Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Congrats on the AA offer Siobhan!

Keep oaring the boat with me, we'll get there...eventually! :p:

Im still surprised that they havent given you any interview.

Your mind must be restless.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how far through bristol are with handing out interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom4510)
    Does anyone know how far through bristol are with handing out interviews?
    Dunno, haven't heard from them myself either.
    Knowing my luck, I may get an interview right when I have a January exam so I have to travel from Spain to Bristol lol.. I would have to try and change the date as it may not be possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    Im still surprised that they havent given you any interview.

Your mind must be restless.
    Yeah, I am anxious - but I can't really complain since I haven't had a rejection yet. I haven't had any mock interviews so I am still fresh to how I'll come across at an interview. At this rate, I really wouldn't be surprised if I turned up, jumping and skipping through the door when called up for one haha! Ahhh, I get so excited just thinking about it so I'll refrain myself from that thought now! :p:

I'm supposed to organise a mock interview with my form tutor and head of year when I get an interview so I'll have to wait a bit longer to find out. I do practice in front of a mirror occasionally though.

It is exciting yet terrifying too. The New Year is fastly approaching. It is exciting because it could be the year I get an interview, an offer and end up at med school. It is terrifying because all that might not actually happen. I know I'll get some decisions soon; they can't keep holding me back for too long surely. I really, really, really hope I hear something by the end of January though. If it happens, it happens. I'm a strong believer of fate and that everything happens for a good reason. Although I might not see it now, I'll realise it sooner or later.

Anyway, hope some good news comes your way soon hun!

:jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    It is exciting yet terrifying too. The New Year is fastly approaching. It is exciting because it could be the year I get an interview, an offer and end up at med school. It is terrifying because all that might not actually happen. I know I'll get some decisions soon; they can't keep holding me back for too long surely. I really, really, really hope I hear something by the end of January though. If it happens, it happens. I'm a strong believer of fate and that everything happens for a good reason. Although I might not see it now, I'll realise it sooner or later.
    i'm dreading 2009, because of that too. but at the same time longing for it.... exams are over = no more school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this summer i get to travel to places, then if i did well enough on everything it's unitime or gap year time..

you will hear from them soon enough an i bet it'll be good news. just hang in there mena! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x)
    Kings offer- only need 2 A's!!!!!!
    wow... that rreally is exceptional. i know a friend who has a kcl offer of AAB!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone ever feel doubtful? honestly? that if they get an offer, and go to med school they wont be good enough, and they might not be able to handle everything a Dr. has to do ?

:/ i feel like this occasionally, but most of the time when i think about being a dr. its in a good light, just wondering if any 1 else shared my occasional
    doubtS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger stripes)
    does anyone ever feel doubtful? honestly? that if they get an offer, and go to med school they wont be good enough, and they might not be able to handle everything a Dr. has to do ?

:/ i feel like this occasionally, but most of the time when i think about being a dr. its in a good light, just wondering if any 1 else shared my occasional
    doubtS?
    I think everyone has their doubts now and again, whether they admit it or not. Don't worry about it, it's natural and to be honest I think someone would have to be quite foolish and/or naive not to have a few doubts about medicine as a career.

I quite frequently worry about what my personal life will be like as a Doctor. I really want to have a family at some stage, and I know that a lot of doctors out there do it and do it very well, but I know it's going to be hard nonetheless.
    I also worry about ending up in the wrong speciality for me. I know both of these things are a long long way off yet, but they are problems associated with practising medicine.

I think as long as you have an idea of how you can get around your doubts, or know that they have been overcome by other people, then there's no point really obsessing over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    If it happens, it happens. I'm a strong believer of fate and that everything happens for a good reason. Although I might not see it now, I'll realise it sooner or later.

Anyway, hope some good news comes your way soon hun!

:jumphug:

Me too.

2009 is going to be exceptional. I also get to start a paid phlebotomy job(i can train). I did a work exp there before, and the lady was impressed by my dedication and said us students learn and do better than even student phlebotomists. That could form my gap year if im left with no offer.

For now, i got to see my dentist. I hate dentists...but beginning to like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I think everyone has their doubts now and again, whether they admit it or not. Don't worry about it, it's natural and to be honest I think someone would have to be quite foolish and/or naive not to have a few doubts about medicine as a career.

I quite frequently worry about what my personal life will be like as a Doctor. I really want to have a family at some stage, and I know that a lot of doctors out there do it and do it very well, but I know it's going to be hard nonetheless.
    I also worry about ending up in the wrong speciality for me. I know both of these things are a long long way off yet, but they are problems associated with practising medicine.

I think as long as you have an idea of how you can get around your doubts, or know that they have been overcome by other people, then there's no point really obsessing over it

Agreed! Even im not over confident about the whole process. I think, females worry more about how they will manage family life alongwith medical professional life. But, i seen many female docs leading successful lives in both cases, and some of their kids are becoming GPs and docs too. It will probably be hard in first few years, but im sure we will all think of a way around it.:rolleyes: For now, I just wana get in first.

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

2009 is going to be exceptional. I also get to start a paid phlebotomy job(i can train). I did a work exp there before, and the lady was impressed by my dedication and said us students learn and do better than even student phlebotomists. That could form my gap year if im left with no offer.

For now, i got to see my dentist. I hate dentists...but beginning to like them.
    Ooh that sounds really fantastic! Good luck at the dentists. :grin:

My 2009 is going to be fantastic too whatever happens. I'm going to start as a voluntary feeding assistant in my local hospital. I really hated seeing patients at work experience on the wards not being able to eat because they're too weak and the nurses (understandably) don't have time. Patients get weaker, food gets wasted. And it'll be lovely to chat to them on the wards too. Ahh it'll be great, and I'm sure I'll hear news whether good or bad by February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    Ooh that sounds really fantastic! Good luck at the dentists. :grin:
    Lol thanks ! Im yet to book an appointment. I should have made it months ago but i always keep it till the end when its about to start paining etc. Usually, they see me within a week.

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks ! Im yet to book an appointment. I should have made it months ago but i always keep it till the end when its about to start paining etc. Usually, they see me within a week.
    Oh wow that's really good. I can't remember the last time I saw a dentist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    Oh wow that's really good. I can't remember the last time I saw a dentist.

I have had dental issues since i was a kid...|chocolates did it|..

I just realised i will have to pay (im 18) for something which i could have done may be a year ago. Great ! I will probably need 2 filings..i really hope he doesnt make me wait till i need a root canal...I will scream lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    wow... that rreally is exceptional. i know a friend who has a kcl offer of AAB!
    thankyou! i may be seeing you there next year....how wierd is that to say!!! how was your oxford stuff? hav you heard back yet? hope it all goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x)
    thankyou! i may be seeing you there next year....how wierd is that to say!!! how was your oxford stuff? hav you heard back yet? hope it all goes well
    you never know! waiting for the postman to arrive with 'REJECTION' any minute now.... it really is excrutiatingly painful !

ReputationRep:
    you never know! waiting for the postman to arrive with 'REJECTION' any minute now.... it really is excrutiatingly painful !
    dont u get on track?

ReputationRep:
    dont u get on track?
    computers and oxford? are you being serious?

they use snail mail only!

ReputationRep:
    computers and oxford? are you being serious?

they use snail mail only!
    Hahah you cant be serious ! Good luck waiting in old fashioned way....

You are lucky that you arent getting it in telegram.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah you cant be serious ! Good luck waiting in old fashioned way....

You are lucky that you arent getting it in telegram.
    can you imagine if everyone heard from their unis by telegram? my god...i would actually go insane!
    urgh. i should really be doing my english coursework essay right now...but i can't be bothered. i can't be bothered to do ANYTHING these days, it's really bad!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.