Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Gutted for you Hyeree. I have all my extremities crossed for you
    I tried that but they got tangled =[

ReputationRep:
    OMFS!!

I just realised that you got into UCL jessay!!! Congratulations!!!

I was pretty disappointed about my UCL rejection :[[[ ... I was hoping so much from UCL....but oh well.....they thought I wasn't mature enough...............ummmmmmmmmm ............

In my heart, it's saying I want to do medicine....but now I'm feeling like I might be off to biomed at Imperial....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Well, they can tell you put 5 choices down.... Don't hurt me.

Oh well. Shove a track printout up his jacksy. A "careers advisor" told me not to apply to Edinburgh, because I definitely wouldn't get in. Currently, my track reads "Edinburgh - conditional". She took a "career break" not long after, although I think she got let go/replaced.
    Seriously? I didn't know that. :o: I'd be extremely surprised (and a little disgusted) if anywhere used that against you though.

ReputationRep:
    Congratualtions jessaay. you really deserve a place and at least now you can turn round and tell your teachers that you have suceeded and got in on your own back. teachers like that are so patronising - my biology teacher couldn't believe i received an interview from nottingham so tried to tell me that either i have read the letter wrong or they have me mixed up with someone else. it's ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Seriously? I didn't know that. :o: I'd be extremely surprised (and a little disgusted) if anywhere used that against you though.
    i've heard that a fair few look at whether an applicant has put a 5th choice down and someone was telling me that they even look at if the uni is their own. i dont know how true that is though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namnao555)
    OMFS!!

I just realised that you got into UCL jessay!!! Congratulations!!!

I was pretty disappointed about my UCL rejection :[[[ ... I was hoping so much from UCL....but oh well.....they thought I wasn't mature enough...............ummmmmmmmmm ............

In my heart, it's saying I want to do medicine....but now I'm feeling like I might be off to biomed at Imperial....
    Thanks, I'm sort of :woo: right now, rather than doing anything constructive. I really really really hope I get the grades!

Aww, nerves do a lot to us though! Sorry about your UCL rejection, but by mature enough, I'm sure they just couldn't see past your nerves! I mean I'm incredibly immature at times :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    i've heard that a fair few look at whether an applicant has put a 5th choice down and someone was telling me that they even look at if the uni is their own. i dont know how true that is though
    I knew that it could be viewed if you put 2 choices at the same Uni, but I didn't know it was possible to see to how many places you applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Gutted for you Hyeree. I have all my extremities crossed for you
    thanks
    good luck to you too^^

ReputationRep:
    I knew that it could be viewed if you put 2 choices at the same Uni, but I didn't know it was possible to see to how many places you applied.
    i think they can because i heard when the unis get our forms the choices on the ucas form look like this:

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    2. University of Manchester a100
    3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. University of Manchester b100

So they can see which course you have applied to at their own uni and the others are blanked out. Apparently the uni order is the order it appears on track.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. It's a credit to you that you got called to interview at Oxford, and it shouldn't be belittled.

True, true! :tongue:

But I have to agree - Oxbridge definitely is/are the hardest med school to get into. IMHO, no other med school compares to the overall rigour you need to hold an offer from there.

Firstly, the exceptional academics you need just to get to the interview stage, and then having to face and *pass* the terror that is the interview! :eek3:

I take my hat off to all the offer holders, and am actually genuinely glad that I applied and fought my way there, regardless of the final outcome.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks jessayy!!! Well, one of my friend told me that don't let UCL tell me what to do. (They suggest I take a gap year and get more work experience). He said if I want to take a gap year, do it, but don't do it because UCL suggested...ummmmmm...

@Hyeree : Hi! I'm sorry to hear of your UCL and Edinburgh rejections!! T^T Good luck at Notts and Imperial though!!! I believe you can get there!!! I did not know that I could apply for two courses at one uni....otherwise I would have applied to Imperial for med too! Anyways, a lot of good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    omg I got into UCL.

I GOT A TRACK UPDATE.

omg I'm shaking
    ahhh i'm so happy for you! congratulations!
    i guess you'll be happy happy at leicester tomorrow see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    ahhh i'm so happy for you! congratulations!
    i guess you'll be happy happy at leicester tomorrow see you there!
    Ooo yes yes I'll be the probably loud one falling over frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    i think they can because i heard when the unis get our forms the choices on the ucas form look like this:

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So they can see which course you have applied to at their own uni and the others are blanked out. Apparently the uni order is the order it appears on track.
    Fair enough, learn something new every day I guess.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, what they see is:

XXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX
    A100 - University of Edinburgh
    XXXXXXXXXX
    B124 - University of Edinburgh

If you applied to two choices at Edinburgh, the greatest uni in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    4.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally beaten me to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Ooo yes yes I'll be the probably loud one falling over frequently.
    niiice. i'll be the one biting my nails, most likely. or looking like a loon with my hair tied up (urghh).
    we should make it a game: spot the tsr-ian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Yeah, what they see is:

XXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX
    A100 - University of Edinburgh
    XXXXXXXXXX
    B124 - University of Edinburgh

If you applied to two choices at Edinburgh, the greatest uni in the world.
    Sadly, you have now not taught me anything new today. :no: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    Congratualtions jessaay. you really deserve a place and at least now you can turn round and tell your teachers that you have suceeded and got in on your own back. teachers like that are so patronising - my biology teacher couldn't believe i received an interview from nottingham so tried to tell me that either i have read the letter wrong or they have me mixed up with someone else. it's ridiculous
    Talk about vindictive.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, you have now not taught me anything new today. :no: :tongue:

Apart from:

Edinburgh - the greatest university in the world.

I feel I have to reiterate it.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.