The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
b9muslove
Yeah, C3 and C4 next week :frown: i think C4 has clicked now though, but still quite nervous about it on Tuesday :s-smilie: Got General Studies tomorrow, what joy! :p:

GAH I hope it will click for me soon too. I don't hold out much hope :frown:
Wanny24
GAH I hope it will click for me soon too. I don't hold out much hope :frown:

i hate those big unusual question they give you at the end!
SilentGirl

Argh i know! Those questions can be so difficult.
b9muslove
Argh i know! Those questions can be so difficult.

They carry so many mrks, they can almost make a difference between an A or a B.
Reply 4304
SilentGirl

YES! Questions like "Let's integrate by parts (although you have to work that out by yourself) an equation using sec and cot using radian limits and, maybe we'll chuck in a few exponential functions for fun"

LOVE those questions :frown:
DrDomDom
Well, after having a horrible day at work, I have been lifted. I went to the shops where I know someone who works there and we got to talking about uni prospects, and I mentioned that I was hoping for medicine: a guy behind me turned me round and shook my hand.

I was pleased at this response indeed :biggrin:

Feels good doesnt it. :smile:

It would feel much etter when you are a doc...:rolleyes:
Wanny24
YES! Questions like "Let's integrate by parts (although you have to work that out by yourself) an equation using sec and cot using radian limits and, maybe we'll chuck in a few exponential functions for fun"

LOVE those questions :frown:

Radian limits? :s-smilie: polar co ordinates? Im getting confused between my C4 and FP1. I dunno which topic is under which...gah.
Hello all, I had a resit for C2 on Friday, it was all going brilliantly until the last question, it was a freak question. 12 marks down the drain
, oh well
On the day of the exam i found out that i had been rejected from Kings for med, i was pretty pissed
Reply 4308
SilentGirl
Radian limits? :s-smilie: polar co ordinates? Im getting confused between my C4 and FP1. I dunno which topic is under which...gah.

If I opened the Core 4 paper on Tuesday to find a question on electrophilic substitiution I wouldn't be at all suprised.
Everything in my brain is all smosssshed into one at the moment :confused:
Lordie...
Wanny24
If I opened the Core 4 paper on Tuesday to find a question on electrophilic substitiution I wouldn't be at all suprised.
Everything in my brain is all smosssshed into one at the moment :confused:
Lordie...

Then, its not your brain which has a problem, morelike, the examiner's..:biggrin:
Reply 4310
SilentGirl
Then, its not your brain which has a problem, morelike, the examiner's..:biggrin:

Haha True. I wish it would happen though and then the exam would be void and they would have to give us all As? :biggrin:
Ah - Critical Thinking and General Studies tomorrow...

What a pointless day.
awais_123
Hello all, I had a resit for C2 on Friday, it was all going brilliantly until the last question, it was a freak question. 12 marks down the drain
, oh well
On the day of the exam i found out that i had been rejected from Kings for med, i was pretty pissed

Don't worry about the retake, 12 marks is not too much to loose - you can still get an A if you were pretty much happy with everything else. :biggrin: Good Luck. Hope you get the grades you want.
Oh and so sorry to hear about Kings. Just focus on the exams and don't let this get to you.
awais_123
, oh well

haha aww :frown: I did that paper too as a retake. The last question was very cheeky.. I got the formula for the surface area wrong as one bit of it was ∏d x h but I did ∏r^2 x h. Because of this, I ended up having to divide by 2 and times by r to get mine to look the same as the equation they had.. maybe they won't notice - if not i'll lose 1 or 2 marks for that bit. I would have gone back to it but was trying to proove a = 13 for the earlier question for the last half an hour :frown: I never ended up doing it but I did work out the gradient was -3/2, which I may have got 1 mark for but I forgot the gradient formula and didn't realise what to do in the end... So I lost a few marks - say 4-6. I'm sure you didnt do as bad as you think :smile:
Reply 4314
Urgh, please tell me i'm not the only one feeling pretty bogged down with revision at the minute! I've not really kept up with this thread, but it does seem like other people are in the same boat! I just feel kind of unmotivated right now...3 out of 4 uni's i'm waiting till at least march for a decision, and chances are they could well be 3 rejections, and i'm yet to hear a peep out of the other one....oh well. And i have a chem mock tomorrow that i'm going to epically fail. Oh well. Fingers crossed that it will all be worth it come September, i guess!
Reply 4315
jenifaar
Urgh, please tell me i'm not the only one feeling pretty bogged down with revision at the minute!

Believe me, you're not!
Im doing biology right now and all these human stuff reminds me of medicine even moooore..not helping !!!!
^ This is getting ridiculous lol !!

Actually, im going to shun medicine thousand miles away from me and bury in past papers and get good A's. Delete delete delete (doc who :P). See you TSR after some of my major exams unless i got news ! Good luck everyone.
Reply 4318
i have my final general studies module tomorrow. whoopdee.
on the upside, i finally managed to see slumdog millionaire :biggrin: good times!
lotusx
i have my final general studies module tomorrow. whoopdee.
on the upside, i finally managed to see slumdog millionaire :biggrin: good times!

that was a really good movie. but the part where the kid had to jump into the toilet...was vile.

Latest

Trending

Trending