Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    lol. planning to get it after med school.
    cant afford it when im in uni so why bother?
    and it costs ********* here >.<
    yeah, i don't get a car. but i got lessons for my 17th.
    i dont know how much i'm actually learning, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Just realised this - this thread is HUGE!

Over 5000 posts - damn, we talk alot! :p:
    It's a behemoth. I doubt it will ever end, even when half of us are consultants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Yeah, I am actually looking forward to it quite a bit, but I know it's just going to be a HUGE amount of work and that's what worries me. And thanks, I think I may well be needing it!
    OMG, someone else doing Salters Chem??

I just finished my Individual Investigation. Cos I'm a liability with glassware and fire, I did hydrogen peroxide

Glad you're going into this knowing it'll be masses of work, but don't worry, it only takes over your life properly for about three weeks all in You get the rest of the time to pretend it doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    It's a behemoth. I doubt it will ever end, even when half of us are consultants
    I won't leave this thread until I'm forced to! :mad:

I procrastinate with it now though and that's just for revision. Imagine working in a hospital, a patient goes into cardiac arrest and you're like "HOLD ON, I'M ON TSR :eyeball:"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    you can say that again.
    hmmm. i'm going to go off on a tangent and talk about something random:
    how many of us drive? i just had a driving lesson tonight and HAHA...i'm rubbish at roundabouts
    Haha, I'm on my sixth driving lesson. Instructor think's it's hilarious to have me drive at rush hour just outside London (where I live) - it's ******* MENTAL on the roads then - me in a learner car does not make that any better.

And I almost got caught speeding :o:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Skins tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Anyone watching Skins tonight?
    I haven't even finished the first series yet. Got it downloaded onto my ipod though. So I might watch it on the bus.

ReputationRep:
    after slumdog millionaire, im in love with dev patel. seriously.

ReputationRep:
    you can say that again.
    hmmm. i'm going to go off on a tangent and talk about something random:
    how many of us drive? i just had a driving lesson tonight and HAHA...i'm rubbish at roundabouts
    Started learning for about a month or two, found out my instructor was a weirdo, gave up just before college started again this academic year. I'm planning on doing one of those intensive things in the summer.

And roundabouts scare me :o: I'll be sat there for ages before I pull out, I only like roundabouts when there's no-one else on them! In fact, all of driving scares me, I'm so petrified that I'm going to crash and hurt someone - I like to plod along at about 20mph in a 30mph zone! The only part I like is the manoeuvres is because they're nice and slow and controlled

ReputationRep:
    And roundabouts scare me :o: I'll be sat there for ages before I pull out, I only like roundabouts when there's no-one else on them! In fact, all of driving scares me, I'm so petrified that I'm going to crash and hurt someone - I like to plod along at about 20mph in a 30mph zone! The only part I like is the manoeuvres is because they're nice and slow and controlled
    finally, someone else! my instructor's ALWAYS telling me to drive faster, drive faster! and i'm there going: "THERE'S SPEED CAMERAS AND IT'S A 30 MILE ZONE AND I'M DOING 24!"
    i get confused with the clutch at roundabouts; i'll have it down and then i'm all lost: lift it up? keep it down? brake? WHAT?!
    i like straight roads and i haven't done too many manoeuvres. I spent a while last week on corner reverses: good times.

ReputationRep:
    Scaryhair, I get confused when they say to take the first exit on the left, but its on the right not the left. I hate roundabouts. I still do not have a British license as a result.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off now guys, gonna see if I can cram some more revision in my head (it's not working much ATM though ) and then it's sleepy time :o:. Night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartvet)
    Scaryhair, I get confused when they say to take the first exit on the left, but its on the right not the left. I hate roundabouts. I still do not have a British license as a result.
    Yeah, that confuses me too. I wish they'd just say 1st exit or something.

ReputationRep:
    I meant they say right but its on the left or something. I still don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    finally, someone else! my instructor's ALWAYS telling me to drive faster, drive faster! and i'm there going: "THERE'S SPEED CAMERAS AND IT'S A 30 MILE ZONE AND I'M DOING 24!"
    i get confused with the clutch at roundabouts; i'll have it down and then i'm all lost: lift it up? keep it down? brake? WHAT?!
    i like straight roads and i haven't done too many manoeuvres. I spent a while last week on corner reverses: good times.
    Haha, I used to get that all the time. Worst time was when we went on a huge A road near me, whilst going up the slip road:
    Instructor: "Okay, right the speed limit is 70, you really need to get your foot on the accelerator"
    Me: "Okay, okay" *hesitantly pushes gently on the gas*
    Instructor: "You REALLY need to get up to speed, or we're going to be in trouble."
    Me: "I'm trying!"
    Instructor: "FASTER, GODDAMIT"
    Me: "ARRRRRGGGGH, oh my, oh my, it's 70, it's too fast, oh my" *continues to hyperventilate for the rest of the journey*

ReputationRep:
    after slumdog millionaire, im in love with dev patel. seriously.
    I met him
    and have a pic with him xD
    Im sad oh yes

ReputationRep:
    Nicole!! What's this about dev patel??

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I used to get that all the time. Worst time was when we went on a huge A road near me, whilst going up the slip road:
    Instructor: "Okay, right the speed limit is 70, you really need to get your foot on the accelerator"
    Instructor: "You REALLY need to get up to speed, or we're going to be in trouble."
    Me: "ARRRRRGGGGH, oh my, oh my, it's 70, it's too fast, oh my" *continues to hyperventilate for the rest of the journey*
    and that is what happens with me pretty much every thursday. oh dear.
    @Nicolish: totally 100% jealous. I LOVE THAT BOY. in a non-creepy/disturbing way

ReputationRep:
    lol that sounded like me when i first started learning :p:

Driving lessons are dead boring after a while....

ReputationRep:
    hahaha i know what im going to do in my gap year. if im ever forced to take a gap year.

go study psychology in stockholm or uppsala!!
    haha feels great having that sorted out. :]
    except i think i might have to take some sort of test or another . . . hmmmm >.<

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.