Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like all your chemistry things are just a one-off day thing - ours is going on for over a month! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hmm I've been thinking about this for the last few days now, and have decided to withdraw from Keele. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? I feel like I should phone them up and tell them something and that I won't be attending the interview that I've already confirmed on going to...lol

Before anyone yells at me for thinking about withdrawing, my reasons are that I would definitely choose Barts over Keele and that it would cost quite a bit to get there so it feels like I would be wasting their time either way when some other person could have the interview.

What are the chances of Keele admissions people being in on a Saturday? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    hmm I've been thinking about this for the last few days now, and have decided to withdraw from Keele. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? I feel like I should phone them up and tell them something and that I won't be attending the interview that I've already confirmed on going to...lol

Before anyone yells at me for thinking about withdrawing, my reasons are that I would definitely choose Barts over Keele and that it would cost quite a bit to get there so it feels like I would be wasting their time either way when some other person could have the interview.

I think that's a really mature decision, I can't imagine anyone would moan at you for doing that. :yy:

As for withdrawing, would you be able to do it directly on Track? Even if you can, I suppose a courtesy email letting them know why would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from soton (without interview) a couple of weeks ago

unconditional coz im on a gap year

so pleazed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I think that's a really mature decision, I can't imagine anyone would moan at you for doing that. :yy:

As for withdrawing, would you be able to do it directly on Track? Even if you can, I suppose a courtesy email letting them know why would be nice.

haha yeah I've found out how to do it on track, but I feel that since they were nice enough to give me an interview, I would at least try to call them first before clicking the withdraw button If I don't get through, I'll probably send an email and then click withdraw

ReputationRep:

haha yeah I've found out how to do it on track, but I feel that since they were nice enough to give me an interview, I would at least try to call them first before clicking the withdraw button If I don't get through, I'll probably send an email and then click withdraw
    hehe
    i wish i could be in your position . . . to be able to withdraw a place =S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    hehe
    i wish i could be in your position . . . to be able to withdraw a place =S
    haha I would have said the same last year

I feel bad though for now saying no lol, I told them on Monday I was gonna go to this interview and since I got my Barts offer on Wednesday I figured I shouldn't go and someone who would actually want to go there has a chance to get in

I also get to go to the Bart's open day instead :p:

You're in a good position now though Getting interviews and stuff

ReputationRep:

I think that would be pretty decent, to give them a ring. I wouldn't imagine they'd work Saturdays, but it wouldn't take very long to find out tomorrow.

Congrats again, and I'm really glad it's worked out for you since you had to take a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    haha I would have said the same last year

I feel bad though for now saying no lol, I told them on Monday I was gonna go to this interview and since I got my Barts offer on Wednesday I figured I shouldn't go and someone who would actually want to go there has a chance to get in

I also get to go to the Bart's open day instead :p:

You're in a good position now though Getting interviews and stuff
    :p: nah dont feel bad. they have plenty others to choose from
    i think some other applicant is really grateful that you are doing this. it might mean a place for them instead! :]]

but you've already seen the place, been interviewed etc. lol.

hehe well i hope i get offers... >.<
    or another interview at ucl. i know, im greedy :p:
    but i just want to know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Started our individual investigations today in Chemistry. It's so exciting! Ah, vitamin C how I love you...
    lol i did the vit c content in different sources...700mg in a 500mg tablet according to my amusing attempts at practicals

ReputationRep:
    I think that would be pretty decent, to give them a ring. I wouldn't imagine they'd work Saturdays, but it wouldn't take very long to find out tomorrow.

Congrats again, and I'm really glad it's worked out for you since you had to take a gap year.
    Indeed I now just need to think of how to phrase it so it sounds good and not in any way insulting to the uni :p:

Thanks

:p: nah dont feel bad. they have plenty others to choose from
    i think some other applicant is really grateful that you are doing this. it might mean a place for them instead! :]]

but you've already seen the place, been interviewed etc. lol.

hehe well i hope i get offers... >.<
    or another interview at ucl. i know, im greedy :p:
    but i just want to know!!
    haha that's true :p: indeed :p:

haha I'm sure you will get offers/more interviews

What is your top choice if you have one? Out of yours I'd pick Notts :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha that's true :p: indeed :p:

haha I'm sure you will get offers/more interviews

What is your top choice if you have one? Out of yours I'd pick Notts :p:
    hehe hope so =]
    ehh. imperial i think. because they;ve given me an interview and big cities is my thing. absolutely adore huge metropolitan cities!! =]
    but right now, ANY unis that i've applied to will do because i think i'd like it wherever i went :p: it doesnt matter really. i mean i've put up with this place for the past 10 years. . . im sure i can survive in another 'small' city :p:

and medicine is medicine wherever you go

ReputationRep:
    ^ WHAT?!?!? HYEREE!! YOU ARE KOREAN!?!?! OMG!!! wooo!! hahah

anyways. congrats on your imperial interview!!! i really wanna go to big city!!! my chacne was blown....UCL rejected me a few days after the interview :[

i only bristol and leeds left.... (cambridge my first choice also rejected me....)

but i have an offer at imperial for biomed though! :]]]

ReputationRep:
    hehe hope so =]
    ehh. imperial i think. because they;ve given me an interview and big cities is my thing. absolutely adore huge metropolitan cities!! =]
    but right now, ANY unis that i've applied to will do because i think i'd like it wherever i went :p: it doesnt matter really. i mean i've put up with this place for the past 10 years. . . im sure i can survive in another 'small' city :p:

and medicine is medicine wherever you go
    haha fair enough
    If you go to London you might see me around now and then :p:
    haha :p:

Tis true

ReputationRep:
    Indeed I now just need to think of how to phrase it so it sounds good and not in any way insulting to the uni :p:

Thanks
    Yeah, that would be tricky. :p:

Try it by saying that you think you would be better suited to the style of teaching at the offer Uni, and that you don't want to deprive someone deserving at the chance of coming to this Uni. :dontknow: That way you're not really saying the Uni isn't as good, just you'd be better suited to another one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that would be tricky. :p:

Try it by saying that you think you would be better suited to the style of teaching at the offer Uni, and that you don't want to deprive someone deserving at the chance of coming to this Uni. :dontknow: That way you're not really saying the Uni isn't as good, just you'd be better suited to another one.
    haha no one picked the phone up so I emailed the Head of the medical school as I couldn't find anyone else who looked like they delt with the admissions thing on the site...they have a lot of staff lol

I said in the email that circumstances have changed and that I won't be attending the interview and will be withdrawing my application from there. Guess I didn't tell them anything lol, looks more like someone had died :rolleyes:
    I did thank them for considering me though

ReputationRep:
    ^ that's good man. well done :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielisew)
    Why?
    see here lol

ReputationRep:
    LOL I got an email from track saying my status had changed which made my heart jump lol

All it was that I clicked withdraw from Keele...grrr I though Kings had rejected me then :p:

Damn you track!

ReputationRep:
    LOL I got an email from track saying my status had changed which made my heart jump lol

All it was that I clicked withdraw from Keele...grrr I though Kings had rejected me then :p:

Damn you track!
    hahaha

Do universities give track updates on Saturdays?

Anyway, I understand why you have withdrawn now as your reasons are legitimate really.. Just make sure you get those grades you need! I don't see the point in a firm and insurance for medicine as normally the offer is AAB so if you don't get that, you don't get in anywhere.

I was thinking this would give me more chance at Keele, having had my interview but then again they will probably interview some other good candidate considering yours was withdrawn

Good luck

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.