at your AS grades? Or even just take them into account?

I'm finding it annoying when you work your socks off, to get some really high A grades, yet it doesn't seem to mean anything, as everyone is predicted AAA, even if they didn't get it at AS. Urghhhhh, I wish they counted for something. Sorry if you disagree with me. x

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to Vision today?
    I found it really really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerjagga)
    Is there anywhere that likes to look at your AS grades? Or even just take them into account?

I'm finding it annoying when you work your socks off, to get some really high A grades, yet it doesn't seem to mean anything, as everyone is predicted AAA, even if they didn't get it at AS. Urghhhhh, I wish they counted for something. Sorry if you disagree with me. x
    Not true - if you get higher at AS, you have much more of a leeway on the results of your A2 modules

An example of this would be my biology results lol I got AAAACC in the modules and got an A in the end :p: So working hard at AS really does pay off in the end

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Am so stressed/snowed under right now still nowhere near finished my PS, and I've got loads of homework and I haven't even started my extended project which has to be done in less than a month. On top of that I'm still trying to organise work experience with a GP or hospital as so far have been fruitless.
    ughhh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Hey guys
    Am so stressed/snowed under right now still nowhere near finished my PS, and I've got loads of homework and I haven't even started my extended project which has to be done in less than a month. On top of that I'm still trying to organise work experience with a GP or hospital as so far have been fruitless.
    ughhh.
    ahh, don't stress! you'll get it all done, it sounds like you're just at that horrible stage when you feel like it'll never all happen in time. Keep trying with the work experience - it can be really difficult, but you'll get there. If your PS needs finished first, for school deadlines or whatever, put that first, and even if you just put a few hours this weekend into that project, then you'll feel loads better about it.
    you'll get through it! don't worry, just take your time with stuff and it'll happen.

i'm feeling pretty frustrated with stuff right now as well....i thought i could get my UCAS stuff sent off this weekend, to school at least, minus one choice, as my head of year thought my PS seemed fine, and so do i...until the careers woman at school tore it to pieces...im now torn between leaving it, as i think it gives a good sense of me at the minute, or making some alterations....argh.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it guys, the UCAS site isn't even accepting applications until this coming Monday.

ReputationRep:
    heya you can have 4 medical choices and 1 alternative course, what are people thinking of doing for this alternative? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerjagga)

Try Imperial,oxford,cambridge:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolish)
    Did anyone go to Vision today?
    I found it really really useful
    I didn't, nope... care to share your experience of it with us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magichearts)
    I just finished my first draft for my PS and I'm 2000 characters over the limit. In my first draft I put down everything I've done and for my 2nd draft I think i'll have to start selecting what is important and what's not. This is going to be tough! And did anyone else find that the Opening and Conclusion were the two hardest paragraphs to write?!

I've not started yet mainly coz i find the opening hard and i agree with u that the opening and the closing are the hardest bits!

ReputationRep:
    I read on TSR that from this yr people can no longer put their results as pending. That u have to declare all results inckuding AS. Is this true?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.