Turn on thread page Beta

The UCAS 'chat' thread for all 2009 hopeful medics... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate0904)
    summary:
    nominations have opened for a medicine moderator - see announcement at top of forum
    there is now a 'family' of med applicants
    some people want to be PS helpers if they get in

*i think that's about it :tongue:*
    :tongue: Thanks

I want to be in this family... :puppyeyes:

ohh I'll probably become a PS helper in September :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Mentals, the lot of you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    :tongue: Thanks

I want to be in this family... :puppyeyes:

ohh I'll probably become a PS helper in September :yep:
    join in??? :tongue:

omfg. its snowing now. . . =[[ seems we'll have a snowstorm just a few weeks after you guys =.=

this sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind being a PS helper, but there are a plethora of them so its probably best to avoid the procastination.

I think I will not be alone in saying

'Renal for mod!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    I think I will not be alone in saying

'Renal for mod!'
    Haha. Good shout!

He tells it like it is. Even if it can be rather cutting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Haha. Good shout!

He tells it like it is. Even if it can be rather cutting!
    Lets start the 'Renal is my god' society, and put 'Renal is my god' in our sigs. Then we can all pretend to be doing it just to wind up the rabid christian element of tsr, while actually simply enjoying the herd immunity or being under some kind of deity, rather like they do actually.

ReputationRep:
    Lets start the 'Renal is my god' society, and put 'Renal is my god' in our sigs. Then we can all pretend to be doing it just to wind up the rabid christian element of tsr, while actually simply enjoying the herd immunity or being under some kind of deity, rather like they do actually.
    I like the added effect og the 'god' without the capital 'g'.

Although I'm not sure he'd appreciate it Would he even appreciate being nominated for medics mod? I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    I like the added effect og the 'god' without the capital 'g'.

Although I'm not sure he'd appreciate it Would he even appreciate being nominated for medics mod? I doubt it.
    Some how I don't think its his sort of thing.

Though being a forum deity, that may be more up his street.

We just then need to come up with an elaborate book involving annaspanner nailing *Deleted in the interests of not getting banned*

That is so going to get me warned.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta rejection from Southampton...but altogether unbothered by it due to my HYMS place, and interviews at Manchester and Leeds. That's probably a bad attitude to take, but I didn't really want to go to Southampton - only applied there because I've a tendency to mess up interviews!

I'm so excited for my interviews next week...everyone else is going to think I'm crazy when I'm bouncing round like "YAY INTERVIEW!" :P

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Renal's first act as Mod would probably be to ban everyone who wasn't currently a Med student from being in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniaturexhero)
    Gotta rejection from Southampton...but altogether unbothered by it due to my HYMS place, and interviews at Manchester and Leeds. That's probably a bad attitude to take, but I didn't really want to go to Southampton - only applied there because I've a tendency to mess up interviews!
    That kind of like how i felt after my UEA rejection after i got an offer from BSMS. I knew i wouldn't accept an offer if i got one from them over BSMS (due to being PBL), and was actually quite relieved to not have to go through their interview process, which from what i hear is very unorthodox.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have or has had interviews at durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :rofl: Renal's first act as Mod would probably be to ban everyone who wasn't currently a Med student from being in this forum.

I do wish there was a redirect on the forum to another one which we probably both know, where 99.9% of the questions on here have been answered hundreds of times.

This would however cease to be tsr then.

ReputationRep:
    I do wish there was a redirect on the forum to another one which we probably both know, where 99.9% of the questions on here have been answered hundreds of times.

This would however cease to be tsr then.
    But then people would still feel the need to start a new thread, just in case things are different for them. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Renal's first act as Mod would probably be to ban everyone who wasn't currently a Med student from being in this forum.
    :rofl:
    that would probably be the action of a lot of the current med students :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    But then people would still feel the need to start a new thread, just in case things are different for them. :tongue:
    They do, but hey, you can never quite remove that element from things.

Though its amazing how often I get messages from people who have found my posts over there by searching. It seems to be a different class of applicant there. Ones who can search for things.

But I suppose that is how they find the forum, so linking there from here would end that.

ReputationRep:
    They do, but hey, you can never quite remove that element from things.

Though its amazing how often I get messages from people who have found my posts over there by searching. It seems to be a different class of applicant there. Ones who can search for things.

But I suppose that is how they find the forum, so linking there from here would end that.
    Are you talking about NMM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Are you talking about NMM?
    Indeed I am.

I often PM people links to it if I think they are in a dead end here (as lets face it, nmm is much much better if you have a question remotely specific). I get the impression though that linking to a direct competitor in an open forum would be frowned upon by the mods here.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed I am.

I often PM people links to it if I think they are in a dead end here (as lets face it, nmm is much much better if you have a question remotely specific). I get the impression though that linking to a direct competitor in an open forum would be frowned upon by the mods here.
    I actually came from NMM. I used NMM first, then TSR.

NMM for info, TSR for :troll:'ing.

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    I actually came from NMM. I used NMM first, then TSR.

NMM for info, TSR for :troll:'ing.

:laugh:
    :eek:

traitor!!!! :tongue:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.