Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ^nope not asking much!!

same with me! just one offer! please!! (preferably bristol).

seems you like london! all the uni you have applied to are in london! go you !

i love london too! it's ashame UCL rejectede me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namnao555)
    ^nope not asking much!!

same with me! just one offer! please!! (preferably bristol).

seems you like london! all the uni you have applied to are in london! go you !

i love london too! it's ashame UCL rejectede me
    don't woory too much about UCL, they're interviewing process seems quite tough!

london (imo) would be ideal - think of the cosmopolitan population; as a junior doctor, you encounter so much! It was no choice really between London and the rest! (No offeence to anyone who wanted to move outside London)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatman09MedPlz)
    coz its nottingham
    and leeds is leeds
    For exactly those reasons I'd choose Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    don't woory too much about UCL, they're interviewing process seems quite tough!

london (imo) would be ideal - think of the cosmopolitan population; as a junior doctor, you encounter so much! It was no choice really between London and the rest! (No offeence to anyone who wanted to move outside London)
    I wish LESS people thought like us, then UCL would only have a few hundred applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Haha, it's only cos I was the smallest there :o: Yeah, he's the ******** who is my ex, he who shall not be named as he has been rechristened ********
    Anyway, I was once asked for my autograph, lady thought I was the girl who plays Hermione :rolleyes:
    :laughing: I have the same hair as you! Like curly at the bottom, sometimes even cork screws... sorry random comment, but I never see anyone else with my hair!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)
    I wish LESS people thought like us, then UCL would only have a few hundred applicants.
    wouldn't we all!!
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanilla camel)
    :laughing: I have the same hair as you! Like curly at the bottom, sometimes even cork screws... sorry random comment, but I never see anyone else with my hair!!
    Haha, nor have I! Mine tends to get ringlets if it's a bit shorter - the length tends to pull my curls out a little :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Haha, nor have I! Mine tends to get ringlets if it's a bit shorter - the length tends to pull my curls out a little :p:
    haha yeah me too! Hahaha Yay I've found my hair double at long last!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanilla camel)
    haha yeah me too! Hahaha Yay I've found my hair double at long last!
    *high five*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    I hate you girls and your long hair...

I miss my golden locks.
    Oi! hate is a very strong word! Where's the love eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia.x)
    hey,

was wondering if anyone could help me with Leeds and Nottingham and a comparison of their courses as to which is better.
    thanks
    I'd pick Nottingham, though I would be biased as I don't know anything about Leeds. I do love the Nottingham campus and stuff

ReputationRep:
    hey,

was wondering if anyone could help me with Leeds and Nottingham and a comparison of their courses as to which is better.
    thanks
    You should pick Nottingham and withdraw from Leeds :p:

ReputationRep:
    nottinghams a wicked uni, a wicked campus with a great rep
    leeds is a ********, i am a man utd fan so hate leeds, lol
    but seriously, nottingham is much better regarded than leeds as a medical school

ReputationRep:
    nottinghams a wicked uni, a wicked campus with a great rep
    leeds is a ********, i am a man utd fan so hate leeds, lol
    but seriously, nottingham is much better regarded than leeds as a medical school
    Evidence?

Thought not. Please try to refrain from talking garbge.

ReputationRep:
    hey,

thanks
    As a devoted Leeds person, I'd be biased and say Leeds is better - although I visited Nottingham too and that was nice. Both courses are lecture-based, and I'd say if you're going for prestigious then Nottingham's better, but probably harder to get into! (not that getting into medicine is easy anywhere). I think I'm right in saying both medical schools have a very good reputation.

But Leeds is such a nice place It has an amazing Topshop...XD And the halls of residence are nicer at Leeds too. Stayed in Nottingham Halls on Medlink and...not so nice, although they are catered...

My suggestion is: apply for both and if you manage (somehow) to get into both, then you worry about the decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Evidence?

Thought not. Please try to refrain from talking garbge.
    league tables, i know they dont mean much, but if going on reputation theyre the only way of telling. but also just looking at competitiveness, nottingham gets a hel of alot of applicants. look at it this way, people oftem compare notts to kings and ask which ones better, and some people believe notts is better than kings. and lets face it, kings is better than leeds. im just goin based on general opinion really, if we started a thread, or a poll, im sure more people would say notts
    but of course that doesnt mean you should pick notts over leeds because it doesnt matter wherever you go, amelia you should go to the place you feel is best suited to you, look at the prospectuses, think abou how far you will be from home and stuff like that, and then decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniaturexhero)
    As a devoted Leeds person, I'd be biased and say Leeds is better - although I visited Nottingham too and that was nice. Both courses are lecture-based, and I'd say if you're going for prestigious then Nottingham's better, but probably harder to get into! (not that getting into medicine is easy anywhere). I think I'm right in saying both medical schools have a very good reputation.

But Leeds is such a nice place It has an amazing Topshop...XD And the halls of residence are nicer at Leeds too. Stayed in Nottingham Halls on Medlink and...not so nice, although they are catered...

My suggestion is: apply for both and if you manage (somehow) to get into both, then you worry about the decision!
    see, someone from leeds making the point that notts is more prestigious, its a well known fact
    it doesnt mean leeds is not a good medical school, in fact it might be better
    look at it this way, st.georges and barts, barts has got a better reputation but st.georges in terms of teaching and resources is considered by many a better medical school

ReputationRep:
    league tables, i know they dont mean much, but if going on reputation theyre the only way of telling. but also just looking at competitiveness, nottingham gets a hel of alot of applicants. look at it this way, people oftem compare notts to kings and ask which ones better, and some people believe notts is better than kings. and lets face it, kings is better than leeds. im just goin based on general opinion really, if we started a thread, or a poll, im sure more people would say notts
    but of course that doesnt mean you should pick notts over leeds because it doesnt matter wherever you go, amelia you should go to the place you feel is best suited to you, look at the prospectuses, think abou how far you will be from home and stuff like that, and then decide
    I advised against talking garbage...

Leeds is probably in the top five for competetiveness. Just look at the Leeds applicants thread; 3100 applications for a mere 250 places. That competitivity ratio out does most other medical schools, including Nottingham!

More people on here would say Nottingham, yes. But I think a national applicant poll would favour Leeds. The nature of the majority of TSR/NMM applicants is to apply to medical schools with the good ol' redbrick prestige factor! As a medical school, this means nothing...

Explain to me why Kings is a better medical school. Is it because it's in London? It is because Kings is part of KCL? If so, these aren't great reasons. Just because you read on here or your parents/school tell you that Kings/Nottingham is better doesn't mean it's actually the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder whether UCL have started handing out interviews to <19ers yet...
    or people who didn't get the 5 5 9 boundary. rarrgh.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder whether UCL have started handing out interviews to <19ers yet...
    Yeah, they have. Jessay has one for a starters.

Someone at my school who didn't get 5, 5, 9 also received notification of their UCL interview a few days ago for mid February, so yeah, they are underway.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.