Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    also

f) moans about other people moaning because he/she can't be bothered to do something useful so moans instead.
    That's okay. I'm in the smart person category
    Turncoat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    Not having a wonderful exam experience is in no way comparable to being diagnosed with a serious illness, no matter what Mena and others stream of consciousness rants might have you believe
    yeah i think the two comparisons should never be made as they are in a league of their own.

ReputationRep:
    No. Bad advice
    Smart person is smart therefore
    a) will pass exams
    b) Knows he will pass exams
    Stupid person is stupid therefore
    ai) Will not pass exams
    bi) Will do nothing to get into top category; will instead moan on internet forum
    i'm sorry, are you trying to say that you've never ever felt that you've not done as well as you wanted in an exam? that you've come out of every exam thinking 'oh that was fantastic!' ?
    apologies that not all of us are that super-human. !MEna's allowed to worry if he wants to, and reassuring him isn't something that's bad.
    i'd like to add to your definition: Smart person can also become incredibly arrogant, rely on 'I'm smart so I'll pass exams' and fail.

@Jessaay! don't worry about it. everyone gets mental blocks. besides, it's subjective you never know, the examiner might love your essay! what were the q's on?

ReputationRep:
    That's okay. I'm in the smart person category
    Turncoat
    can i have a turn coat?

ReputationRep:
    So guys, i heard there was a new president being put into power today.

was it Al Gore?
    :rofl:
    where have you been the past 8 years... under a rock??? :p:

byebye bush

ReputationRep:
    So guys, i heard there was a new president being put into power today.

was it Al Gore?
    nahh.
    brad pitt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    That's very different to proving someone wrong by not cracking under the pressure of A-Level exams. I want to ace these exams for my own benefit, motivation and security rather than to prove a point to you.

Well, of course, you would say that.

Okay, we clearly have different views.

You think med school will be in some way easier than A levels. Does that answer the question below this? I think it does

Okay, so now I'm stupid now? This conversation is over.
    woah! Don't go standing up for yourself too much, people might start to think you aren't completely spineless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    :rofl:
    where have you been the past 8 years... under a rock??? :p:

byebye bush
    NO! I've been living in a pineapple under the sea!

i've heard a lot about this bush fellow. Quite retarded they say. From his speech on how 'fish and humans can co-exist in peace' i do agree.

Hopefully Al Gore can put sense back into America! He's like arnie, made some films. Quite good ones, alot of CGI in them! Some say its fiction others fact.

AL-GORE ROCKS

ReputationRep:
    woah! Don't go standing up for yourself too much, people might start to think you aren't completely spineless
    that's completely uncalled for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    nahh.
    brad pitt.
    this be lies.

ReputationRep:
    that's completely uncalled for.
    welcome to the internet! People do whatever they please! After all its a free...internet?

ReputationRep:
    this be lies.
    don't squash my dreams, boy.
    gawh. i suppose i'll settle for obama.

ReputationRep:
    Not having a wonderful exam experience is in no way comparable to being diagnosed with a serious illness, no matter what Mena and others stream of consciousness rants might have you believe
    I do not moan out of a sense of false modesty, I moan because I feel I have done badly. I moan to release stress.

And no it is NOT in any way comparable to that, and I didn't claim it was, however you haven't portrayed yourself as a particularly sensitive person in either way, most people can be sensitive in both the minor and the major categories.

Get off your high horse and just step into the real world where people feel they need to moan to let off some steam, and should be respected for that.

ReputationRep:
    nahh.
    brad pitt.
    i wish. then i could just turn on the news and see his gorgeous face.
    *drool*

NO! I've been living in a pineapple under the sea!

i've heard a lot about this bush fellow. Quite retarded they say. From his speech on how 'fish and humans can co-exist in peace' i do agree.

Hopefully Al Gore can put sense back into America! He's like arnie, made some films. Quite good ones, alot of CGI in them! Some say its fiction others fact.

AL-GORE ROCKS
    ooh pineapples. i love pinapples!!

i havent seen his movie. should i ?

ReputationRep:
    don't squash my dreams, boy.
    gawh. i suppose i'll settle for obama.
    sorry ma'm

ReputationRep:
    i wish. then i could just turn on the news and see his gorgeous face.
    *drool*

ooh pineapples. i love pinapples!!

i havent seen his movie. should i ?
    depends. Do you have popcorn?

ReputationRep:
    depends. Do you have popcorn?
    i dont like popcorn to movies...
    i feel stuffed afterwards.
    but ill have chips! :] or crips i think that's what you call them over there... isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    sorry ma'm
    you'd better be

@hyeree: my point exactly. how good does that man look in a suit!?

ReputationRep:
    i dont like popcorn to movies...
    i feel stuffed afterwards.
    but ill have chips! :] or crips i think that's what you call them over there... isnt it?
    you don't like popcorn?! ohmygod.
    crisps, yeah. my whole indian family calls them potato chips though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I do not moan out of a sense of false modesty, I moan because I feel I have done badly. I moan to release stress.

And no it is NOT in any way comparable to that, and I didn't claim it was, however you haven't portrayed yourself as a particularly sensitive person in either way, most people can be sensitive in both the minor and the major categories.

Get off your high horse and just step into the real world where people feel they need to moan to let off some steam, and should be respected for that.
    People should be respected because they feel the need to moan?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.