Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey people, ive got a question
    I didnt know where to post it, so have chosen here, cant be assed to start a completel new thread based on it
    on my offer for barts it says
    proof of non-infectivity of hepatitis b
    that does mean just a blood test to prove youre not infected by it right?
    because im worried it means proof of immunisation against it, because it that case Ive got a problem because it takes 6 months to get immunised to it, and when I asked my local GP about it, they said they needed a letter showing that youve got a place at medical school and they require it, and only then will they do it for me
    dont want to miss puit on an opffer for somehting so mina lol

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I'm really starting to worry. So many good candidates here are getting picked off left right and center.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatman09MedPlz)
    hey people, ive got a question
    I didnt know where to post it, so have chosen here, cant be assed to start a completel new thread based on it
    on my offer for barts it says
    proof of non-infectivity of hepatitis b
    that does mean just a blood test to prove youre not infected by it right?
    because im worried it means proof of immunisation against it, because it that case Ive got a problem because it takes 6 months to get immunised to it, and when I asked my local GP about it, they said they needed a letter showing that youve got a place at medical school and they require it, and only then will they do it for me
    dont want to miss puit on an opffer for somehting so mina lol
    Hey, I got 2 doses already, next one is in May i think. I suspected my GP would say no. So, i printed off the Hep B requirement from SGUL and UCL website and booked an appointment with my GP to inform them. Then, i had to go for a blood test (dunno why), then i got my first shot in november just before my sgul interview. After that, i will have to do another blood test and get a certificate from northwick park.

Atleast start it, so that you can show QMUL that you have started it. As i saw from TSR, some people's grades are conditional upon satisfactory health screening. So, yeah its very important if QMUL puts a lot of emphasis on it. Go and nag your GP lol.

The way QMUL put it, its kinda confusing. Phone them may be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    Hey, I got 2 doses already, next one is in May i think. I suspected my GP would say no. So, i printed off the Hep B requirement from SGUL and UCL website and booked an appointment with my GP to inform them. Then, i had to go for a blood test (dunno why), then i got my first shot in november just before my sgul interview. After that, i will have to do another blood test and get a certificate from northwick park.

Atleast start it, so that you can show QMUL that you have started it. As i saw from TSR, some people's grades are conditional upon satisfactory health screening. So, yeah its very important if QMUL puts a lot of emphasis on it. Go and nag your GP lol.

Soton rejected you..?
    Aww, i'm so sorry

It's my first choice really but I was wondering, was that rejection recent? I heard they started rejecting in January last year too.. All the best with your other unis and your wait till may hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielisew)
    Soton rejected you..?
    Aww, i'm so sorry

It's my first choice really but I was wondering, was that rejection recent? I heard they started rejecting in January last year too.. All the best with your other unis and your wait till may hehe

I got it at 5 14 pm today and i believe it could be their first batch of rejections. Great ! Last year, they gave out offers on the 12/13th. So, you might be in with a good chance.

Soton wasnt really my first choice.But, then again I dont really have any first choice as my only intention is to get in anywhere to do medicine. But, if distance is a factor then ucl would be my first choice. But, my bmat score is horrendous which should be burried in the past lol. so yeah. Good luck.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    hey
    i've got an interview at newcastle/Stockton campus
    anyone had an interview there?
    The lady who phoned me was from the university of Duhram if that helps
    Well done! I've had one there, they were lovely. It's quite a long interviewe - 35-40 minutes, and there's 2 people on the panel, drawn from clinicians, academics, and members of the local community. I found mine a more pleasant experience than my newcastle one, for all it was longer - i didn't feel like i was in there as long as i was. Also there were only 4 or so other people being interviewed on the same day, so i ended up just waiting outside the room on my own without other candidates there to talk to, cos only one interview happens at a time.

Anyway, good luck! And just try and enjoy it, hopefully it shouldn't be too painful!

ReputationRep:
    I got it at 5 14 pm today and i believe it could be their first batch of rejections. Great ! Last year, they gave out offers on the 12/13th. So, you might be in with a good chance.

Soton wasnt really my first choice.But, then again I dont really have any first choice as my only intention is to get in anywhere to do medicine. But, if distance is a factor then ucl would be my first choice. But, my bmat score is horrendous which should be burried in the past lol. so yeah. Good luck.
    Thanks

Don't worry, you should have a good chance with Bristol too as they interview quite a lot of applicants. I really doubt soton would offer me (at least this early) as I am sure there are much better applicants than me.. Someone I know applied to Cambridge for Medicine and now got an offer but another choice was Soton - whether they look at his application and give him an offer (the obvious option) or realise that he will obviously get in somewhere else better, I don't know.. Don't see how anyone could reject someone with an application as good as his - amazing grades, loads of work experience and insight into medicine and loads more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    i have general studies tomorrow.
    JOY!
    Me too! Woop!

ReputationRep:

ive already said to them, and they said they wont start you unless you have got a place, and a letter to prove it. so im just going to have to wait for my letter from Barts to coem through
    but you still didnt wanswer my question :p: , because I believe that many unis dont require hep b immunisation anymore, just want proof youre not infected by it
    so does anyone know if non-infectivity certificate for hep b means immunisation or just proof through blood test youre not infected by it?

ReputationRep:
    so does anyone know if non-infectivity certificate for hep b means immunisation or just proof through blood test youre not infected by it?
    You have to have proof of immunity - something to say that you are immune to catching hep B, to aquire immunity you will probably require a set of immunisations. You'll then have a blood test to check your immunity, these are the results that uni require.
    But ASFIK it's not that big of a deal if you go to uni not immune...i think you can just complete the cycle once your there.
    Plus, the immunisations don't always work so may have to have a couple of cycles, which you probably won't have time to do before you go...fun times :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ive already said to them, and they said they wont start you unless you have got a place, and a letter to prove it. so im just going to have to wait for my letter from Barts to coem through
    but you still didnt wanswer my question :p: , because I believe that many unis dont require hep b immunisation anymore, just want proof youre not infected by it
    That's odd I didn't need a letter when I asked for the vaccine! I have my third jab tomorrow actually....fun times.

I thought all unis required you have been vaccinated? Best person to ask of course is the admissions of the uni you're going to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Oh you get study leave? Lucky!

Eugh, back to school tomorrow. I can't wait till these exams are over - my last exam is on the 23rd. When does everyone else finish?
    its comin out of my annual holidays lol, my exams are on the 20th 21st and
    22nd over in three days ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia.x)
    not sure, as Ive got a medicine interview for Feb but others at my school have heard nothing!

p.s 2 days of study leave! not even worth it!
    they said they interview from mid december till march, so i think ill be gettin a rejection, cuz like, if you have one and its in feb and u know now, then others who have theirs in march must be told soon as well ... damn! i really wanna go to leeds, good luck with ur interview tho

ReputationRep:
    How's revision and exams going for everyone so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

Non-existent. And they start in just over a week. Not really phased to be honest. Should I be? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I was off ill today, so theres 4 hours taught revision down the drain :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's not progressing too good for me either.

I haven't actually started revision for three modules.

ReputationRep:
    Well I had a C2 retake today. Went okay but I never ended up answering one 3 mark question and may have slipped up a bit elsewhere..hopefully got a firm A though so I should be alright

ReputationRep:
    My chemistry exam went ok today. Now, too tired to revise for others...6 more to go...

ReputationRep:
    My chemistry exam went ok today. Now, too tired to revise for others...6 more to go...
    Good to hear I got 3 more to go hehe. Did you do Edexcel chem? The new Edexcel specification for chemistry is harder as it includes A2 stuff in unit 1 really like lattice enthalpies. They had their exam today and found it really hard, as it always is

It's 80 marks and only 1 hour 15 mins whereas there are 75 mark papers, which are 1 hour 30 mins. I guess it may be due to the multiple choice at the beginning, but they aren't all so easy, as I saw!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.