Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just a request for anyone using the PS help bit of the site: PLEASE post any redrafts in your original thread, posting a new thread will not get it seen any sooner! (we apologise for the length of time some of you are waiting but there are too many of you and too few of us!)

ReputationRep:
    thanx for the replies holsy and !mena

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartvet)
    I will stress on my own then. :woo:
    I'll probably join you tomorrow. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sending mine off tomorrow :p:

Possibly :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how much we have to pay to send our UCAS form off? The website says £17 but the letter I had from my school says £15. The school might have just not changed the amount from last year though so this could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was £17.

ReputationRep:
    £17 here also, I'm paying in a few mins :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Anyone know how much we have to pay to send our UCAS form off? The website says £17 but the letter I had from my school says £15. The school might have just not changed the amount from last year though so this could be wrong.
    Yeah, it's £17. Gone up from last year, so they've probably just not changed it!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! I'm considering sending it off but I'm still not happy with the phrasing of a couple of things on my personal statement. Hmmmm.

(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Ooooh, good luck!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    ah, good luck! it'll be good to know it's finally done!

(Original post by x.beth.x)
    Thanks everyone! I'm considering sending it off but I'm still not happy with the phrasing of a couple of things on my personal statement. Hmmmm.
    I was like that, but I figured I'd never get it perfect. Obviously, you'll want to get it as close to that as possible, but I felt like I was changing things for the sake of it near the end! Good luck when you do send it, though

ReputationRep:
    I'll hopefully be sending mine off tomorrow or thursday. Will be relieved when it's gone!

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know where to apply for 4th choice :'(
    Which unis put more emphasis on GCSEs and not AS levels? I'm predited AAA but got BBBB.

I prefer a city and intergraded so:
    1. Nottingham
    2. Kings (only because I know I will be rejected and put on their emdp course because I go to a ****** school)
    3. Leicester
    4. ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolish)
    Which unis put more emphasis on GCSEs and not AS levels? I'm predited AAA but got BBBB.

1. Nottingham
    2. Kings (only because I know I will be rejected and put on their emdp course because I go to a ****** school)
    3. Leicester
    4. ????
    Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Manchester?
    nooooo they PBL :'( and they rank ukcat... I only got 632.5... risky

ReputationRep:
    I've been searching for unis that put little emphasis on GCSEs as I have only five ( due to college not lettin students take more than five.) Most unis want min 6 GCSEs. I've called up a few unis and they said they'll consider students who have less than the required no. of GCSEs if there's a good reason. So is college not letting students take more a good enough reason?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolish)

1. Nottingham
    3. Leicester
    4. ????
    edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone sending theirs off!
    My college still hasn't finished with it, but it must go by Friday 4th according to college policy. I bet it'll go then, on the last day it can :mad:

ReputationRep:
    why is everyone sending theirs off so early????? :O
    my reference has yet to be written
    -_-;;

ReputationRep:
    I felt very anxious that my application should be sent off and now I feel empty because I am waiting and I know that it could be a long time before anything happens. I keep looking at track even though I know nothing is going to update!

ReputationRep:
    My Application Has Been Sent to UCAS! YAY YAY

Went to School and Sent My Application away with my Head of 6th Form and UCAS Officer!

Its Now gone to UCAS - 01/10/2008

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.