Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Thanks for the support everyone! :o:
    Yeeeaaaaah

Well done, and all the luck in the world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathryn128)
    I promise you, they're amazing! I'll be just over the road at KCL, so we'll meet up and raid Paperchase!
    Oh no. I feel left out.

@!MENA: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA

ReputationRep:
    I promise you, they're amazing! I'll be just over the road at KCL, so we'll meet up and raid Paperchase!
    ZOMG. I think I'll die with excitement now. STATIONARY SHOPPING :eek3: :woo:

(Original post by Baki)
    Oh no. I feel left out.
    I sense sarcasm :huff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Oh no. I feel left out.
    Are you mocking us, mister??? :haughty: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    He is I think!

Well well, guess who's not getting an invitation to Paperchase. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not mocking you. You dunce. :tongue:

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    He is I think!

Well well, guess who's not getting an invitation to Paperchase. :huff:
    You should know me better than that. :eek:

I WANTZ TO BUY STATIONARY TOOOO!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)

You don't sound like you do :cry:

ReputationRep:
    That's my last interview out of the way (at Imperial). It was alright - certainly not great, but not a total disaster. Wouldn't be surprised to get a rejection from there though. Loved the place, the tour was amazing (and the Ethos building is one of the greatest places I've ever seen ) and the students really showed their enthusiasm. But an interview with 5 panelists? ******* hell that's unnerving!

Oh, and if you're the guy who had an interview at 2.45 today, I really hope you're reading this, because I feel I have a moral obligation to tell you that you are such a degrading, hypocritical pathetic excuse for a human being, and I sincerely hope I never meet anyone with the same attitude as you again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    That's my last interview out of the way (at Imperial). It was alright - certainly not great, but not a total disaster. Wouldn't be surprised to get a rejection from there though. Loved the place, the tour was amazing (and the Ethos building is one of the greatest places I've ever seen ) and the students really showed their enthusiasm. But an interview with 5 panelists? ******* hell that's unnerving!

Oh, and if you're the guy who had an interview at 2.45 today, I really hope you're reading this, because I feel I have a moral obligation to tell you that you are such a degrading, hypocritical pathetic excuse for a human being, and I sincerely hope I never meet anyone with the same attitude as you again.
    Im sure you did better than you think!

Gossip?

ReputationRep:

Is he a TSRian? :eek:

Also, what did he do?

I'm curious now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    I'm not mocking you. You dunce. :tongue:

Hmm. I don't know if you're ready for Paperchase, tbh. I mean you'll be at KCL too, so it's feasible, but we might have to start you on supermarket pens or summat.

Sudden random thought: think how much stationery we get to steal off the NHS!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is he a TSRian? :eek:

Also, what did he do?

I'm curious now.
    ditto, i really want to know what he said!
    @jonnyofengland: i agree about Ethos, it does look pretty amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Is he a TSRian? :eek: I hope so - if only to see whether he's prepared to try and defend his actions

Also, what did he do?

I'm curious now.
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Im sure you did better than you think!

Gossip?
    He was shameful. A brief background: we're all sitting in a room, having a bit of a chat about the application procedure. First thing comes up, the BMAT. Someone tells us he got 18.1 (a pretty good score) and he loudly barks out "Good Lord, what went wrong? You must have been having an off day". Then, when someone mentions they got 10.5 in section 3 he comes out with "Yes, I only got 13.5. Shame really, I would have loved to get 15."

Later, someone asks him if he's nervous to which he responds, knowing full well that the guy next to him has got no offers, "Well, I would be if I didn't have any offers, then I'd be so nervous". He belittled some person about who was going to be interviewing them, laughed at another person responses and just generally was a despicable person.

I picked him up on his comments a couple of times about things like his BMAT comments (mainly because I couldn't bear to listen to his crap any more), and his only response was "Oh really?" in such a smug, superior, condescending way. He even had a dig at LMH (my College in Oxford) by saying how far out it was, and when I corrected him he laughed at me and said "Oh, well it must have moved since you were there".

His attitude completely disgusted me - he went out of his way to make others feel uncomfortable and nervous before their interview just to give himself the best possible opportunity. It may just have been an act, but for me he symbolises everything bad that I've encountered in the whole admissions process for Medicine.

Sorry for the bit of a rant here, but he really pissed me off - especially because you could see other applicants getting really worried because of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    ditto, i really want to know what he said!
    @jonnyofengland: i agree about Ethos, it does look pretty amazing.
    See the above post for the dirt. As for Ethos, I've never seen anywhere I automatically just wanted to live. And it's free!

ReputationRep:
    what a freak! honestly, he must've just decided to be an arse to everyone else to boost his own stupid ego. it's awful how arrogant some people can be.
    EDIT: you wanted to live IN ethos? interesting.... the alexander fleming building is quite nice, but hey, my heart belongs to ucl, ahha!

ReputationRep:
    He was shameful. A brief background: we're all sitting in a room, having a bit of a chat about the application procedure. First thing comes up, the BMAT. Someone tells us he got 18.1 (a pretty good score) and he loudly barks out "Good Lord, what went wrong? You must have been having an off day". Then, when someone mentions they got 10.5 in section 3 he comes out with "Yes, I only got 13.5. Shame really, I would have loved to get 15."

Later, someone asks him if he's nervous to which he responds, knowing full well that the guy next to him has got no offers, "Well, I would be if I didn't have any offers, then I'd be so nervous". He belittled some person about who was going to be interviewing them, laughed at another person responses and just generally was a despicable person.

I picked him up on his comments a couple of times about things like his BMAT comments (mainly because I couldn't bear to listen to his crap any more), and his only response was "Oh really?" in such a smug, superior, condescending way. He even had a dig at LMH (my College in Oxford) by saying how far out it was, and when I corrected him he laughed at me and said "Oh, well it must have moved since you were there".

His attitude completely disgusted me - he went out of his way to make others feel uncomfortable and nervous before their interview just to give himself the best possible opportunity. It may just have been an act, but for me he symbolises everything bad that I've encountered in the whole admissions process for Medicine.

Sorry for the bit of a rant here, but he really pissed me off - especially because you could see other applicants getting really worried because of him.
    he sounds like a complete **** - not the sort of person you'd want as med student, let alone a doctor!

ReputationRep:

you my friend have encountered what we call a 'gimp'. However, in medicine such 'gimps' are present in whatever university you go to. Hopefully the panel picked up on his 'gimpness'

ReputationRep:

What a ****.

ReputationRep:

What a ******* arrogant ****. That's disgusting. Who the hell did he think he was?

I hate people like that. You're well within your right to have a rant about him, personally I'd hunt him down and bomb his house.

I've not met a single person like that at any of my interviews, that's just downright unlucky. What a **** :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What a ******* arrogant ****. That's disgusting. Who the hell did he think he was?

I hate people like that. You're well within your right to have a rant about him, personally I'd hunt him down and bomb his house.

I've not met a single person like that at any of my interviews, that's just downright unlucky. What a **** :rolleyes:
    bit too much?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.