Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Interview at Manchester! I'm glad it's not soon aswell! It might clash with Oxford though, should I ask Oxford to make sure it's 14-15 if I get one, or ask Manchester to change from 16th?
    oxford won't budge! and who says oxford will call you up for an interview anyway????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    really? cambdrige, St George's, Barts and the London all have an age restriction. That's the only ones i've checked though
    not cambridge
    pms, qmul, sgul, imperial and ucl do
    all others don\t

ReputationRep:
    Erm Oxford said all interviews will be 14-16, and my Manchester one is 16th... don't think Oxford would be able to change after they offered me one though, so I'd like to sort it out before BMAT results I guess...
    someone's confident of getting an interview from ox.

ReputationRep:
    At this point I'd like to quote from my original post, "if I get one".
    So can we stop with all the cocky accusations please? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    At this point I'd like to quote from my original post, "if I get one".
    So can we stop with all the cocky accusations please? Thanks.
    only kidding lol! jeez!
    anyways ..... you go to archbishop tenisons??? and you managed to get 6a*???? impressive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    only kidding lol! jeez!
    anyways ..... you go to archbishop tenisons??? and you managed to get 6a*???? impressive!
    Person below you said it aswell :P

Ermm I did GCSEs at St Andrews, only been at tenisons for 6th form! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    It's like the end of November and it's a bit worrying how BSMS only interview in November and February only and I haven't heard anything yet. I just want to hear something already. The majority of applicants on TSR have at least one interview already with quite a few with two in the bag already. Why can't I be in the majority for a change? I keep on being told I will hear some news when I least expect it but it's quite hard to think of that when it's all I think about now.
    i know exactly what you mean. i'm stressing over the fact that i haven't heard from newcastle whereas many TSRers have, not to mention an applicant from my school whose UKCAT was lower than mine. The thing is, the medical schools have a huge number of applications to sift through. I know it's difficult to think about other things when you're so worried about this, but it is still early days. and we still have 2 weeks to go till the end of november! try not to worry so much...remember, the letter could be on its way right now! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    i know exactly what you mean. i'm stressing over the fact that i haven't heard from newcastle whereas many TSRers have, not to mention an applicant from my school whose UKCAT was lower than mine. The thing is, the medical schools have a huge number of applications to sift through. I know it's difficult to think about other things when you're so worried about this, but it is still early days. and we still have 2 weeks to go till the end of november! try not to worry so much...remember, the letter could be on its way right now! :hugs:
    Hey,
    I think Newcastle is having trouble with not receiving UKCAT results, which may be why you haven't heard about an interview yet. Maybe give them a ring and ask whether they've got yours okay?
    Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Oxford would only interview you on December 16th? I think you should just wait until you have heard from Oxford first.

I just rang up BSMS and their last interview date for this month takes place on November 26th - which is in exactly two week's time. :indiff:
    I got mine with about two weeks notice, so you never know, a letter might be making it's way to you in the post as we speak Plus, seeing as I haven't heard of ANYONE else getting interviews at BSMS, I think they may be giving less notice to candidates whose interview is later in the month.
    Even if you don't get an interview this month, there's always February. A LOT of the med students on the interview day had their interviews in late Feb, so there is no reason to despair.
    Chin up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I got mine with about two weeks notice, so you never know, a letter might be making it's way to you in the post as we speak Plus, seeing as I haven't heard of ANYONE else getting interviews at BSMS, I think they may be giving less notice to candidates whose interview is later in the month.
    Even if you don't get an interview this month, there's always February. A LOT of the med students on the interview day had their interviews in late Feb, so there is no reason to despair.
    Chin up
    Good to hear, thanks Scary Hair! I'm not applying to BSMS, but it's good to know that WHEN you get an interview doesn't illustrate if you are a good or bad candidate :p:

ReputationRep:
    Erm Oxford said all interviews will be 14-16, and my Manchester one is 16th... don't think Oxford would be able to change after they offered me one though, so I'd like to sort it out before BMAT results I guess...
    I'd recommend calling Manchester and seeing if it could be moved. I don't know much about their admissions procedure, but - if they're like most med schools - I'd imagine that they'll have multiple interview sessions spanning into next year, unlike Oxford who do them all in one hit.

Besides, even if you get an Oxford interview on the 14th-15th, you'll probably be so mentally drained afterwards that you won't do yourself justice at Mancs the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Hey,
    I think Newcastle is having trouble with not receiving UKCAT results, which may be why you haven't heard about an interview yet. Maybe give them a ring and ask whether they've got yours okay?
    Just a thought
    ahh, i emailed them a couple of days ago, and they replied saying that they do have my results. so i guess it's a case of waiting now when's yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    ahh, i emailed them a couple of days ago, and they replied saying that they do have my results. so i guess it's a case of waiting now when's yours?
    19th November, so a week today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy)
    On grades we are almost identical (except my A2 year was a disaster, thus the resit ). I was going to say UKCAT but Liverpool don't take it into account! I conclude therefore you had an excellent PS. No news from Liverpool for me. Or anywhere for that matter....
    Good luck at interview!
    Thank you..
    Did you get many interviews last year?
    Well i thought the PS was pretty standard, i dont play sports for England or do anything unusual really, but they must have found something they liked.
    Well its still early days right?
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprout_hair)
    Thank you..
    Did you get many interviews last year?
    Well i thought the PS was pretty standard, i dont play sports for England or do anything unusual really, but they must have found something they liked.
    Well its still early days right?
    Good luck!!
    Thankyou, you too
    I got 2 interviews and offers last year for med, 1 for chemistry. Looking at my PS last year and this year, they are different, so the suspense for me is especially great because I have fixed something that wasn't really broken! And I am applying with worse grades, of course as a resit candidate, but you're right, early days and so we must hope.

ReputationRep:
    I have confirmed that someone with a lower ukcat score than mine has got an interview at Newcastle. Does this mean i certainly have an interview, seeing as that is the only criteria they use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    I have confirmed that someone with a lower ukcat score than mine has got an interview at Newcastle. Does this mean i certainly have an interview, seeing as that is the only criteria they use?
    Sure, if your grades meet the minimum criteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    Sure, if your grades meet the minimum criteria
    they do
    good
    thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    Leeds are giving out interviews! I haven't got one as of yet, but be prepared

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...009-entry.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Leeds are giving out interviews! I haven't got one as of yet, but be prepared

http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...009-entry.html
    aw no
    i am now officially in the heart attack vortex
    with 3 of my choices firing off letters now its time for email defcon 8

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.