Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's right i.star.

ReputationRep:
    Your AS level was certificated prior to sitting A levels

When entering your pending A level, you can enter the three units achieved at AS level with the grades if you wish. Then, enter the three additional units for your A level as pending.

Or

When entering your pending A level you can enter just the three pending units that you are taking.

If you are resitting one or some of the AS units that will count towards achieving your A level, you can also enter these units as pending.

I pasted the above paragraph from ucas.

so that means I don't have to make seperate entry for AS level subjects that am taking on to A2:confused:

am very late with my application and am starting to panic. I have got to hand finish by monday at the very latest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting slightly annoyed with my school now. The school's deadline was on Monday and my tutor wrote my reference like two weeks ago already. There's like a 10% chance it will get sent off this afternoon but I doubt me or any of the other medics will take priority above the Oxbridge applicants at my school. Now with the weekend coming up, I doubt it will get sent off any time before the 6th now.

Ah well, I've got loads to do this weekend. Obtaining, Analysis and Evaluation for Biology (coursework) to hand in on Monday *sigh* :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    im having the exact same problem mena. I mean my application was ready to be sent off on septemeber the first but my head is so bloody slow i could die waiting for her. I have a feeling she wont send it off til the 15th or something and i doesnt help that my tutor and i have started an argument with her about her timekeeping. She also has to write a letter to my local uni to explain to them why i deserve special consideration (similar to the manchester access thing) but she is refusing to do that aswell until she has spoken to the medical school but she is too lazy to ring them. i showed her the email the med school sent me confirming it is ok for me to apply and that i meet all of their conditions but she thinks i have faked it which is ridiculous. she has her own preconceived views on me and thinks i am not eligible for the access scheme despite the outreach man and med admissions saying it is ok. i think she is lettign her personal feelings get in the way as she was rejected from med 12x. she has been telling me not to apply since march as im applying to the foundation courses and she thinks i have a very slim chance. she doesnt realise how much i want this and how much effort ive put in to my app (2 years now) and she thinks i havent got the right amount of ECs. she seems to think everyone applying will get at least 2 interviews apart from me but my tutor reckons ill be the only one in with a chance.

rant over

ReputationRep:
    btw what do you guys think is the chance of the following person for 2009:
    applying to cardiff, southampton, bristol, bsms
    a2 predicted: aaa
    as: aaab
    gcses: 6A* 5A
    w/e: 1 week at hepatology and 3 days gp
    1 yr with st johns ambulance
    part time job at tescos for 1 yr
    and flute grade 6

this person doesnt even want to apply to bristol but just put them down anyway. the person is someone at my school who has been pushed in to medicine and everyone in the school thinks she will get in although she has no real passion for the subject so im just wondering what your opinions are.

ReputationRep:
    will probs flop it at da interview if she really doesn't want to do it.

ReputationRep:
    what have people put for "activities in preparation for higher education"? what is that section all about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    what have people put for "activities in preparation for higher education"? what is that section all about?

Master Class at UCL

Forensic Challenge at Kingston University

ReputationRep:
    what? i dont get it...
    where do we have to write that???????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    what? i dont get it...
    where do we have to write that???????????????????
    in the additional information section...but i have no idea what kind of stuff they expect you to put on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    in the additional information section...but i have no idea what kind of stuff they expect you to put on...
    what additional information section?!?!
    huh?
    i dont have that on my ucas.................
    wtf.

EDIT: okay nvm..
    according to ucas.. it's only for UK nationals..

ReputationRep:
    :'( there's only 2 spaces
    I've done quite a few things. You put things like summer schools and them one day med courses.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't put anything on the A.I. section. I did go on Eton Summer School but I mentioned that on PS. Anyway, I've heard that this section isn't even sent to to universities, it's just used in some kind of database.

On another note - I'm printing off my final copy of my application now. I'm submitting it tomorrow at break! :woo:

EDIT: I finally sent it to my referee! I'm scared now. I hate waiting lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    I didn't put anything on the A.I. section. I did go on Eton Summer School but I mentioned that on PS. Anyway, I've heard that this section isn't even sent to to universities, it's just used in some kind of database.

On another note - I'm printing off my final copy of my application now. I'm submitting it tomorrow at break! :woo:

EDIT: I finally sent it to my referee! I'm scared now. I hate waiting lol.
    Hehe good luck with your application Beth!

In other news, after three cups of coffee, I have finally finished the BYB5/c coursework component. I am absolutely shattered right now. I'm hoping I've covered enough detail to get at least 31/38 for the A in the coursework. Anything above that will be a bonus! Here's to hoping 'eh? I can't believe we have to hand it in so early - it's beyond ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application to my referee last night, so it should be sent off today.

The waiting to hear is going to be the worst bit I think!

ReputationRep:
    I think they should let all applicants have an additional information section. it would've saved a lot of room on the ps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach L)
    I sent my application to my referee last night, so it should be sent off today.

The waiting to hear is going to be the worst bit I think!
    Haha or not, my referee has returned it to me because I've not put the UKCAT score on it. He didn't listen when I explained it wasn't meant to be on there :woo:

ARGH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach L)
    Haha or not, my referee has returned it to me because I've not put the UKCAT score on it. He didn't listen when I explained it wasn't meant to be on there :woo:

ARGH!

If your applying to BMAT universities then they will see your score!!!

WTF, your not even meant to put it on there!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magichearts)
    I think they should let all applicants have an additional information section. it would've saved a lot of room on the ps.

What kind of aditional information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Hehe good luck with your application Beth!

In other news, after three cups of coffee, I have finally finished the BYB5/c coursework component. I am absolutely shattered right now. I'm hoping I've covered enough detail to get at least 31/38 for the A in the coursework. Anything above that will be a bonus! Here's to hoping 'eh? I can't believe we have to hand it in so early - it's beyond ridiculous.
    well done! what was it on?
    and as if you have to hand it in now! i have till the end of this week to have it finished, which is a relief, seeing i have to write pages and pages about the
    different stages of photosynthesis
    Less than a month to the BMAT. i think it's fair to say that i'm a LITTLE stressed right about now!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.