Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silva228)
    Hey all, First post but long time reader- hope no one thinks im being arrogant or rude coming on and immediately talking about offers as it's not how i mean it, just a genuine question!
    I had my interview for medicine at Lancaster University today, but i've not been given any sort of indication when a decision will be made, I know Liverpool (whos course is identicle) dont make a decision till march but this was specifically pointed out on their letter whereas Lancaster didn't put anythin like this on their letter.
    Just wanted to ask if anyone studying medicine at lancaster or indeed anyone else knows when you get a response because I'd kind of like to know whether I have to prepare myself for a long wait till march or a tense 3 weeks :p:
    Thanks for your help!
    omg ur like the first person on TSR who has also applied to lancaster for medicine
    i still havent heard anything from them yet. How did you find out about your interview? I keep checking my email frantically but all I get is messages of Facebook and nothing of UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Princess*)
    so I have applied to Birmingham uni for medicine
    I still have not heard anything from them apart from an email acknowledging my application
    For those guys who have had interviews or have been informed of them, how did Birmingham contact you?
    Was it an email? Phonecall? Letter?
    As far as Im aware, interviews do not come up on Track?
    i got a letter from them. and you're right, interviews don't come up on track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Princess*)
    omg ur like the first person on TSR who has also applied to lancaster for medicine
    i still havent heard anything from them yet. How did you find out about your interview? I keep checking my email frantically but all I get is messages of Facebook and nothing of UCAS
    Hey, yeah I've got to say You seem to be the only one I've heard whos applying to Lancaster too! They send you an email first then a few days later you get an 'interview pack' containing your time and map of the university etc. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a reply just yet. From what I could see, there was only a very short list of interviews so I assume they only do a small amount of interviews at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silva228)
    Hey, yeah I've got to say You seem to be the only one I've heard whos applying to Lancaster too! They send you an email first then a few days later you get an 'interview pack' containing your time and map of the university etc. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a reply just yet. From what I could see, there was only a very short list of interviews so I assume they only do a small amount of interviews at a time.
    Thanks for the reassurance lol
    I just read on TSR that someone got a letter from Liverpool saying they didn't turn up to interview after being informed about the interview by email
    so i guess if lancaster send an email and post info then it will be hard to MISS the interview lol

ReputationRep:
    just a quick question guys.

Those who have chosen a fifth place and not going to take it and simply take a gap year and reapply, why did you chose a fifth subject that is non-medical related?

Always wanted to know why applicants do this and when asked 'are you going to accept that biomedical, neuroscience etc course' there like 'nope'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    just a quick question guys.

Those who have chosen a fifth place and not going to take it and simply take a gap year and reapply, why did you chose a fifth subject that is non-medical related?

Always wanted to know why applicants do this and when asked 'are you going to accept that biomedical, neuroscience etc course' there like 'nope'
    Because I do not know if I will be thinking the same in April. I might change my mind. Plus for me it was a good confidence boost and interview practise

ReputationRep:
    My week has been made so much better! I have an offer from BSMS, eeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    well done

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: many well dones to you! and you were worrying so much about how it was awful! i hope you're feeling much better than you were a couple of days ago. everything works out okay in the end congratulations again!

ReputationRep:
    Excellente! Nice one :yep:

ReputationRep:

Yeaah! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    OMG well done!

ReputationRep:
    Right I had my St. Georges interview and it went awfully...I was so depressed afterwards that I missed my stop on the bus :p: Feeling better now but I really let myself down on that interview I feel- but I guess I have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjetti)
    Right I had my St. Georges interview and it went awfully...I was so depressed afterwards that I missed my stop on the bus :p: Feeling better now but I really let myself down on that interview I feel- but I guess I have to wait and see
    LOL you should have seen me on the train back from my king's interview...absolute blank face, open mouth, and tears in my eyes.
    Good luck though...hope you've done better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajdj)
    LOL you should have seen me on the train back from my king's interview...absolute blank face, open mouth, and tears in my eyes.
    Thanks dude, you too! KCL are taking their time with offers, my friend hasn't heard either!

I wasn't on the verge of tears (I was on another occassion though!), but the whole interview thing is so unbelievably nerve wracking! Let's hope for the best though

ReputationRep:
    Sanjetti, i felt exactly the same as you after my interview at st georges on 24th, maybe i saw you there ( if you where there on the 24th ) don't worry about it, your predicted grades should pull you through

ReputationRep:
    congrats scaryhair. i still havent heard anything about my king's interview either. seriously im really worried and i cant handle this anymore - it's only november aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    Guys, i'm just wondering if anyone else feels the way i do at the moment with regards to life and university applications in general. after completely ******* up my AS levels last year when i was predicted AAAA i had no option but to apply to foundation medicine this year or get AAB and apply next year. I took the foundation medicine route and am im in such a **** postion now. I can only apply to 3 med schools which have 65 places between them and this is making me really worried considering 600 apply for those places in total. I really want to become a doctor so much but i just have no motivation to make it happen. Southampton uni have told me i have an interview on january 30th but im just so worried about it. It doesnt make me feel special either considering they interview everyone for the foundation course and i really feel that im going to mess it up. It will be my first interview ever - i've never had a job interview or anything and the only reason i got it was because im on their access course. I want medicine so much but i just don't know how im going to get there and now i doubting whether i should have even applied. I'm beggining to think i should have chosen pharmacology or physiology or just anything that isn't as competitve as medicine. I just received my report and my grades are exactly the same as what i got for as which is also depressing. Im trying to prepare for my interview but i dont know how and as a result of that my grades are slipping. I have no idea how im going to prepare for january exams which are 6 weeks away. The foundation offer is incredibly low and i've got so complacent and i just cant be bothered to work. To make things worse everyone around me seems to be getting itnerviews and offers - im just left with nothing. even my non med choices havent got back to me yet. im just so fed up of ucas and i hate myself more and more for wanting to be a doctor so badly when in reality it is never going to happen. i just feel i've made a massive massive mistake.
    ok sd91 please don't worry yourself like this. it's not healthy and you need to look after yourself properly. firstly forget about your situation with grades and stats - it's pointless. if soton have given you an interview you ARE good enough. Im now applying for the 3rd consecutive year and believe me everyone feels like this at some point or another - it's the nature of applying to med. i felt exactly the same as you last year and i even have my ups and downs now. you just gotta stick it out. From my experience the best thing is really to let everything go. believe it or not you are actually in a good position - you have an interview which is more than enough. what this means is that soton think you're good enough on paper but want to know more about you. think of the interviewers as helpers helping you into med school instead of working against you. you said you're on soton's access scheme - this ISN'T a bad thing - they are likely to give you special consideration when deciding whether they should give you an offer and i know for a fact that there are about 5 people on bm6 (i presume this is the course you are applying to) out of 30 from the local area. you just have to finish the job off now. show them how much you want med and you should be fine. also remeber that although they give out low offers, remeber that these grades are going to stick with you for the rest of your life. put the work in and you will reap great rewards. getting an offer will be more sweeter for you when you know how much work you put into it. good luck and im sure you will do fine - stop worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilipd)
    congrats scaryhair. i still havent heard anything about my king's interview either. seriously im really worried and i cant handle this anymore - it's only november aswell
    same! 3 weeks now - where are kings?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajdj)
    tears - really? did you find it difficult/nerve - wracking?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.