Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Medicine, but after collecting my AS grades I have been doubting if I ever have/had a chance of getting in! I still am unsure!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck scaryhair! I wish you the best with your application and hope you get the place you truly deserve!

Seriously, at this rate we'll be needing an official interviews / offers / rejections thread! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician!)
    I want to do Medicine, but after collecting my AS grades I have been doubting if I ever have/had a chance of getting in! I still am unsure!

If you can get predictions, then go for it!!

look at me init!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Okay guys, I'm submitting my application tomorrow, so wish me luck!
    It's so scary to think that from tomorrow, there will be nothing I can do until I hear from universities - how frustrating! I have got to the stage where I'm sick of the sight of my Personal Statement it's been redrafted so many times, I just want to get it all completed and sent off!
    ooooo GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..with the "additional info" part of the ucas form..
    Is that where you put courses like medlink in? also do you put a course down even if its just a day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprout_hair)
    Hmm..with the "additional info" part of the ucas form..
    Is that where you put courses like medlink in? also do you put a course down even if its just a day?
    I did, even put the potmed one I'll go too! anyone else coming btw...word on the street is the mock interviews are really useful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Okay guys, I'm submitting my application tomorrow, so wish me luck!
    It's so scary to think that from tomorrow, there will be nothing I can do until I hear from universities - how frustrating! I have got to the stage where I'm sick of the sight of my Personal Statement it's been redrafted so many times, I just want to get it all completed and sent off!
    good luck scaryhair! i'm sure you'll get the place you deserve...i sent mine off the other evening, tho i've sttill to confirm 2 choices....i have 3 options...argh, decisions. fingers crossed so much now! we've just got to hope that all the hard work's paid off. hope everyone else who's doing theirs is getting on okay!

ReputationRep:
    good luck scaryhair! like everyone else is saying, i hope you get where you want i still have to decide between ucl and imperial now, but thank god my PS is finally done!
    it's so scary to think that i could potentially be getting interviewed in a little more than a month

ReputationRep:
    do aberdeen and glasgow,dont want you to resit any modules,coz i read on their website,that,results should be obtained in one sitting and first sitting or something like that help!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me, I 'm confused! I have BBC at A level and am resitting in Jan and June, can I put the modules I am resitting as pending?and also can I put my AS grades in as AS's even though I've taken them onto A2 because I got AAB at AS so that will look good on UCAS rather than BBC. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all. :wavey:

Has anyone got to see their reference by any chance? I don't think I'm allowed (when it's written), but it's so tempting!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not happy with one of my choices - King's College London. As much as I loved King's on their open day, I just don't think I can risk it, especially with my UKCAT score. I rang them up a week ago and felt convinced I could be selected for interview with my UKCAT score of 605 but I can still see myself being rejected without an interview, which I'd be more upset about that being rejected after an interview to be honest.

I'm definitely set on UCL, SGUL and HYMS so it's just a matter of filling in one more choice. I'm considering Southampton - but I'm not too keen on their lack of interviewing policy. I don't know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHH! my school says that they won't enter me for the BMAT until i know which i'm picking out of UCL or ICL...and i can't decide! it's actually getting ridiculous, i don't know where to pick & i'm so stuck. i haven't seen UCL but from what i've heard & read on the website & prospectus, the course and location are amazing. plus i have to give in my UCAS form on wednesday and i haven't even seen newcastle yet and...URGHH. this could honestly not be a worse time.

ReputationRep:
    That's so silly seeing as they both require the BMAT. :no: Good luck in deciding. They're both brilliant in my opinion, but I'm going with UCL.

ReputationRep:
    that's exactly what i thought. i thought that seeing as i'm going to do the BMAT anyways, you might as well enter me for it.
    basically i have to decide on my first choice university this weekend. it came down to writing the names on two pieces of paper & picking one...i was very bored in biology :|

ReputationRep:
    When's the deadline for BMAT registration?

Edit: 30th September - Standard entry closing date
    15th October 2008 - Late entry closing date

You'll be fine. Chin up.

ReputationRep:
    30th september, but i think the absolute deadline for late entries is 15th october.
    this whole year's going to be hell

ReputationRep:
    i've done first draft. it's rubbish ..gotta do another one..and another one ..and probably another before it's fit for sending off. On 23rd am sitting the ukcat :eek: and still haven't got the hang of the whole thing :woo:
    and anyone know the deadline for bmat registration.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Posted above, i star. Oops we both did.

It'll be fine. Just keep at it! And good luck with your UKCAT! I didn't get the 'hang' of it until the actual test...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    Posted above, i star. Oops we both did.

It'll be fine. Just keep at it! And good luck with your UKCAT! I didn't get the 'hang' of it until the actual test...
    thanx holsy.. makes me feel calmer now.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.