Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Hi guys, haven't been in here in a while!
    Sorry to hear about the recent rejections

I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham, is anyone else in a similar position?
    yeap. im still waiting. most are still waiting... i think

ReputationRep:
    omg I got into UCL.

I GOT A TRACK UPDATE.

omg I'm shaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    omg I got into UCL.
    haha congrats!
    see nothing to worry about in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Jessay - It's My Firm - I Might See You Next Year Lol. (my Caps Lock Button Has Gone Weird)

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry to hear that Hyeree, you don't seem to be having a very good week. :sad: Still, maybe next week will be better for you.

(Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    Argh, I got a whole torrent from that too.

I ended up putting a whole 'UKCAT guide' on my profile... and people still kept PMing me!!

I mean, seriously, open your eyes! The world won't spoonfeed you all the way through life!
    Haha, I should have just copied and paster your guide every time someone PMed me. :tongue: Would have saved a lot of hassle.

(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    As for the L6th applicants, I detest them. They act as if they know more than me. One claimed that I wouldn't hear from Edinburgh until March, should have seen their face when I told them I had heard from them. Another is trying to get a certificate for doing over 1000 hours of volunteering, just so he can put it on his PS. You have to apply for this certificate too. Who would do that? Volunteering has never been a selfless thing has it?... Am I the only one who would do it, even without applying to medical school?
    Yeah, tbh. Who wants to give help anonymously if they can't brag about it afterwards? :cool:

I love it when people say complete ******** to me though. One of my teachers told me there was no way I was going to get into Oxford because I had put a fifth choice down, so they would see I wasn't committed. How on Earth they thought Oxford would find this out is beyond me...

(Original post by dilipd)
    I completely agree with what you have said here.

There was one current applicant who asked me how she should prepare for her Bristol interview. After speaking to her and some of the other current applicants it became clear to me that she had been pushed into it by her chemistry teacher. The other current applicants told me that she had no idea baout course structures and that bristol was her last choice and she only applied to fill up a gap and more importantly her tutor had literally written the whole ps and organised w/e for her and all that stuff. apparently this applicant only decided she was going into med 2 weeks before oct 15th and was boasting to me how she had got 3 interviews by now. When i said to her that med is not a bed of roses and you will be covering whole modules in biology in 2 lectures she said "don't tell me any of this - i have my interview tomorrow". at the end of the day she is deluding herself and if any of her choices are stupid enough to take her on, they will lose out because this kid wont even last through first yr. You would think admissions tutors would see through this person but apparently not. the worst thing is that this applicant has appllied to soton and could get accepted due to their no interview policy. I feel incensed by ths applicant and i hope to god that they see through this incredibly arrogant, rude brat

If any of the 30% who are genuinely enthusiastic about medicine want any help i will give it to them, to ease them through the hell that is UCAS. i am more than willing to provide them with answers but I feel that at 17/18 you should be amking your own choices about your future career and not letting teachers/peers tell you you can or cant do something. I also feel that it is important to make a well informed choice about medicine and to know all the facts before applying. I think i will have to make an appearance around about this time next year when *hopefully* the decent applicants have got somewhere with their apps.
    That sounds very annoying. But seriously, don't get yourself worked up about it. If what you've said is true, she won't have a clue about what she's letting herself in for, and will most likely fail. So don't get so stressed about her - at the end of the day she's only screwing up her own life.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah I'm shaking so much. I logged on to track with my eyes welling up expecting "unsuccessful". I couldn't speak when I saw "conditional" and my mum was just staring at me like :eek: I was shaking so much she probably thought I was having some sort of seizure.

ReputationRep:
    omg I got into UCL.

I GOT A TRACK UPDATE.

omg I'm shaking
    Congrats hun!

ReputationRep:
    All my fellow Oxbridge medical offer holders had an assembly specially orientated towards them. Couldn't help but think I could have been up there.....

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah I'm shaking so much. I logged on to track with my eyes welling up expecting "unsuccessful". I couldn't speak when I saw "conditional" and my mum was just staring at me like :eek: I was shaking so much she probably thought I was having some sort of seizure.
    Eeeeeek! Well done! :grin: You must be ecstatic!

ReputationRep:
    :party:

Bravo! Bravo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    yeap. im still waiting. most are still waiting... i think
    Oh right. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    :party:

well done jessaay!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    All my fellow Oxbridge medical offer holders had an assembly specially orientated towards them. Couldn't help but think I could have been up there.....
    we don't need oxbridge ... we're MEDICS. **** them all - there are harder med schools to get into

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! It's made me slightly more confident for my two other interviews tomorrow and wednesday. I'm so so so so so happy. As much as I denied it sometimes it was always my absolute favourite.

Now, to get the grades!

ReputationRep:
    omg I got into UCL.

I GOT A TRACK UPDATE.

omg I'm shaking
    hahah...And you made it out like your interview went terrible.

I bet you're a secretly amazing applicant, but too oblivous to see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilipd)
    we don't need oxbridge ... we're MEDICS. **** them all - there are harder med schools to get into
    Such as? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Schools that are as hard to get into, but I don't think there's many that are harder.

ReputationRep:
    I think I repeated this somewhere else, but here goes:

To all you out there, I genuinely am sorry & upset to hear about your rejections, but remember that you tried your best, you gave all that you could and these things just happen - regardless of how talented you all are. Keep on a brave face and take on these challenges - it'll just make you stronger in the long run, and you will come to realise that all of this, the entire challenge of applying to medicine, is ultimately worth it.

Good luck all. I have my fingers crossed for you!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Such as? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Schools that are as hard to get into, but I don't think there's many that are harder.
    imperial, southampton bm6 (they had 550 applications for 30 places last year and are very very very picky and selective on who makes it. they've even be known to reject candidates who miss the offer by 1ums), bsms,ucl, kings to name a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    hahah...And you made it out like your interview went terrible.

I bet you're a secretly amazing applicant, but too oblivous to see it.
    :no: My form tutor doesn't think so. Every time I go to see her she thinks my success is down to her reference. ¬_¬

I also said something implying the NHS was feminist so I'm surprised they didn't just kick me out right at that second, really.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.