Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    ahh but have a look here:

http://imperialcollegelondon.custhel...i=&p_topview=1
    ahhh, so 4.7, 4.7, 7.5? But they do say 'generally' and i suppose exceptional gcse and as grades, a shining PS, reference, tons of work experience..... would balance out say, for example, a 4.4 on one of the sections, which is like 1 mark off 4.7! I went to imperial tonight in fact (their science symposium) and just spoke to loads of first year medics who said the exact same thing. EVERYTHNG is taken into account!

ReputationRep:
    i just would take what people tell you (as always) with a pinch of salt - yes, people get in with arguably 'lower' scores (i honestly don't think below 4.7 is low, but my opinion counts for s**t), but their admissions criteria says "generally 50%".
    Granted, you do have a valid point that everything is taken into account but you've got to remember that you're up against tons of guys that got way above the 4.7 barrier, also with great PS', tons of w/e, brilliant AS grades and GCSEs, glowing references..... I myself got below 4.7 in S1, but I'm not holding my breath for an interview.

Not trying to be pessimistic, simply more realistic. But then again, you never know, this year might be different, after all the graph is skewed more towards the lower end of the scale relative to last years graph.

Here's to wishing!!

ReputationRep:
    i just would take what people tell you (as always) with a pinch of salt - yes, people get in with arguably 'lower' scores (i honestly don't think below 4.7 is low, but my opinion counts for s**t), but their admissions criteria says "generally 50%".
    Granted, you do have a valid point that everything is taken into account but you've got to remember that you're up against tons of guys that got way above the 4.7 barrier, also with great PS', tons of w/e, brilliant AS grades and GCSEs, glowing references..... I myself got below 4.7 in S1, but I'm not holding my breath for an interview.

Not trying to be pessimistic, simply more realistic. But then again, you never know, this year might be different, after all the graph is skewed more towards the lower end of the scale relative to last years graph.

Here's to wishing!!
    Ah, my life-long dream has just been crushed! .... I got 4.4 on S1, but 19.6 overall and pray to God that I get an interview!

It's all hit-and-miss, I guess!

Btw, how'd you do in your BMAT, Med Man? KCL have finally said that they will give out ALL replies by the end of this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Ah, my life-long dream has just been crushed! .... I got 4.4 on S1, but 19.6 overall and pray to God that I get an interview!

It's all hit-and-miss, I guess!

Btw, how'd you do in your BMAT, Med Man? KCL have finally said that they will give out ALL replies by the end of this week!
    You have Oxford dude, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    thats really good o know - you'll definitely get an offer seenig as they kept you waiting for this long!!!

Oh and i flopped tehe BMAT big big time!!!
    lets out it this way - it was higher then 14, but lower than 19.

My score is too shameful!!

ReputationRep:
    thats really good o know - you'll definitely get an offer seenig as they kept you waiting for this long!!!

In the same boat. It keeps me up at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    You have Oxford dude, don't worry!
    Man, you make me laugh! I am far from 'hav[ing]' Oxford! The interviews were just breathtakingly terrible! Plus, the one area - the only area - I don't fully understand in Chemistry Unit 5 came up.... I know, such bad luck! I looked like such an idiot when he was like: 'The answer to that is NO. You're wrong. Try again.'

Several minutes later and after several awkward silences - 'Yes. At last. Well done.'

(Still, I LOVED the interviewers and the challenge of the interview! Keeping you're ground when they contradict everything you say with flawless arguments is pretty damn exhuasting! )

ReputationRep:

Hmmm, let me guess - 14.something? Otherwise, surely you wouldn't have mentioned 14, would have you?

Anyways, it's nothing to be embarassed about!

ReputationRep:
    computer says maybe (read in a david walliams kinda accent) :P

there's no way to get out of this is there!!! lol :P

but yeah, seriously, f the BMAT. I've actually repressed it to the back of my mind!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, let me guess - 14.something? Otherwise, surely you wouldn't have mentioned 14, would have you?

Anyways, it's nothing to be embarassed about!

There's got to be a minimum, surely.

You could say the same about 0.

ReputationRep:
    computer says maybe (read in a david walliams kinda accent) :P

there's no way to get out of this is there!!! lol :P

but yeah, seriously, f the BMAT. I've actually repressed it to the back of my mind!!
    agreed. can't believe one test can potentially wipe out half of my choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    There's got to be a minimum, surely.

You could say the same about 0.
    Nah, I can read into these kind of things - trust me! And that maybe, Med Man replied with, was a hesitant 'Yes', slipping off the tip of his tongue.... *No, the screen... Gah, you know what I mean!*

Ah, but 0 wasn't mentioned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Screw all these admissions test! They drive me crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. One stupid mark in my case!!!!! You don't know how frustrating it is!!! Just one stupid mark, one stupid guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Screw all these admissions test! They drive me crazy!
    should have applied to birmingham, bristol, liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I can read into these kind of things - trust me!
    Aye aye, Dr Sloane.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I could say the same thing about the UKCAT with my application.

ReputationRep:
    should have applied to birmingham, bristol, liverpool
    Aren't they A* heavy? Only 50% of my GCSE's are A*'s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Yeah, I could say the same thing about the UKCAT with my application.
    your ukcat wasn't bad! and at least they take everything into consideration when interviewing for your choices. i'm facing a straight rejection based on one test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Aren't they A* heavy? Only 50% of my GCSE's are A*'s
    hehe i wouldn't mind. 80% for me. although i did have brum in mind yet somehow i was convinced to substitute it for manchester (who rank UKCAT) - what was I thinking?!?!?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.