Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So why would it be an unwise decision to drop his 4th A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben_stretch)
    Just because the 'most successful' candidates will have more than 3 As, you can't assume that this is remotely part of the admissions process, as it is obviously more likely to be linked to the work ethic of the applicants! Your making a huge assumption that just because most applicant DO have 4 A2's, that it is an important part of the process (which seem to be very much mutially exclusive according to the advice of the tutors).
    :ditto:

Correlation v. direct causation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Is anyone else going to the Premed day at Imperial on the 6th? I am
    oooh i went to that last year! it's good, it's better than medlink because they're not trying to sell you stuff, plus you get a good look at imperial. & i had to do this suturing practical, which made me realise i have no hand-eye coordination whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    oooh i went to that last year! it's good, it's better than medlink because they're not trying to sell you stuff, plus you get a good look at imperial. & i had to do this suturing practical, which made me realise i have no hand-eye coordination whatsoever.
    Hehe, isn't that on an orange? Or am I getting confused with something else?
    Also, do they have Personal Statement workshops? I don't know whether to bring a copy of mine along with me.

ReputationRep:
    Also, do they have Personal Statement workshops? I don't know whether to bring a copy of mine along with me.
    By the looks of those photos, yeah we suture an orange!

I'm bringing my PS along just in case. I hope we have the chance to chat together by the way!

ReputationRep:
    nono, you're right, it's on an orange. we were in pairs for that part. the person i was with couldn't tie knots and i couldn't get the curved needle around the slit in the skin, but together we managed to do a couple of sutures just never let me near a real person.
    i don't THINK they do, at least, they didn't for me. because most of the people there were Year 12s [there were a couple of Year 10s, and i was like GO HOME! YOU'VE GOT TIME!], so they hadn't gotten round to writing their PSs yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    By the looks of those photos, yeah we suture an orange!

I'm bringing my PS along just in case. I hope we have the chance to chat together by the way!
    Yeah, I think I might do too. It'd be nice to meet you in person

ReputationRep:
    Because I still think it'll be useful, and it looks really fun!

Yes it does

I have changes my mind now and im actually quite excited about it.

It looks like loads of fun and useful.

You exited about suturing the orange?

So i am Going to it then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    Yes it does

I have changes my mind now and im actually quite excited about it.

It looks like loads of fun and useful.

You exited about suturing the orange?

So i am Going to it then :yep:
    Yeah, it looks pretty good I hope I get a nice partner!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it looks pretty good I hope I get a nice partner!

i hope I'm not useless at it , it does seem easy but i guess ill never know till i try.

you from london? or u got to travel far to get there?

ReputationRep:
    i hope I'm not useless at it , it does seem easy but i guess ill never know till i try.

you from london? or u got to travel far to get there?
    No, not from London. I live near(ish) Southampton, so about an hour or two's journey, but it's not too bad. You?

ReputationRep:
    No, not from London. I live near(ish) Southampton, so about an hour or two's journey, but it's not too bad. You?

North London, ahh now it makes sense as to why you knew a soton admissions tutor.

i live it in Southampton its really nice

its actually really fast for Soton to London.

you applying to imperial as well?

ReputationRep:
    North London, ahh now it makes sense as to why you knew a soton admissions tutor.

i live it in Southampton its really nice

its actually really fast for Soton to London.

you applying to imperial as well?
    Yeah, it's not too bad a distance.
    Nope. I'm not applying to any London universities, mainly because of finance. I was considering Imperial about a year back, but my choices have changed quite a lot since then, as has my knowledge about different universities and the whole application cycle!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's not too bad a distance.
    Nope. I'm not applying to any London universities, mainly because of finance. I was considering Imperial about a year back, but my choices have changed quite a lot since then, as has my knowledge about different universities and the whole application cycle!
    Why not Imperial?, are london uniersities much more difficult to get into?

Arent all medical schools equally difficult to get into?

ReputationRep:
    Why not Imperial?, are london uniersities much more difficult to get into?

Arent all medical schools equally difficult to get into?
    Just because I decided I didn't want to go to university in London, as I said, because of finance! No other reason really.

ReputationRep:
    Just because I decided I didn't want to go to university in London, as I said, because of finance! No other reason really.
    Good, i was just woried that you knew something i didnt

well i guess i may see ou next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    nono, you're right, it's on an orange. we were in pairs for that part. the person i was with couldn't tie knots and i couldn't get the curved needle around the slit in the skin, but together we managed to do a couple of sutures just never let me near a real person.
    i don't THINK they do, at least, they didn't for me. because most of the people there were Year 12s [there were a couple of Year 10s, and i was like GO HOME! YOU'VE GOT TIME!], so they hadn't gotten round to writing their PSs yet.
    my sister used to bring home oranges to practice injections on and also she used to practice sutures on grapefruit. lol. how fun.

ReputationRep:

by the way do you look like your picture? see if i can spot you @ PreMed!

ReputationRep:
    by the way do you look like your picture? see if i can spot you @ PreMed!
    Yeah, that's me alright You'll have to excuse me if I look at you strangely, as I obviously can't recognise you from a profile pic :p:

SCRAP THAT! Just realised you do actually have a profile pic. Do you look like yours?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's me alright You'll have to excuse me if I look at you strangely, as I obviously can't recognise you from a profile pic :p:

SCRAP THAT! Just realised you do actually have a profile pic. Do you look like yours?

id say so but probably with a bit longer hair and no sunglasses unless its sunny

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.