Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Ahh the synoptic! Hopefully that will be ok! I need about 207 UMS (yes I have been obsessively counting) to get an A this year, so hopefully I can get full marks on my coursework again, get a decent mark in either my synoptic or my january exam and still get an A. I was expecting this to be my B subject but after working out that I could get full marks in the coursework and only need 107ish marks on the rest of my english exams to get an A it might be the only subject I'm pretty much set for an A in.
    Chemistry is the worse though, I can't seem to get above really high Bs or really low As in the past papers. Argh!
    haha i didn't even bother trying to work it out because i knew i'd mess it up somehow! but a girl in my class got an A last year and she says she needs a C to get an A overall, so i'm going by that. i managed to lose my marks on the coursework last year, so maybe i can bump it up a bit this year.
    I know, chemistry is the one i'm worried about. I think i can pull off an A in biology (fingers crossed!!) but i really really need to get a move on with chem.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about chemistry is that you know the subject, you understand it, yet somehow, in my case anyway, that NEVER translates into the past paper questions and you always mess up somehow :confused:.
    Silly chemistry :mad:

ReputationRep:
    rarrgh all this talk of work is making me feel guilty because i have quite a bit to be getting on with, yet im here procrastinating.
    so. anyone doing anything tonight?

ReputationRep:
    you really dont want all your exams in june....
    i have 2 years worth exams in may.
    16 ******* exams.
    and i cant ******* find my chem nots. im so ******* screwed

ReputationRep:
    Oww I'm in pain

I can't concentrate at all because I have bloody abdominal pain. Oww, ow ow.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about chemistry is that you know the subject, you understand it, yet somehow, in my case anyway, that NEVER translates into the past paper questions and you always mess up somehow :confused:.
    Silly chemistry :mad:
    saaame but doing past p. helps. trust me.

btw, wats ur bmat score? Good luck with ucl.

ReputationRep:
    Oww I'm in pain

I can't concentrate at all because I have bloody abdominal pain. Oww, ow ow.
    drink water. Not too much of course. just 1 or 2 glasses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    you really dont want all your exams in june....
    i have 2 years worth exams in may.
    16 ******* exams.
    and i cant ******* find my chem nots. im so ******* screwed
    I've got about 8-10 exams in June, and I did my AS exams last year AND I have January exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I've got about 8-10 exams in June, and I did my AS exams last year AND I have January exams.
    i need to remember 2 years worth of everything....
    I also had exams in ib1. which dont really count except if you were to apply to uni with them in oct. which i did so i had to get something respectable anyway ... then now i have mocks in february... which will be very exam like and if our exams get lost... that's our grade....

but 19th may. it will all be over

but you guys get to spread it out. we dont. it's just yeah if you fail exams then you've failed for the last2 years.

ReputationRep:
    I also had exams in ib1. which dont really count except if you were to apply to uni with them in oct. which i did so i had to get something respectable anyway ... then now i have mocks in february... which will be very exam like and if our exams get lost... that's our grade....

but you guys get to spread it out. we dont. it's just yeah if you fail exams then you've failed for the last2 years.
    I think both ways are stressful. We have constant real exams, so needs constant study. We have synoptic papers too, so have to remembr from last year there.

However, if we do well on regular basis, there will be less pressure in June of second year yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentGirl)
    what did you get for your AS and wat were you predicted last time when you applied?
    Had AAAB at AS and an A at A2 at the time (maths)
    Was predicted AAAA/B for the remaining subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Had AAAB at AS and an A at A2 at the time (maths)
    Was predicted AAAA/B for the remaining subjects
    Bristol rejected you with those !!! Wat. I saw people with worse(worse isnt the nice way of saying it) GCSEs getting into bristol.

ReputationRep:
    I think both ways are stressful. We have constant real exams, so needs constant study. We have synoptic papers too, so have to remembr from last year there.

However, if we do well on regular basis, there will be less pressure in June of second year yes.
    yes. we need to study constantly anyway......
    so competitive at school >.<
    hm well if you have a bad month you are screwed ...

ReputationRep:
    Bristol rejected you with those !!! Wat. I saw people with worse(worse isnt the nice way of saying it) GCSEs getting into bristol.
    Lol I have no idea what Bristol wanted, and don't actually know anyone who has actually applied there :p:

ReputationRep:
    do u think activity on tsr increases over the exam period as ppl join and log in more to pracrastinate and find out info.

or do ppl stay off it more and focus on revision .. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger stripes)
    do u think activity on tsr increases over the exam period as ppl join and log in more to pracrastinate and find out info.

or do ppl stay off it more and focus on revision .. ?
    Good Q !

Im seeing more new members recently. So, it cud be due to UCAS and wave of offers and interviews.

ReputationRep:

Ouch! But yeah, I'd rather have it this way, just wanted to point out it's not actually that many exams seeing as I have about half that number for about half a years of study! Suppose there's less content though...

Envy you on being finished by 19th May, that would mean I have my birthday totally revision and exam free!

Good luck in May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-x-Princess Siobhan-x-x)
    can i just ask you with Barts have they specified what subjects you need your A's in? xxx
    nope, i do four (bio, chem, maths and history) and they just want 3 A's in any 3 out of the four

ReputationRep:
    Smiling face :toofunny:

Why cudnt it be smiley face? hehe

Btw your username reminds me of some one. :rolleyes: Its nice how your username came true. Now you are smiling away with TWO offers. WOW. Lets see if i get even 2 interviews .
    smiley face makes me sound like a bit of an airhead i think. then again maybe smiling away does too. i hope the person i remind u of is nice ! and hopefully soon u'll b smiling away as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *...smiling away....*)
    smiley face makes me sound like a bit of an airhead i think. then again maybe smiling away does too. i hope the person i remind u of is nice ! and hopefully soon u'll b smiling away as well
    Its all good! Smilling away is just fine.

PS : Do any of you have a mark scheme for Edexcel C4 June 08 paper. I have the Q paper but the mark scheme.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.