Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donc, je suis.)
    Hehe, I don't fancy those odds
    Edinburgh don't interview as a rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Edinburgh don't interview as a rule.
    Oops, completely forgot about that!I thought it was a typo and should have been 600.I think I'm a bit tired..

ReputationRep:
    Went on a medicine and oxbridge interview preparation day today! Was really helpful and my mock interviews went much better than I expected

ReputationRep:
    ay corumba. Today was a mock interview with the principal. i was rubbish :/ i came across as timid. And my interview is this thursday....

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the interview. Just walk in as yourself, smile and think of this as an opportunity for the panel to get to know you better, regardless of how intimidating or scary they may seem. Mock interviews and preparation days will be completely different to how you may come across on the day - in fact, I'd place a lot of it on how you're feeling on the day really.

I know it's still to early to be worrying about everything but I'm getting more anxious each and every day that goes by when I don't hear a thing. I think I'd feel a lot better if I had a date or something confirmed to work and look forward to. I'm becoming increasing lethargic and it's not doing me any good. At this rate, I'll probably be hearing from UCL first with some news depending if the BMAT really was the disaster I felt it was. Oh well, only time will tell I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I know it's still to early to be worrying about everything but I'm getting more anxious each and every day that goes by when I don't hear a thing. I think I'd feel a lot better if I had a date or something confirmed to work and look forward to. I'm becoming increasing lethargic and it's not doing me any good. At this rate, I'll probably be hearing from UCL first with some news depending if the BMAT really was the disaster I felt it was. Oh well, only time will tell I guess.
    I feel much the same.
    I'd just like to hear something. Anything to know that my application is a serious contender. Before I applied I felt sure that it was, but now my lack of work experience and quite frankly awful performance in the BMAT has enlightened me to the very real possibility of 4 rejections. Although the BMAT only counts towards the decision for one of my choices, it really shook me.
    I know I'm getting more and more paranoid everyday and people keep telling me I've got things all out of proportion but it is very hard when other people are hearing things and you're not.
    Hang on in there :console:

ReputationRep:
    Were not alone, the sheer majority of us are in the exact same position.

We just need to try and forget about Medicine and concentrate on getting the Grades, because without those were Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    We are all playing the waiting game and it sucks.. yes.. But not worth complaining about Hearing that soton gave me a BBB offer for biomed excited me even though it's not what I want to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)

We just need to try and forget about Medicine and concentrate on getting the Grades, because without those were Nothing.
    I keep trying to throw myself into my college work. Until we hear anything there isn't much else we can do other than keep up to date with medical news and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjames06)
    Just thought i would say something here as I've applied to st Andrews as well. I got an invitation to interview letter and e-mail a few weeks ago and have it on Wednesday.

I also got an acknowledgment e-mail a week after the interview e-mail... go figure
    i hope i get an interview soon. i got the acknowledgement ages ago!

ReputationRep:

hear hear.

ReputationRep:

this is sabotage
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    this is sabotage
    :ninja:

why?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry practice test on Thursday. Joy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Chemistry practice test on Thursday. Joy.

had mine Joy

ReputationRep:
    had mine Joy
    Ohh, how did it go??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Ohh, how did it go??

It went ok ish, just realized i cant draw for ****, and i have forgotten half the reactions.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, tis what I did last year when I had no offers :p: To be fair there wasn´t much else to do.. Well expect feel sorry for myself which wouldn´t have achieved anything!

Besides if you get the grades you could also take a gap year and apply again like me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, acknowledged by Leeds today
    put a smile on my face:yep:

Medicine 2009 Reapplicant
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Leicester A100-Diddlysquat
    Keele A100-Interview:eek:
    Leeds A100-acknowledged
    Newcastle/Durham A106--acknowledged

A-Levels- AAA

:danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    Intervew at Manchester
    aw yeah

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.