The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

badger stripes
hey does any 1 think its a good idea to become an organiser for the college's medical society, to help AS students with their application ??? .. i dnt think thers much resposnibility involved, cuz theres quite a few organisers, but i cant put it on my UCAS obviously ........??????

A medical society at my school... :rofl: With two applicants this year, I don't really think one is on the cards!

As for whether you should do it or not, do it if you actually want to do things, not just for recognition or something to put on your PS - because that way you'll get more out of it. But if you want to focus on its benefits for your application, you'll be improving your communication skills (always good), and it could give you something to talk about at interview.
Holsy
Yeah, better out than in most of the time. :smile: Mass hysteria isn't so great. :p:

:eek: ... lol
jonnyofengland
A medical society at my school... :rofl: With two applicants this year, I don't really think one is on the cards!

As for whether you should do it or not, do it if you actually want to do things, not just for recognition or something to put on your PS - because that way you'll get more out of it. But if you want to focus on its benefits for your application, you'll be improving your communication skills (always good), and it could give you something to talk about at interview.

yeah thats what i thought, like i like hleping ppl, im a chemistry mentor too but thats not on my UCAS either, i was just thinking in terms of taking on extra work is it worth it .... :s-smilie: lol, like theres a 90000000000 people who wanna do medicine in my year ... well maybe thats an exaggeration but there are seriously loads ....
badger stripes
yeah thats what i thought, like i like hleping ppl, im a chemistry mentor too but thats not on my UCAS either, i was just thinking in terms of taking on extra work is it worth it .... :s-smilie: lol, like theres a 90000000000 people who wanna do medicine in my year ... well maybe thats an exaggeration but there are seriously loads ....

Go for it if you think it will be helpful without stretching you out too much. :yy:

It's helpful that there's a lot of people around you applying though - you get to discuss interviews, UKCAT, BMAT, etc. and can all pool together with each others knowledge. In my situation there's two of us trying to make sense of everything, and we're applying to completely different places as well so can't even really talk about interview styles for that Uni!
badger stripes
hey does any 1 think its a good idea to become an organiser for the college's medical society, to help AS students with their application ??? .. i dnt think thers much resposnibility involved, cuz theres quite a few organisers, but i cant put it on my UCAS obviously ........??????

Another applicant and I formed a society last year for wannabe med students at school to try to help guide them in what they need to do. Don't know if it helped them or not though as some of them are applying again this year with me :p: (The other applicant got in). I know that the society thing is still going on but it has somehow become the dentistry and medicine society since I left school :p:
if you get an offer to interview does it come up on track or not? any one know
sidewalkwhenshewalks

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. As far as I'm aware, only offers and rejections come up on Track.
sidewalkwhenshewalks

Nope I got emails then letters for my interviews last year. Track only shows offers and rejections
thanks
:s-smilie:
Reply 909
I'm the only one applying in my year. I feel so alone... :frown:

I don't think many people from my school apply for medicine or dentistry. Its not the best school... and the sixth form has recently had to merge with another in an attempt to improve itself
Reply 910
modini
I'm the only one applying in my year. I feel so alone... :frown:

me too :frown:
Reply 911
Loners FTW :biggrin:.

Oh well, if anything it shows initiative and independance.
jjkkll
me too :frown:

10 in my year! :mad:
DrDomDom
Well I have an offer from warwick for biomed at BBB...I guess thats a start :smile:

At least someone somewhere wants to give me an offer.
Wahey congratulations! :five:
Reply 914
modini
I'm the only one applying in my year. I feel so alone...

Yep, me too. Although there is a girl applying to Vet Med...
DrDomDom
Damnit do you not use msn any more?!
It comes up with a troubleshoot alert every time I try to sign in so I've just given up on it. Facebook chat? :p:
Reply 916
Thanks jonnyofengland and Jenifaar :smile:

What is the point of checking Track then? I don't want to hear that i've got a rejection :p: I'll just wait for the post and emails :smile:
Yeah it just occured to me that if Track was updated for me any time soon, that would mean one (or more) of my choices were unsuccessful, which is clearly not a good thing! I haven't actually checked it in a day so it's all good so far. I actually think it's quite exciting coming home from school and digging through the post to see if I've got a letter from somewhere. :p:
Reply 918
is it lame that i already know my ucas id by heart?!
lol
Reply 919
Hyeree
is it lame that i already know my ucas id by heart?!
lol

I do too. :five: Is it lamer I knew it off by heart before even logging into track?

DrDomDom
Well I have an offer from warwick for biomed at BBB...I guess thats a start :smile:

At least someone somewhere wants to give me an offer.

Wheeey. Nice offer conditions too.

Latest

Trending

Trending