Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I was gonna have a mini rant saying I'm not applying to Aberdeen, but then I just realised you need to make Barts title in bold.

Good list though, nice effort. Now I know which people to start bumping off...

im going to be updating that list, so its in the Medicine 2009 Choice Topic

ReputationRep:
    For People Who missed my previous Message.

PM me to be added to the List on Page 1 (if your not there Obv)

ReputationRep:
    Ack I am seriously hating this waiting game. I'm so anxious about my reference too as it is written by my Physics teacher. Is that going to hurt my app?

ReputationRep:
    Someone's been doing a bit of ringing up (again!) and King's are apparently sending off acknowledgement letters to applicants within the next couple of days. Just thought I'd let some of you know.

Now I'm off to cram as much about Glycolysis > Link Reaction > Krebs Cycle > Electron Transport Chain reaction for a stupid test tomorrow. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    I have an acknowledgement from Manchester ~ 12 hours after my application was sent. :zomg: They're efficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Someone's been doing a bit of ringing up (again!) and King's are apparently sending off acknowledgement letters to applicants within the next couple of days. Just thought I'd let some of you know.

Now I'm off to cram as much about Glycolysis > Link Reaction > Krebs Cycle > Electron Transport Chain reaction for a stupid test tomorrow. Bad times.

Those *******s.!!!

Joy

ReputationRep:
    Glycolysis > Link Reaction > Krebs Cycle > Electron Transport Chain
    We haven't done them yet on our Biology course. I've only encountered them through a book I read. I liiike them. :w00t:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    We haven't done them yet on our Biology course. I've only encountered them through a book I read. I liiike them. :w00t:

Oh belive me, you will HATE them, soo much, and they will drive you nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    I have an acknowledgement from Manchester ~ 12 hours after my application was sent. :zomg: They're efficient.
    i sent my application last week and still no acknowledgement...slightly worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i sent my application last week and still no acknowledgement...slightly worrying.
    dont worry,they might not be as efficient in the medicine department.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    This is for Biomedical Rubbishness Sciences, however.

ReputationRep:
    how long did it take for your ucas logging onto track emails to come along????

ReputationRep:
    You get a letter through the post. I haven't got mine yet, but I've heard it was a couple of days. I can log into mine without it though.

ReputationRep:
    I got an acknowledgement email from UEA within a few hours, saying they will be in touch very shortly...lies!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Yeah I know what you mean, you're the one applying to loadsa places up north right? :p:
    Yeah, at the moment it'd probably be for the academic side, I'd feel a bit hypocritical becoming a pastor/vicar/minister at the moment! But yeah would be great to explore it more, I just wish I could do it as soon as possible and do it my whole life! Haha I sound obsessed Yeah I hope so. How long have you been wanting to be a doctor?
    Yeah, I am, well remembered! You could always have a side interest in it during your med degree, if you have time! Mm..I think I've known I wanted to be a doctor from end of year 10/11 time...after being adamant that I wouldn't want to be when I picked my GCSEs! But things changed bigstyle, I guess! What about you? And everyone else?

(Original post by !MEna)

Argh, I hate them. I'd spent ages learning them all for a test yesterday, and it got cancelled. It's so frustrating when that happens and you've actually done the revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    evil much???? :P
    Evil? Moi? :angel:

ReputationRep:
    Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

Does this mean my UCAS is sent and the unis have it now???
    God this is sscary if its true! haha but exciting as well.
    I still get the message telling me to verify my email address though. should i just ignore it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenifaar)
    Yeah, I am, well remembered! You could always have a side interest in it during your med degree, if you have time! Mm..I think I've known I wanted to be a doctor from end of year 10/11 time...after being adamant that I wouldn't want to be when I picked my GCSEs! But things changed bigstyle, I guess! What about you? And everyone else?
    Why thank you!
    Yeah I think I was the same, I was watching a video in geography about the AIDS crisis and from then I just thought I had to be, and then it seemed to fit in with everything I wanted in a job too.... I was gutted about the A levels I had to pick though! Hehe I woulda probably taken PE and music instead of bio and chem...

ReputationRep:
    to whoever is making that list - im applying to southampton, nottingham, uea for medicine.

atm im exteremely pissed off becuse im going through the access scheme at my local uni for med which has taken me 5 months to organise on my own. my college were supposed to get everything done in june but the new head claimed she didnt know anything about it. she thought i was lying when i said i would get a guaranteed int which is part of the scheme so took 2 weks to phone med admissions up to confirm. today i find out that she is making my enemy (her teacher's pet) apply through access scheme and the uni only take 3 access students on out of the whole area so now i am up againts this idiot who cant even speak english. her first line in the ps is "coommintment, dedication and drive have led me to apply too medicine. medicaine is the acid in my test tube". her last line is "i am certain the doctor profession is the right one for me. i am the perfect medicine applicant". her statement is so badly written and she wouldn't have even got this interview if it wasnt for me. rant voer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Evil? Moi? :angel:
    hehehehe :yep:
    or maybe UCAS is evil... for having that 47 line limit. THOSE LIARS, they told me it was 4000 characters!!

on the evilness scale
    ucas > you > me thihiihi

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.