Turn on thread page Beta

The UCAS 'chat' thread for all 2009 hopeful medics... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    not me either... it seems as if i will do it tomorrow evening... hopefully there wont be any complications

ReputationRep:
    what does module mean??? i'm basically doing my a-levels (AS and A2 in one year) as i lived in austria before and went to an american school. so i don't know what you're supposed to put in the MODULE section on UCAS... any help anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam4God)
    what does module mean??? i'm basically doing my a-levels (AS and A2 in one year) as i lived in austria before and went to an american school. so i don't know what you're supposed to put in the MODULE section on UCAS... any help anyone??
    subjects like bio chem maths..

my application is sent!!

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is the deadline guys! Hope you're all on track for meeting it (for those that haven't already!)...

Personally, I am dying. I'm ill at the moment with what I think may be a chest infection and I'm finding it really hard to settle back into college - I have all of last week's work to catch up on, plus all of the normal stuff, and French coursework - ARGH!
    Really hoping that this isn't a chest infection, and that I get better soon because it's really not doing me any favours work-wise
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Sent my form off.
    well done, relieved to be rid of it? hope it all goes well for you

(Original post by scaryhair)
    Really hoping that this isn't a chest infection, and that I get better soon because it's really not doing me any favours work-wise
    Ah, poor you! That sucks. Just try not to stress (I know it's not easy!) and concentrate on just feeling better, then deal with the work. You'll get it all done, and i'm sure your teachers will understand if you've been ill, if you're normally always on time with stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Pheww.. just checked UCAS and its JUST been sent..
    I think id have a freakout if they hadn't done it by tomorrow!

And now for the waiting game..

ReputationRep:
    sprout hair do you know much about cardiff?i've decided to change my choices
    is it ok if im predicted AAB with a B in chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    Just been sent! Yaaaaaay! The excitement begins. :godancing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaybeMedic)
    sprout hair do you know much about cardiff?i've decided to change my choices
    is it ok if im predicted AAB with a B in chemistry?
    Tbh.. It was one of my random last choices..
    I'm pretty sure thats ok.. This is what it says on UCAS :

"Two of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics (one being Chemistry or Biology). AB grades required. (Chemistry or Biology required at AS if not at A level.) Non-science subjects strongly encouraged. "

I heard Cardiff is lovely and the course sounds good, early patient contact etc.

Btw, deadline is tomorrow.. you still havn't sent it?
    It's gotta go through school and stuff..

ReputationRep:
    thank you!
    i take it you are predicted 3a's ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaybeMedic)
    thank you!
    i take it you are predicted 3a's ?
    Nope, AAB but the B was in politics..
    Good luck!! (damn! another person competing with me :mad: .. i joke )

ReputationRep:
    My form was sent off this evening!

I'm actually really glad to be rid of it. This afternoon was just spent with my teacher going over my PS etc. with a fine toothpick looking for flaws. But then when the button was pressed I did feel quite upset, in the "No, I wanted to change things!" irrational frame of mind I'm currently in.

Still, can't do anything now, just got to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    i remember feeling like that jonnyofengland. i felt empty when it had gone which was pretty weird. i've had a bit of a bad day today though because my sixth form has an access agreement with my local university and i have to fill in extra forms for the medical course. the deadline for all the froms is the 17th and my school still haven't filled them in which is annoying and stressing me out majorly. overall i've had a really bad day and im now panicking about how im going to prepare for interviews and revise for my 6 january exams at the same time because i really need to nail the jan exams - cant afford to mess them up and do another load of resits cos i face the prospects of doing 17 exams in june then. on the plus side i received my ackonwledgement email from uea saying that they are now considering my application - it's a standard email but still made me very happy

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I couldn't face having to fill out any more forms now.

I know what you mean about organising it all though. No sooner has my form gone than I've now got to start revising for the BMAT, then interview revision, then Jan revision, then more interview revision, then June revision.

This year's just gonna be a crazy one, methinks.

ReputationRep:
    i often think how people get through yr 13 with a levels and the ucas stress esp for a subject like med. then i think to myslef that med school will be a lot worse and even becoming a junior doctor revising for the mrc exams on top of treating people. on top of all my revision ive got a hell of a lot of coursework to do aswell - better get back to it actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    This year's just gonna be a crazy one, methinks.
    7 months left of the craziness....
    *dieesss*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenifaar)
    well done, relieved to be rid of it? hope it all goes well for you
    Thanks, yeah I'm glad. Really confused about my choices now, I'm still so torn between medicine and theology but I'm gonna wait it out and see what my offers are I suppose. It's not that I'd be uncommitted to medicine, I just like theology a hell of a lot too But yeah was a relief, despite maybe regrets or thinking "aaaah coulda been better!" Have you sent yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    We need to get a list up of whos applying this year so we can keep track of things.
    i think you can find that first page on the pre-med society...or are you after something more specific, e.g. list of places people are applying to all under a column?

ReputationRep:
    ****, I'm going to go nuts this year

ReputationRep:
    the next 6-7 months are gonna be hell, methinks!!!!!
    i sent my UCAS this evening and am now waiting for my referee to check it and send it!
    i'm sooooo soooo nervous! but excited at the same time!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.