The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8780
Isometrix
we've come to a point now where replying to year 12 medicine queries can just be answered with a single link. that's efficiency for you!

:yep:
once the myths wiki page is up and running, it'll be another useful link to give people
Hygeia
I've reported him for it (taken to doing that with any chat/discussion in a no chat thread - sometimes it gets deleted, sometimes it gets moved, sometimes it gets warned :devil:)

I reported it too

Thanks for the rep btw :smile: I think you have repped me before, possibly for arguing with chatty applicants :tongue:
Isometrix
we've come to a point now where replying to year 12 medicine queries can just be answered with a single link. that's efficiency for you!

I'm tempted to write something about Manchester, with parts about the interview, should stop the constants PMs I seem to get. So don't be surprised if I come begging for experiences of the new interview system :tongue:
Reply 8783
Alex L
I'm tempted to write something about Manchester, with parts about the interview, should stop the constants PMs I seem to get. So don't be surprised if I come begging for experiences of the new interview system

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_you_should_expect_at_a_medical_school_interview#Manchester <-- that's the information currently available on the wiki
Reply 8784
I've made a FAQ for UEA medicine thingy, but can't post it yet as i'm waiting for the uni to ok it :angry:

:yes: I'd seen it, but was still getting a fair few people asking for advice or whatever. I'm almost tempted to do something on life there (as a medic) in general, as I've had quite a few questions like that, from the post-offer pre-decision bunch
Hygeia
I've made a FAQ for UEA medicine thingy, but can't post it yet as i'm waiting for the uni to ok it :angry:

See I made it into your profile as well. :awesome:
jonnyofengland
Nope, you'll get eaten alive and spat out like you were yesterday's breakfast. He's very fair though - he rips into everyone without discrimination.

Only on his bad days :tongue:

I miss chat...
Alex L
I'm tempted to write something about Manchester, with parts about the interview, should stop the constants PMs I seem to get. So don't be surprised if I come begging for experiences of the new interview system :tongue:

no probs, i'll be more than willing to help :biggrin:

i got a lot of help when i was applying, so it's only fair to share it with the next generation.
jonnyofengland
See I made it into your profile as well. :awesome:

Which of us is the beauty, and which is the beast?
Reply 8790
jonnyofengland
See I made it into your profile as well.

it deserved it :smile:
Isometrix
no probs, i'll be more than willing to help :biggrin:

i got a lot of help when i was applying, so it's only fair to share it with the next generation.

I never really used TSR during my applications, so I don't know what I'm doing helping you bastards now :tongue:
Alex L
Which of us is the beauty, and which is the beast?

Which one do you think? :flutter:
Alex L
I never really used TSR during my applications, so I don't know what I'm doing helping you bastards now :tongue:

Maybe (shock horror) you're just a philanthropic person deep down?

And how come bastard doesn't get filtered?
Reply 8794
Alex L
I never really used TSR during my applications, so I don't know what I'm doing helping you bastards now

:ditto:

I lurked a bit from after i'd had three rejections but didn't really post much
Hygeia
it deserved it :smile:

Maybe I'm heading into the wrong profession.

I'd be in a star in the personalised greeting cards market. :awesome:
Reply 8796
jonnyofengland
Maybe I'm heading into the wrong profession.

I'd be in a star in the personalised greeting cards market.

but what about the prestige... and the money? :eek:
Hygeia
but what about the prestige... and the money? :eek:

You mean there wouldn't be money (or prestige from wannabes) for writing the first ever "happy birthday".

I mean, come on! Think of the royalties that guy must be getting!
Hygeia
:ditto:

I lurked a bit from after i'd had three rejections but didn't really post much

The only help I has was from Iceman, and that was mainly from NMM tbh
Hygeia
Don't get involved if he comes back! (don't want more arguments :no:)

I said I'd quit, oh ye of little faith :tongue:

Besides, now Jonny has the linky, he can argue for me :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending