2nd of february quarter to 4
    2 days before my birthday
    wow,i am sure you will do great
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by shriya)
    thank you but thinking on my feet
    Well, only as much as at any other interview! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenifaar)
    Well, only as much as at any other interview! Where else have you applied?
    barts,kings,durham and glasgow i had it in my sig,then someone neg repped me about it,so i got rid of it:p:

ReputationRep:
    barts,kings,durham and glasgow i had it in my sig,then someone neg repped me about it,so i got rid of it:p:
    Someone negged you for showing where you've applied? How odd...

ReputationRep:
    For my chemistry moc, I got 52/75 having made numerous stupid mistakes but I looked (for the June 2008 unit 4 Edexcel paper) and you only needed a raw mark of 55/75 for an A in the real thing! It wasn't even that hard a paper to be honest.. I just didn't realise stupid things like in pure water [H+] = [OH-] and that a test for a carboxylic is to see bubbles when Na2CO3 is added and more stupid mistakes

Oh well, it's good to know the grade boundary was low when I didn't find it too bad Really need an A in unit 4.. How's everyone else's revision coming along? I need to do more biology myself - been focusing on chemistry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielisew)
    For my chemistry moc, I got 52/75 having made numerous stupid mistakes but I looked (for the June 2008 unit 4 Edexcel paper) and you only needed a raw mark of 55/75 for an A in the real thing! It wasn't even that hard a paper to be honest.. I just didn't realise stupid things like in pure water [H+] = [OH-] and that a test for a carboxylic is to see bubbles when Na2CO3 is added and more stupid mistakes

Oh well, it's good to know the grade boundary was low when I didn't find it too bad Really need an A in unit 4.. How's everyone else's revision coming along? I need to do more biology myself - been focusing on chemistry too much.
    Well... firstly, the test for a carboxylic acid is stupid - because any acid would still cause bubbles to be given off - so I think the mark scheme is stupid :p:

Pure water just has an equilibrium between H3O+ and OH-.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielisew)

It's usually about 48/60 for an A for Unit 4 (nuffield) so I can't really afford to completely disregard the dozen silly one markers they decide to throw in for the fun of it. I'm hoping there's a lot of calculations questions though - easy marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    It's usually about 48/60 for an A for Unit 4 (nuffield) so I can't really afford to completely disregard the dozen silly one markers they decide to throw in for the fun of it. I'm hoping there's a lot of calculations questions though - easy marks.
    Did a past paper in school today, one of the 2008 ones, and my teacher said the A boundary was about 40! Hard paper.

Also, who's in your sig?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crosscurrents)
    Did a past paper in school today, one of the 2008 ones, and my teacher said the A boundary was about 40! Hard paper.

Also, who's in your sig?!
    Yeah, the January '08 one right? I don't know whether I'd like to get a tough paper with low grade boundaries or a good paper with high grade boundaries. I actually think I'd prefer the former since I tend to slip up more in good papers somehow.

Oh and it's Mat Gordon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Someone negged you for showing where you've applied? How odd...
    not for my choices,but kinda related,someone negged me saying "HAHA hairy little indians,******* medicine mad retards" lol that upset me and that person had loads of rep power,thanks to him/her i am on a distinguished road now

ReputationRep:
    not for my choices,but kinda related,someone negged me saying "HAHA hairy little indians,******* medicine mad retards" lol that upset me and that person had loads of rep power,thanks to him/her i am on a distinguished road now

Why would they say that?

What post was that in reply to?

ReputationRep:
    You should report that to a moderator. That user should not be allowed to get away with leaving such an offensive message.

EDIT - Post it in the 'Ask A Moderator' forum - it's private too.

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    you should report that!

When was this anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Well... firstly, the test for a carboxylic acid is stupid - because any acid would still cause bubbles to be given off - so I think the mark scheme is stupid :p:

Pure water just has an equilibrium between H3O+ and OH-.
    Well yeah but it's more common and makes more sense to use H+ instead of H3O+ and that's in the mark scheme.. It's just another chemistry flaw. The carboxylic thing is stupid - they didn't even allow the reaction with PCL5 where white fumes are given off, yet they allow 'bubbles' with a sodium carbonate..

There was another really stupid question (always are in chemistry). It asked for an equation to represent the ionisation of water. Apparently, the answer was:

H2O (l) </> H3O+ (aq) + OH- (aq)

I thought that was stupid as technically, that's the dissociation of water, not ionisation and the standard definition for ionisation clearly states that it must be in gaseous atoms, although obviously water is an exception - was just a stupid question overall.

One of the equilibrium questions asked you to say what pressure would be needed to double the value of the mole fraction for one of the reactants - it was a bit tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)
    Why would they say that?

What post was that in reply to?
    it was that thread "condoms too big for indians" and i said something like its been discussed before.....i mean i dont know how that was offensive:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    :eek:
    you should report that!

When was this anyways?
    sometime during christmas break..cant be bothered to report it,i dont want to look like a wimp and thanks for the rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    You should report that to a moderator. That user should not be allowed to get away with leaving such an offensive message.

EDIT - Post it in the 'Ask A Moderator' forum - it's private too.
    thats ok

ReputationRep:
    not for my choices,but kinda related,someone negged me saying "HAHA hairy little indians,******* medicine mad retards"

was it prince harry?

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatman09MedPlz)
    was it prince harry?

Ba dum tsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatman09MedPlz)
    was it prince harry?

:rofl: no and besides prince harry is not racist,lol i like him:o:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.