ReputationRep:
    well i got rejected from cambridge.

one of the worst days of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

awww maan

Don't worry. I know many rejected from oxbridge but you will soon get over it and I'm sure you'll get in elsewhere It's studying medicine that counts, not studying at Cambridge. It's one of the best universities in the world so you should be proud you got an interview!

ReputationRep:

Seconded.
    It has been my ultimate goal for a long time, and all though getting on a medicine course is the most important thing I just feel like everything has gone to waste.
    In some ways I felt Cambridge was my most hopeful choice because the course suited me the most. I'm not sure that anywhere else will have me and I haven't even got any other interviews yet.
    I feel like an absolute idiot.

EDIT: I can't even spell although properly anymore.

ReputationRep:

Really sorry to hear that You still have three choices left remember, and Cambridge isn't the be all and all.
    You'll still make a great doctor training at one of the others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Seconded.
    It has been my ultimate goal for a long time, and all though getting on a medicine course is the most important thing I just feel like everything has gone to waste.
    In some ways I felt Cambridge was my most hopeful choice because the course suited me the most. I'm not sure that anywhere else will have me and I haven't even got any other interviews yet.

aww don't worry

I only had one interview (like you) from Keele, who have put me on a waiting list.. And you got one from Cambridge, which certainly says something about you. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere! Interviews still are handed out frequently in the new year up til March/April.

Good things come to those who wait!

ReputationRep:
    i woke up to a nice sunny day, washed, went down smiling...only to see my disappointed mum holding a single sheet of A4...worst feeling EVER.

thanks to everyone for their sympathy.

ReputationRep:
    Seconded.
    I feel like an absolute idiot

you shouldn't do. granted, it's awful to get a rejection, especially from somewhere that's your first choice, but you WILL get in somewhere else and you'll become a doctor; which is the most important thing, and you know that! i'm really sorry for both you & isometrix, but don't forget, you've got 3 other choices yet to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    no, you're not overreacting. i would do the same thing in your position, and i'm sure he'd be pissed off if you'd done it as well! i'm sorry about that :hugs:; is he the kind that will apologise?
    if you're in need of consolation, haagen dazs is your friend and you can ***** on here.
    Thanks No, he gets very funny in the way that despite how wrong he is in his actions, he cannot apologise because he's too proud. With hindsight, I think he's going through a very immature and superficial stage and I think I'm probably lucky to not be involved with that anymore.
    No Haagen Dazs just yet, I'm just about to leave for work! That'll take my mind off things at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Thanks No, he gets very funny in the way that despite how wrong he is in his actions, he cannot apologise because he's too proud. With hindsight, I think he's going through a very immature and superficial stage and I think I'm probably lucky to not be involved with that anymore.
    No Haagen Dazs just yet, I'm just about to leave for work! That'll take my mind off things at least
    pshh...guys are so idiotic sometimes, it's unreal. exactly: think of the plus sides!
    haha fair enough. where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't do. granted, it's awful to get a rejection, especially from somewhere that's your first choice, but you WILL get in somewhere else and you'll become a doctor; which is the most important thing, and you know that! i'm really sorry for both you & isometrix, but don't forget, you've got 3 other choices yet to go.
    :ditto:
    In no way whatsoever should you feel like an idiot for not getting in - let's face it, it's Cambridge, and it's Medicine. You are SO SO far from being an idiot, you're just upset that's all.
    Remember you still have your other choices and that you're a very intelligent and talented individual who WILL get into medicine, and who will make a great doctor wherever you go!
    That goes for you too isometrix

ReputationRep:
    pshh...guys are so idiotic sometimes, it's unreal. exactly: think of the plus sides!
    haha fair enough. where do you work?
    Matalan :rolleyes: Not the most stimulating job in the world, but it brings in a little money

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the support guys. I know I'll feel better about the whole thing sooner or later but it's just a horrible feeling.

ReputationRep:
    School nearly starting :sad:

And exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Matalan :rolleyes: Not the most stimulating job in the world, but it brings in a little money
    meh, mcdonalds isn't a barrel of laughs either

ReputationRep:

Seconded.

I'm so sorry to hear that guys

Don't feel so bad! I know rejections hurt, but you'll feel better soon enough (For me, I was rejected by UCL last year who happened to be the place I wanted to go to most at the time...it got better after a bit )

Kelly^2 you shouldn't feel like an idiot as you did get interviewed by Cambridge afterall, I mean they wouldn't have bothered if you weren't smart enough!

Either way you both shouldn't dwell on it for too long, you still have three other choices and have other things you need to focus on!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    well i got rejected from Cambridge.

What?

"*****, *******, ***, ******** idiots."

Pricks

Sorry man, being rejected sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Seconded.

Commiserations dear.

I don't understand out off all the Cambridge med applicants i would have thought they would have given you and Iso and offer.
    You both are really nice people and Definitely deserved a place.

It make no sense.

The feeling does pass honest.:console:

ReputationRep:
    i woke up to a nice sunny day, washed, went down smiling...only to see my disappointed mum holding a single sheet of A4...worst feeling EVER.

thanks to everyone for their sympathy.
    Arghhh that doesn't sound good your other choices will pull through i'm sure. +ve rep to attempt to cheer you up

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again everyone for your support.
    Iso I know how you feel. My mum woke me up with the letter, I saw the size of it and just put my head under the pillow. She sat down and said "just open it, it doesn't matter kel honestly it doesn't"
    It was :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: awful.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again everyone for your support.
    Iso I know how you feel. My mum woke me up with the letter, I saw the size of it and just put my head under the pillow. She sat down and said "just open it, it doesn't matter kel honestly it doesn't"
    It was :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: awful.
    Hi. I got rejected from St Johns. It sucks.. i was in love with the place.

I would reassure you that everything is going to be okay, but im finding it hard to believe myself.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.