Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i had my newcastle interview today! they were really nice, and the questions weren't too difficult either. long wait till march now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    It's natural to feel that way though - everyone tends to reflect back on the worst rather than realise that it wasn't all that bad, whether it be after an interview or exam. I know a handful of people who claim they had a disastrous interview yet still managed to receive offers. Just try not to dwell on it too much. I hope it goes well for you.
    Yeh very true Mena, I'm just hoping for the best! Let me know when you get a George's interview and we can talk about it if you want. Apart from that, good luck buddy!
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Still no interviews, offers or rejections here. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a manchester interview (had one) before 1st detzember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silva228)
    Hey all, First post but long time reader- hope no one thinks im being arrogant or rude coming on and immediately talking about offers as it's not how i mean it, just a genuine question!
    I had my interview for medicine at Lancaster University today, but i've not been given any sort of indication when a decision will be made, I know Liverpool (whos course is identicle) dont make a decision till march but this was specifically pointed out on their letter whereas Lancaster didn't put anythin like this on their letter.
    Just wanted to ask if anyone studying medicine at lancaster or indeed anyone else knows when you get a response because I'd kind of like to know whether I have to prepare myself for a long wait till march or a tense 3 weeks :p:
    Thanks for your help!
    I am also quite new on here but i also had my lancaster interview on the same day as you...... was just wondeing if you went on the tour as we probably met. I also asked them when we might hea anything and they said it would be within the next 2-3 weeks so hopefully no waiting till march .... hope this helps you.

ReputationRep:
    I know this type of request has been asked many times but,
    can someone please tell me the applicant/interview/offer figures for last year's Medicine - for Aberdeen/Dundee/Glasgow.

Thanks - your help is much appreciated.
    I've already attempted to search it up but I can't seem to find the up date ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speechless)
    can someone please tell me the applicant/interview/offer figures for last year's Medicine - for Aberdeen/Dundee/Glasgow.

I've already attempted to search it up but I can't seem to find the up date ones.
    I THINK Aberdeen interview a very small amount. 500 or so? And they'll make a few hundred offers. I'm not too sure though, I've looked myself for Aberdeen/Dundee.

Also, Dundee are bums. When are they going to start sending out interview invitations?

ReputationRep:

Aberdeen:

applied:1488 Apps per place: 9 places: 175 (don't know about interviews)

Dundee: 1361 8 154 (likewise)

Glasgow: 1711 7 241 (again)

source: http://www.ukmedicalschools.com/index.php?pageid=stats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donc, je suis.)
    Aberdeen:

applied:1488 Apps per place: 9 places: 175 (don't know about interviews)

Dundee: 1361 8 154 (likewise)

Glasgow: 1711 7 241 (again)

source: http://www.ukmedicalschools.com/index.php?pageid=stats
    Thank you so so so very much.
    I'll be sure to rep you once my reps are worth anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    I THINK Aberdeen interview a very small amount. 500 or so? And they'll make a few hundred offers. I'm not too sure though, I've looked myself for Aberdeen/Dundee.

Also, Dundee are bums. When are they going to start sending out interview invitations?
    Thanks for the reply

And indeed, Dundee are bums indeed! They're just plain teasing us with the letter like: 'your application will now be passed on to the next stage of the selection process'. :p: I really hope we hear from them soon though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so so so very much.
    I'll be sure to rep you once my reps are worth anything.
    No problem- (I know the feeling!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilabu)
    I am also quite new on here but i also had my lancaster interview on the same day as you...... was just wondeing if you went on the tour as we probably met. I also asked them when we might hea anything and they said it would be within the next 2-3 weeks so hopefully no waiting till march .... hope this helps you.
    Hey, believe it or not you're the only person who has been able to give me an answer to this question! thanks very much and it very much helped, tense 3 weeks for us two?
    My interview was at 10:40 and I had to go straight home afterwards so didn't stay for the tour what did you think of the interview? was it an irish interviewer along with a man from one of the local NHS trusts?

ReputationRep:
    ugh i just got rejecteddddd by clare college, cambridge - how disappointingg, so gutted. Nothing i can do thoooooooo
    ahhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiv+ellie)
    ugh i just got rejecteddddd by clare college, cambridge - how disappointingg, so gutted. Nothing i can do thoooooooo
    ahhh
    bad luck, don't worry-I'm sure the others will go better ,and you'll become just as good a doctor elsewhere!
    expecting a similar rejection from oxford any day now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donc, je suis.)
    bad luck, don't worry-I'm sure the others will go better ,and you'll become just as good a doctor elsewhere!
    expecting a similar rejection from oxford any day now...
    hey thanks....no hopeflly ul be ok
    its ok i have other offers...cambridge can piss off
    yes - i am bitter and upset
    cant help it lol

ReputationRep:
    cant help it lol
    :hugs:

Just remember that the end is more important than the means of reaching it

ReputationRep:
    cant help it lol
    i would be too. Most of us have always excelled in what we do and have always been accepted because of our academics + ability. Now to get told 'no' is a new experience (to some of us) and builds up emotions of anger and bitterness.

Think it like this. When you find that cure for cancer...cambridge will be regretting it :P

ReputationRep:
    cant help it lol
    Thanks for explaining - I was a bit puzzled to how it seemed that your account applied to six different institutes for very different courses!

Don't be upset about Cambridge. As clichéd as this sounds, it's their loss at the end of the day.
    Have you heard back from King's and Birmingham?

Congrats to your friend on those offers too!

ReputationRep:
    cant help it lol
    oxbridge are hardly the best when it comes to medicine, so cheer up :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    oxbridge are hardly the best when it comes to medicine, so cheer up :yep:
    that raises a good point. who are considered the best for medicine in this country?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2009

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.