The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Toiletpaper8
Probably not the best university to get feedback from seeing as 90% of everyone interviewed gets an offer :p:

You can try though.

As long as you're having a conversation with the interviewers instead of having a Q&A session, you should be fine where ever, I think.

Yeah that's what I think is the best technique, but I have a feeling that Birmingham don't give too much attention to the interview and so it doesn't really reflect my ability at them :s-smilie: ah well, I think i'm just gna leave it..I bet the admissions staff have enough on their plates without me making stupid enquiries..
ADREAM
Ha ha ha! :party:

Your sig looks so happy EXCEPT the oxbridge part. It spoils the happiness of the sig.
shahrukh24
Yeah that's what I think is the best technique, but I have a feeling that Birmingham don't give too much attention to the interview and so it doesn't really reflect my ability at them :s-smilie: ah well, I think i'm just gna leave it..I bet the admissions staff have enough on their plates without me making stupid enquiries..

Yea, it probably wouldn't put you in good stead if you ended up going to Brum :p:

With so few people getting rejected from Brum, sometimes I do wonder whether the interview is a mere formality that doesn't mean anything :p:
Reply 2843
Toiletpaper8
Yea, it probably wouldn't put you in good stead if you ended up going to Brum :p:

With so few people getting rejected from Brum, sometimes I do wonder whether the interview is a mere formality that doesn't mean anything :p:

With SGUL, it makes you wonder if they want any med students at all. :redface:
Reply 2844
SilentGirl
i think for oxford you should have a bmat of over 18...I noticed from the trend.

Just a very random thought.

Erm I had 19.6 and that was officially the lowest score of anyone there I met. Honestly, the average there was like 24/25 - some were practically laughing at how 'pathetic' my score was:

:frown:
Toiletpaper8

What I've been told is that the interview is meant to be there to deselect people rather than select them - i.e. to make sure you aren't a complete nut-job :p:
Reply 2846
SilentGirl
Your sig looks so happy EXCEPT the oxbridge part. It spoils the happiness of the sig.

Exactly. My sig/life was so happy ... till Oxford thrust that letter down my heart! :frown:

Gah, it's so hard forgetting 'bout it! :no: ?
Reply 2847
ADREAM
Erm I had 19.6 and that was officially the lowest score of anyone there I met. Honestly, the average there was like 24/25 - some were practically laughing at how 'pathetic' my score was:

:frown:

You should've laughed at their measly 5 AS/4 AS! DAMNIT
Reply 2848
Baki
You should've laughed at their measly 5 AS/4 AS! DAMNIT

But I guess that just isn't me, Baki .... that just isn't me.... :yep:
Wooo I got an offer from Cambridge!!! The best xmas present ever :-D
ADREAM

ADREAM, would you consider possibly dropping one/two A-level(s) to make sure you don't miss the King's offer?
Reply 2851
Sanjetti
ADREAM, would you consider possibly dropping one/two A-level(s) to make sure you don't miss the King's offer?

Drop a subject? OMG, you must be kidding, no?
ADREAM
Drop a subject? OMG, you must be kidding, no?

lmao great reaction! :p:
Reply 2853
ADREAM

Its just that I hate arrogant :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:. They need a taste of their own medicine.

And yes Adream, this is why I'm fond of you! Humbleness is a virtue. :biggrin:
Reply 2854
Congratulations Holsy! that's such a good way to kick off christmas eve :smile:
@scaryhair...awhhh you're going to make me cry :wink:
also: is bakman open to corruption? he's not gonna do an anakin, is he?
ben_stretch

wow! nice one mate.

a bit early :confused:

please could you post your bmat scores, GCSEs, and AS results (with UMS)

thanks!
Reply 2856
ADREAM
Exactly. My sig/life was so happy ... till Oxford thrust that letter down my heart! :frown:

Gah, it's so hard forgetting 'bout it! :no: ?

We all still love you and want to marry you multiple times and have your babies multiple times.
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Reply 2857
ben_stretch

:biggrin: Well done!
8A*s 2As
AAAA (300,300,288,279)
Reply 2859
Make_It
We all still love you and want to marry you multiple times and have your babies multiple times.
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Erm, thanks? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending