Turn on thread page Beta

The UCAS 'chat' thread for all 2009 hopeful medics... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to temp ban myself for aboot 3 weeks, so I can get this pile of work done.

Hope you won't miss me too much :tongue:

Keep in touch via facebook/msn and stuff plz, or I'll be lonely. PM me if you want to do that. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm going to temp ban myself for aboot 3 weeks, so I can get this pile of work done.

Hope you won't miss me too much

Keep in touch via facebook/msn and stuff plz, or I'll be lonely. PM me if you want to do that.
    3 weeks? Nooooooo :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    3 weeks? Nooooooo :eek:
    Miss me when I'm gone :cry:

*puts hand dramatically on forehead* BE STRONG!

ReputationRep:
    Miss me when I'm gone

*puts hand dramatically on forehead* BE STRONG!
    Course i'll miss you :sad:

y'all are my excuse for procrastination :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone im new to this site, hopefully someone will help me out. I am an international student, I have already done my alevels, got my results this January AAA with maths biology and chem.. Ive always wanted to study medicine and when I found out the deadline for medicine had passed, I applied for Optometry and Biomedical Science. I have offers at all the universities but am not sure what to do. I applied to Newcastle because I knew I could be transferred to Medicine after a year, but I have been reading that this isn’t an easy process. I don’t think I would like to do Biomed unless I get transferred, so now I don’t know whether to do Optometry at Aston or Biomed at Newcastle and hope that I get transferred. Does anyone know how many people get transferred? I know that a lot of people that do Biomed will be competing for these places so do you think I will have a chance, being an international student? Newcastle also offered me an international students scholarship for Biomed, do you think this will improve my chances when I apply for the transfer? please help.. any advise please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thel)
    Hi everyone im new to this site, hopefully someone will help me out. I am an international student, I have already done my alevels, got my results this January AAA with maths biology and chem.. Ive always wanted to study medicine and when I found out the deadline for medicine had passed, I applied for Optometry and Biomedical Science. I have offers at all the universities but am not sure what to do. I applied to Newcastle because I knew I could be transferred to Medicine after a year, but I have been reading that this isn’t an easy process. I don’t think I would like to do Biomed unless I get transferred, so now I don’t know whether to do Optometry at Aston or Biomed at Newcastle and hope that I get transferred. Does anyone know how many people get transferred? I know that a lot of people that do Biomed will be competing for these places so do you think I will have a chance, being an international student? Newcastle also offered me an international students scholarship for Biomed, do you think this will improve my chances when I apply for the transfer? please help.. any advise please
    Transferring is as rare as rocking horse ahem.

If I were you I would withdraw your application, and reapply in october.

ReputationRep:

Hope you won't miss me too much :tongue:

Keep in touch via facebook/msn and stuff plz, or I'll be lonely. PM me if you want to do that. :yep:
    I really really should do that too.

All the best.

We shall try and cope with the rational thought and reason side of the medical forum a 'man' down. But don't be surprised if you come back and find a certain nursing student on the throne, renal banned, and four threads all entitled "where can I apply without A level urdu" on the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    We shall try and cope with the rational thought and reason side of the medical forum a 'man' down. But don't be surprised if you come back and find a certain nursing student on the throne, renal banned, and four threads all entitled "where can I apply without A level urdu" on the forum.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I really really should do that too.

All the best.

Helenia has already promised that she won't get modded :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    Helenia has already promised that she won't get modded
    Which is a very good thing!

ReputationRep:
    Which is a very good thing!
    A very very very good thing, plus it means H&R will remain safe :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Helenia has already promised that she won't get modded :tongue:
    Tell Helenia I love her.

Lets make a forum shrine.

ReputationRep:
    A very very very good thing, plus it means H&R will remain safe
    only til ADREAM returns from his ban :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tell Helenia I love her.

Lets make a forum shrine.
    I'm in :yep:

ReputationRep:
    only til ADREAM returns from his ban :p:
    When was he banned? I'm sure I've only been offline for about two days!

ReputationRep:
    When was he banned? I'm sure I've only been offline for about two days!
    sometime in the last 2 days... he'd only been back about that long as well!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else getting a little annoyed by all these year 12s asking questions they could quite easily answer themselves by doing a little research or on some real work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Is anyone else getting a little annoyed by all these year 12s asking questions they could quite easily answer themselves by doing a little research or on some real work experience?
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, it isn't any worse than your cohort were this time last year...:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, it isn't any worse than your cohort were this time last year...:tongue:
    Yeah but, uh.. now I'm past that Im allowed to be annoyed. Like the year 12s can be annoyed at the 2011 cohort. :shifty:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.