Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    same here...my referee seems to be hindering my progress rather than facilitating it!
    Ditto... mine was ready to send off two weeks ago, but they've been messing around at school and waiting for no apparent reason before they send it off. I've been to see the UCAS coordinator twice over the last week, and he's assured me that it will go as soon as possible, but the waiting is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know whether to apply to PMS (where I'm not sure about the location and fully PBLness) or to apply to somewhere I don't even have the standard offer for (would probably be Kings because I love it) as I gained AABb at A level and damned Kings changed their standard offer this year. However, the B was because my History teachers left during A2 year which my referee has mentioned, do you think this would be a good enough reason to take into account? p.s. I got 675 on UKCAT- that's not really good enough for Kings is it?

HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    Ditto... mine was ready to send off two weeks ago, but they've been messing around at school and waiting for no apparent reason before they send it off. I've been to see the UCAS coordinator twice over the last week, and he's assured me that it will go as soon as possible, but the waiting is killing me!
    :ditto: And now it's the weekend. :sad: Hopefully, Monday will be the day for us.

(Original post by crackerbox)
    I really don't know whether to apply to PMS (where I'm not sure about the location and fully PBLness) or to apply to somewhere I don't even have the standard offer for (would probably be Kings because I love it) as I gained AABb at A level and damned Kings changed their standard offer this year. However, the B was because my History teachers left during A2 year which my referee has mentioned, do you think this would be a good enough reason to take into account? p.s. I got 675 on UKCAT- that's not really good enough for Kings is it?

HELP
    Hmmm. I'd ring and ask King's about whether they would consider that an extenuating circumstance. I wouldn't apply for somewhere you didn't make the offer for without calling them first. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS app will not be sent off until the 13th at least which is really pissing me off. From my experience i would say that extenuating corcumstances dont really count for much in med admissions and i highly doubt that your history teacher leaving halfway through A2 would count. My cousins biology teacher left half way through a2 and he still managed to get an A by working every single day until the exam
    `

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me. i dont know what to do, does this mean i have to verify my email address, if so then how do i do this?

'You will not be able to send your application until you have verified your e-mail address (via the personal details section), or via the link below if you have not completed all sections of your application.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaybeMedic)
    can someone help me. i dont know what to do, does this mean i have to verify my email address, if so then how do i do this?

'You will not be able to send your application until you have verified your e-mail address (via the personal details section), or via the link below if you have not completed all sections of your application.'
    I believe UCAS emails you with your verification code, to check that the e-mail address you gave works, and you have to enter it on UCAS apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaybeMedic)

I also got that, but when I'd completed all the stuff I sent it off without a problem

ReputationRep:
    It says that on mine too, but under it it says:
    "your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application." (I have sent it off)
    I do remember having verified my email ages ago though

ReputationRep:
    its jst a reminder, if u filled in ur email address in ur personal details section then u dont hav to verify

ReputationRep:
    yeh it will stil work dont worry x

ReputationRep:
    Just got a letter from University of Southampton offering me a place on their Biomedical Sciences course, woop!
    It's nice to know I have something to fall back on if I get four rejections for Medicine this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Just got a letter from University of Southampton offering me a place on their Biomedical Sciences course, woop!
    It's nice to know I have something to fall back on if I get four rejections for Medicine this year
    Well done
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    nice one! it's pretty cool that you've got that offer already! well done also...iceland sounds fab!

ReputationRep:
    Wahey congratulations! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yaay! Well done for getting an offer. It must feel nice to know you have an offer even if it isn't for Medicine. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview at birmingham! yayyy!
    the letter came today & my parents told me when i got home from a course in manchester...AHHHHHHH i'm so scared/nervous/excited!

ReputationRep:
    OMG when did you send your form off?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh congrats to both scaryhair and lotusx! That's so awesome!

How long did it take for your UCAS welcome letters to come? I've not had mine yet and I'm getting quite anxious...

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach L)
    Ooh congrats to both scaryhair and lotusx! That's so awesome!

How long did it take for your UCAS welcome letters to come? I've not had mine yet and I'm getting quite anxious...
    thank youu! and yeah, congrats to you, scaryhair!
    it took a couple of days, i think, but you can try logging into track now. you just need your UCAS ID.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.