Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Completely compulsory, every medical applicant must have at least 18A*s at GCSE and have As at A level in Bio, Chem, Maths, Further maths and physics :p:
    Uh-oh, I dropped Further Maths at AS.

Does it help if you have bags of money, of is that just a general Oxbridge thing? :unsure:

Also I only have 3 years shadowing the head of Surgery at my hospital (He's my dad, that's why I want to do Medicine ) is that enough?

Quick responses appreciated, plz. (I've only got 7 months to decide on my future)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Uh-oh, I dropped Further Maths at AS.

Does it help if you have bags of money, of is that just a general Oxbridge thing?

Also I only have 3 years shadowing the head of Surgery at my hospital (He's my dad, that's why I want to do Medicine ) is that enough?

Quick responses appreciated, plz. (I've only got 7 months to decide on my future)
    :no: sorry, you haven't got a chance

Spoiler:
    Show
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    :no: sorry, you haven't got a chance

Spoiler:
    Show
    :p:
    Aw crap, guess I better do Economics then, I hear you get braw money and respect in that anyway. :cool: Later, geeks.

ReputationRep:
    I've only added the 'may sit modules' to ones that specifically mentioned it in their entry requirements. I'll add a comment underneath the table to that effect though.

I don't think i'll add in the bit about BMAT for Oxford, as it's in the extended GCSE information on one of the main pages, and the table's just meant to be a summary rather than an exhaustive list of requirements.
    Fair enough - makes sense.

It's nice having such a comprehensive source of information in one place, I'm sure it'll be much appreciated by many

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    I'm sure it'll be much appreciated by many
    it had better be! :p:

ReputationRep:
    A level requirements page now created...
    must get on with my PBL now :p:

ReputationRep:
    typical offer from birmingham is AAB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    typical offer from birmingham is AAB?
    (Original post by from Birmingham's website)
    for the past three years, only those candidates with AAA A Level predictions and at least 7 A* grades at GCSE, have been selected for interview.
    It doesn't specifically say what their typical offer is but they do say that, which is why that's what i've put (i'll add a note at the end clarifying it though).
    Minimum requirement is 340-360 UCAS points though.

EDIT: clarification now added to the page re. Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle prefer a contrasting subject as a third A Level.

Also, Oxford and Queen's are basically the same requirements but you've laid them out differently (I wasn't sure if you were aware/cared about this :unsure:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NissanMicra)
    Did u get that by email on a saturday????
    No. I got the email yesterday, I just posted it today.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle prefer a contrasting subject as a third A Level.

Also, Oxford and Queen's are basically the same requirements but you've laid them out differently (I wasn't sure if you were aware/cared about this ).
    Newcastle don't say anything about a contrasting subject on their website :unsure:
    (Original post by http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/A100/entrance-requirements)
    AAA at A level. Subjects should include Chemistry and/or Biology at A or AS level. If only one of Biology and/or Chemistry is offered at A or AS level, the other should be offered at GCSE grade A (or Dual Award Science grade A). We do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking as an A level entry qualification.
    There is a subtle difference between the QUB and Oxford requirements: QUB say 1 of and Oxford just say and/or for them all - i tried to represent that but do see what you mean. Think i'll leave them as they are - all my editing has to be done in word then saved as PDF and copied to paint before i can upload so i don't think it's worth changing it

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle don't say anything about a contrasting subject on their website :unsure:
    Oh. I distinctly remember Newcastle saying something about it, because it made me hesitate before applying there, and one of my teachers rang up and asked about it. Weird that they don't mention it now though.

There is a subtle difference between the QUB and Oxford requirements: QUB say 1 of and Oxford just say and/or for them all - i tried to represent that but do see what you mean. Think i'll leave them as they are - all my editing has to be done in word then saved as PDF and copied to paint before i can upload so i don't think it's worth changing it
    So couldn't Oxford just be one of as well?

It's fine though, it's an excellent piece of work in my opinion and there's no sense in changing it when it makes perfect sense as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I distinctly remember Newcastle saying something about it, because it made me hesitate before applying there, and one of my teachers rang up and asked about it. Weird that they don't mention it now though.
    I expect a lot of the med schools will update their requirements at some point after the end of this cycle so it may be they'll add it in then :erm: no idea :dontknow: I might add an extra comment at the bottom mentioning it as that's easy to do

So couldn't Oxford just be one of as well?
    could be :dontknow:

It's fine though, it's an excellent piece of work in my opinion and there's no sense in changing it when it makes perfect sense as it is.
    :girl:
    must get on with my PBL........

ReputationRep:
    I expect a lot of the med schools will update their requirements at some point after the end of this cycle so it may be they'll add it in then :erm: no idea :dontknow: I might add an extra comment at the bottom mentioning it as that's easy to do

could be :dontknow:

:girl:
    must get on with my PBL........
    Coolios. Have fun with your PBL, I'm meant to clear out all my random crapola today but the lure of my computer is just too much at the moment. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielisew)
    Hey this is random but I just saw you in the TSR Xbox 360 League thread.. You got Xbox Live? Add me (in sig) if you want, I mostly play Halo 3 but GTA IV and Forza Motorsport 2 sometimes.. Also COD4.
    I will add you sometime
    Yeah I have live but I gave up on the thread as I went away for a week and 10 pages had been added on there was no way I could keep up.
    Will hopefully add tonight though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I will add you sometime
    Yeah I have live but I gave up on the thread as I went away for a week and 10 pages had been added on there was no way I could keep up.
    Will hopefully add tonight though
    10 pages? Pah, that's pathetic!

I joined that thread when it started, but never actually played a game with anyone.

ReputationRep:
    10 pages? Pah, that's pathetic!

I joined that thread when it started, but never actually played a game with anyone.
    I can add you aswell but I must return to the thread..... They once bullied me off cod5 to play halo :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I can add you aswell but I must return to the thread..... They once bullied me off cod5 to play halo :sad:
    There wouldn't be much point - my live ran out a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had the money to buy it again yet. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    There wouldn't be much point - my live ran out a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had the money to buy it again yet. :sad:
    Lame all your subs runnin out :sad:
    To be fair I should probably do some work now rather than xbox.
    Also your avatar is.....scary
    Mine is my bro (we share account to save monies )

ReputationRep:

They don't know what they're talking about. cod5 > halo.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.