The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5680
Silent Girl - i am really sorry to hear your bad news. Look on the brightside - you've still got two choices left and i'm sure that in due course you will get what you deserve. Where there's a will there's a way. Plenty of people have interviews late in the cycle (march/april) and end up getting offers and then for SGUL to put you on reserve means that you're not out of the running. Just keep your head up high and if you do get 4 rejections it is not the end of the world. Have an amazing action packed gap year and come back fresh. Im sure things will start to look up for you soon. Move on and forget soton and UCL. If it's any consellation I know lots of medics who had to take gap years and didn't regret their decision one bit.
Reply 5681
SilentGirl
UCL rejection

sweetie =[[
:jumphug:

dont give up. you are going to show them that you can do it.
get AWESOME on your a levels and show them what they missed out on!!
and you've still got bristol.
:jumphug:
Reply 5682
SilentGirl
Yeah !! Im truly grateful to God for that.. Im not ready for another rejection... nt certainly bristol.

i'm sorry about ucl :s-smilie: but like everyone else has said, there's still SGUL and bristol! :smile:
Reply 5683
lotusx
i'm sorry about ucl :s-smilie: but like everyone else has said, there's still SGUL and bristol! :smile:

Its hard to think like that after such a disappointment.
sd91
Silent Girl - i am really sorry to hear your bad news. Look on the brightside - you've still got two choices left and i'm sure that in due course you will get what you deserve. Where there's a will there's a way. Plenty of people have interviews late in the cycle (march/april) and end up getting offers and then for SGUL to put you on reserve means that you're not out of the running. Just keep your head up high and if you do get 4 rejections it is not the end of the world. Have an amazing action packed gap year and come back fresh. Im sure things will start to look up for you soon. Move on and forget soton and UCL. If it's any consellation I know lots of medics who had to take gap years and didn't regret their decision one bit.

Thanks! I suppose. Its the hope from the waiting list is keeping me stable i guess. If only sgul would reply a bit earlier than MAY. I could have started planning it all out.
Reply 5685
DrVas

i suppose so, especially if you've got your heart set on it. but it doesn't mean all hope is gone, and i really hope she gets an offer from at least one.
DrVas

Im happy to see that you are still in the game with soton and ucl and Bristol. :smile:
lotusx
i suppose so, especially if you've got your heart set on it. but it doesn't mean all hope is gone, and i really hope she gets an offer from at least one.

I cant see your sig. I remmebr you having an interview? :s-smilie:
Reply 5688
SilentGirl
I cant see your sig. I remmebr you having an interview? :s-smilie:

nope, not me. i wish i did, though...i didn't meet the 5 5 9, so who knows :s-smilie: & i haven't got my uni stuff in my sig, aha.
sidewalkwhenshewalks
Oh good. In that case I'm not gay.
And yes it's a compliment :smile:

Somehow I didn't think so ! Then thanks again (3 days late: irritating exams..)
*...smiling away....*
wt? wt? wt letter? i never got a letter? :eek: :eek: :lolwut: :eek3:
but i know what you mean especially cos they're not even rejecting many people after interview they're being put on waiting lists so i really feel like the bottom of the barrel for them!

Was just an acknowledgement I think , but yeah I feel the same :frown: ... oh well, as I try to keep saying -but with increasing difficulty: no news is good news, right? :smile:
Started our individual investigations today in Chemistry. It's so exciting! Ah, vitamin C how I love you...
@ silentgirl

I am so sorry to hear that about UCL! I have got rejected from there too! I was really hopeful about UCL too! And then I got rejected....I was really disappointed and kinda sad about it. But oh well, I still have a place for Biomedical Science at Imperial, and I still have Bristol and Leeds left!!! I really hope bristol will be kind!!! I really want Bristol!!!!

Oh ! I've also started my Chemistry coursework too! We have to plan a logical way to test each organic compound. There's about 8 of them.
scaryhair
Started our individual investigations today in Chemistry. It's so exciting! Ah, vitamin C how I love you...
We've started our Chemistry coursework over here too. I've got a whole day on February 10th to carry out the assessed practical and trials using magnesium and acid, though I'm still undecided about which variables to investigate. I think we'll have to hand it in after half-term so there's a bit of time - more than there was for Biology! We were only given one night to do our plan from scratch!

I really can't wait till all the coursework is finished once and for all. I'd rather sit exams tbh! :p:
scaryhair
Ah, vitamin C how I love you...

Argh!! I did a 4000 word investigation on ascorbic acid levels in different types of raspberry... the mere thought of it does my head in!
Reply 5695
I STILL haven't finished my geography and biology coursework despite starting them in june/july last year. I've forgotten everything now - it's such a headache.
Myoclonic Jerk
Argh!! I did a 4000 word investigation on ascorbic acid levels in different types of raspberry... the mere thought of it does my head in!

Mmmm, raspberries...

I have a slightly unhealthy (maybe healthy come to think of it) obsession with raspberries. :coma:
Reply 5697
seems though edin has started to reject people . . . .
my friend got a rejection today =[
Hatman09MedPlz
barts has got a better reputation but st.georges in terms of teaching and resources is considered by many a better medical school

:eyeball:
Reply 5699
i have my chemistry coursework thing next friday. have to write a plan for something organic. OOH fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending