Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    wow that sounds amazing! I'm planning a road trip with friends lol, if it ever happens

Can't wait tbh, June 20th, offically over. 7 years of school over and done with.
    It will happen with enough commitment! :yes:

I knooooow, school finally over officially! :eek3:

I guess it's gona be a sad moment as well, though having to say goodbye to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I just had my blood tests and my meningitis vaccine and my Hepititis B injection. :eek:

I have 3 holes in my arms. :eek4:
    Oooh I had my first Hep B today too. It's insane, I've been in and out of the doctors every few weeks just for vaccinations, and will continue to pop in and out for the next 6 months ish!

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from UCL!
    i went back to english and told my friend, who then squealed and announced it to everyone else, bless her.
    good day for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    got an offer from UCL!
    i went back to english and told my friend, who then squealed and announced it to everyone else, bless her.
    good day for me!
    :party: congrats!

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from UCL!
    good day for me!
    Well done! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from UCL!
    good day for me!
    :woo: CONGRATS!! :ymca:

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from UCL!
    good day for me!
    really well done :yep:

ReputationRep:
    jeez i think finalizing my application (making the firm and insurance) was probably the hardest part. it's like selecting your future.

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from UCL!
    good day for me!
    hehe Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused about all of the injection stuff, where do we start? What do we do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    I'm confused about all of the injection stuff, where do we start? What do we do?

As soon as possible. I'm not really sure whether you have had to complete the injections by the time that you get to medical school, or have just started the course. It probably depends on the uni - should say in any offer letters.
    Just go to your practice nurse and tell her you're going to be a medical student and so need Hep B. You may have to pay for it though, so be warned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    It will happen with enough commitment! :yes:

I knooooow, school finally over officially! :eek3:

I guess it's gona be a sad moment as well, though having to say goodbye to everyone
    I've only known most of the people at my college since the beginning of last term because it's a large college I transferred to from my old school, so it won't be outstandingly sentimental :tongue:. I will miss a few of them though, there are some really interesting and likeable characters there, but uni will be brilliant and hopefully they'll all do well in the future and we'll probably keep in contact. I'll miss my two best friends though, I've known one of them 12 years and the other for around 7 years so that will get me as teary as can be. :sad:

It will be sad to say bye to some of my teachers. They've been fantastic, and
    really helped me out in the past two years, more than I've ever experienced actually (I've never had a teacher I can say was particularly fantastic or supportive), but I'm going to get all of the teachers I've had in the past 2 years something to say thank you on results day (hopefully I will get the grades so the thank you doesn't fall flat :tongue:). Ahh, sad times.

Sorry, a rather large moment of self reflection in this post :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from UCL!
    good day for me!
    :woo: Congratulations! :five:

Zomg if you choose UCL you might have to put up with me for 6 years. I feel genuinely sorry for you :tongue:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Oooh I had my first Hep B today too. It's insane, I've been in and out of the doctors every few weeks just for vaccinations, and will continue to pop in and out for the next 6 months ish!
    Aaah I'm having to pop in quite frequently too. The poor nurse will get sick of me. I'm popping back later in the week to pick up my health check form (which they're charging me £23 for filling out :confused:), and then in a month I need my next part of the Hep B one, and the nurse pestered me to get the Cervical cancer jab too. Then in 6 months it'll be back for my last hep B thing and after that the Hepatitis B antibodies blood test!

At least by the end of this I will no longer feel the pain of needles!

ReputationRep:
    I've only got 32 days of school left... :-|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    I've only got 32 days of school left... :-|
    :eek4: How do you feel about that then? Scared? Excited?

I have about 9 weeks. I'm ******** it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    As soon as possible. I'm not really sure whether you have had to complete the injections by the time that you get to medical school, or have just started the course. It probably depends on the uni - should say in any offer letters.
    Just go to your practice nurse and tell her you're going to be a medical student and so need Hep B. You may have to pay for it though, so be warned!
    Ahh, thanks! I think KCL sent me something in the offer pack, but I foolishly put it aside, thinking that I'd only need to worry a few weeks or so before the course begins! Silly me! :tongue:

@Jessy: I know exactly what you mean! I've known most of my fellow classmates for at least 7 years now, many of them since I was about 3/4! Gonna be one heck of a moment, with everyone departing so far! :eek3:

Though I'm really really sorry to those with 4 rejections. Many of my best friends, perfect candidates imho, have too fallen victim to this 'curse', but you'll all pull through with enough dedication and achieve whatever you want to in life, I'm sure.

God, I keep having these freaky nightmares where I end up with AAB on results day, a mark off an A in Chemistry, failing to meet my only offer!

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel about that then? Scared? Excited?

I have about 9 weeks. I'm ******** it!
    i tried to quote that post you deleted....
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aaah I'm having to pop in quite frequently too. The poor nurse will get sick of me. I'm popping back later in the week to pick up my health check form (which they're charging me £23 for filling out :confused:), and then in a month I need my next part of the Hep B one, and the nurse pestered me to get the Cervical cancer jab too. Then in 6 months it'll be back for my last hep B thing and after that the Hepatitis B antibodies blood test!

At least by the end of this I will no longer feel the pain of needles!
    Ahaha plus the fact that the HPV jab is just like Hep B - jab at start, another after a month, another after six months!
    I swear I do not feel needle pain anymore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    i tried to quote that post you deleted....
    :p:
    MJ posted before I managed so I thought the sentiment no longer stood. :sad:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.