Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For those of you getting the nottingham questionnaire today, how long ago were your applications sent off. i sent mine off on the sunday just gone. ive reeived an acknowledgement from one of my other unis so im assuming the other choices have received my form but i have hear nothing from nottingham yet so was wondering what the gap was betwwen submitting the form off and getting the questionnaire?

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on Monday, and recieved the questionnaire today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    well we all know ucas' evil lying ways... :P

oh but then it'd be
    UCAS>Physics (good thing i dont have it anymore!! )>the IBO> MADAME BUTTHEAD aka madame bovary > ............ > you i suppose

you arent that evil as i thought!!:eek:
    Nope, I'm way down the list... :p:

(Original post by DrDomDom)
    Anyone know whether voluntary work/ paid work should be included in the work experience section? I mean...it is all work...and I do gain experience from it.
    Only paid work - and then I think it's only really if you've had a pretty consistent job (as I had one but the hours varied wildly so didn't bother including it).

Voluntary and work experience can only go in your PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    whether voluntary work/ paid work should be included in the work experience section? I mean...it is all work...and I do gain experience from it.
    That's exactly what I'm mildly worried/confused about! Just work experience, or volunteering stuff too? Agrh!

ReputationRep:
    lol i'm such a track addict already...already checked it 5 times today even when i know nothing's there

ReputationRep:
    How long after sending off the application should you get the Welcome letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I've done the SAQ, just waiting for my interview date.

If you don't check it it's your loss because you get 2 weeks from when the email is sent.

You really should have checked the prospectuses before applying :p:
    Wow you filled that out quick! When did you send off your SAQ?

Obviously I looked at prospectuses. It's just that I didn't really pay much attention to the admissions process. I knew from the open day at Nottingham that I met the minimum requirements so I didn't read that section. Come to think of it they didn't mention the questionnaire at any point on the open day...

Anyway in the grand scheme of things I don't really mind doing a questionnaire. At the end of the day I still would have applied even if I would have known there was a questionnaire. Taking a hour to fill in something isn't exactly a major factor when trying to decide where you want to spend the next 5 years of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Only paid work - and then I think it's only really if you've had a pretty consistent job (as I had one but the hours varied wildly so didn't bother including it).

Voluntary and work experience can only go in your PS.
    This isn't the UCAS form. It's a questionnaire that Notts send to their applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    This isn't the UCAS form. It's a questionnaire that Notts send to their applicants.
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Wow you filled that out quick! When did you send off your SAQ?

Obviously I looked at prospectuses. It's just that I didn't really pay much attention to the admissions process. I knew from the open day at Nottingham that I met the minimum requirements so I didn't read that section. Come to think of it they didn't mention the questionnaire at any point on the open day...

Anyway in the grand scheme of things I don't really mind doing a questionnaire. At the end of the day I still would have applied even if I would have known there was a questionnaire. Taking a hour to fill in something isn't exactly a major factor when trying to decide where you want to spend the next 5 years of your life.
    Mmm fair enough. I just found from people's experience that the questionnaire is dodgy. Consultants have filled it in for their sons and failed to get an interview.

I did my SAQ 2 days ago (quite long... longer than the CAF anyway).

ReputationRep:
    just wondered ... not trying to make you all worried or doubt yourseles or anything, but what do you think is the weakest part of your application?? id say UKCAT and PS for me ... any 1 else ................... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    How long after sending off the application should you get the Welcome letter?
    i got my UCAS welcome letter like 4 days after i sent off my UCAS, but a confirmation e-mail from Manchester 2 days after i sent off my UCAS ...?

ReputationRep:
    i got my UCAS welcome letter like 4 days after i sent off my UCAS, but a confirmation e-mail from Manchester 2 days after i sent off my UCAS ...?
    OK thanks, thats alright then

ReputationRep:
    I'd say my grades and possibly reference.

ReputationRep:
    For my it's probably my PS/ possibly reference (which I haven't seen and won't get to see :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    lol i'm such a track addict already...already checked it 5 times today even when i know nothing's there
    I think i checked mine about 15 times the other day..Oh deary me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger stripes)
    just wondered ... not trying to make you all worried or doubt yourseles or anything, but what do you think is the weakest part of your application?? id say UKCAT and PS for me ... any 1 else ................... ?
    UKCAT for me.

Actually, I'll reserve this space for the BMAT - just in case haha! :p:

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT and AS grades maybe...

ReputationRep:
    ukcat...had i performed better, my choices would have been completely different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    ukcat...had i performed better, my choices would have been completely different.
    You got higher than me! :mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.