The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2020

How is everyone feeling about getting their results this year? (And obviously not needing to do exams to get them)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student02030405
How is everyone feeling about getting their results this year? (And obviously not needing to do exams to get them)

Hella nervous!!! University conditions depend on these grades so no pressure :wink:, hopefully it'll work out. What about you?
Original post by infinityjj13
Hella nervous!!! University conditions depend on these grades so no pressure :wink:, hopefully it'll work out. What about you?

Yeah I'm the exact same and it's weird not really to know that much as at least when you do exams you can kinda tell whether it went well or not as you're answering questions. I also have conditions for university depending on them so that adds some extra nerves. Are your conditions difficult to meet? Btw I'm sure you'll do well and get in :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah I'm the exact same and it's weird not really to know that much as at least when you do exams you can kinda tell whether it went well or not as you're answering questions. I also have conditions for university depending on them so that adds some extra nerves. Are your conditions difficult to meet? Btw I'm sure you'll do well and get in :smile:

Yea, am hoping to get into vet school so my conditions are AA or BBB at Advanced (Scottish) Higher. Hopefully it'll work out. What are you hoping to study at uni?
Original post by infinityjj13
Yea, am hoping to get into vet school so my conditions are AA or BBB at Advanced (Scottish) Higher. Hopefully it'll work out. What are you hoping to study at uni?

Aww that's good. I'm hoping to get into psychology and counselling, I have conditions of to pass YASS at 50% and Scottish Higher BBB
Sometimes I had mixed feelings about this year results for example most of the time I thought that I would get really good grades whereas sometimes I thought that I won’t
Original post by Kubsyy
Sometimes I had mixed feelings about this year results for example most of the time I thought that I would get really good grades whereas sometimes I thought that I won’t

I'm sure they will be :smile:
I'm sure they will be :smile:

I hope so too 😬
I'm so nervous for results day fee like I'm gonna be sick
Original post by michaelfarnell5
I'm so nervous for results day fee like I'm gonna be sick

Breathing techniques can help with this, if you know how to ground yourself that would help you the most and I think we all do especially if there's a certain pressure on it like needing them for uni or if it's your first results day. It defiantly doesn't help that we all didn't do exams this year so no one knows the outcome. Are you needing these results for uni?
nope, it's my first ever results day, I am really scared cause I want to go into Higher and i didn't do so well during the online tests due to mental health issues.
nope, it's my first ever results day, I am really scared cause I want to go into Higher and i didn't do so well during the online tests due to mental health issues.

I was so scared for my first results day too but N5s apart from English and Maths aren't asked for at uni, it's usually just higher. Ik that for some schools you have to do well in N5 to do higher but not always as it is possible to crash higher or usually if you get a C or above they should allow you to do higher in that subject. Hope you can calm the nerves, if you are wanting to stop it google breathing techniques for stress or grounding techniques. :smile:
Can't really help it though as nothing stops me I'm not as bothered for as I was like 2 weeks ago as we've had to wait a while but it's the uncertainty and the no control over it that is giving me the nerves, and I want to get into the highers I picked as I want to get my uni grades this year as I am very very determined
Can't really help it though as nothing stops me I'm not as bothered for as I was like 2 weeks ago as we've had to wait a while but it's the uncertainty and the no control over it that is giving me the nerves, and I want to get into the highers I picked as I want to get my uni grades this year as I am very very determined

I totally get it, can you try and distract yourself with other things, ik it's not easy for anyone this year usually the wait of 3 months is long enough no matter 5. If you think that the result is too low there is an appeal system that your school can file if they know that was lower than what the teacher predicted. How did you do in prelims and class work?
class work went amazing but my prelims I went through too much to focus on them and I got 3Cs 2Ds and 2Fs. Which is shockingly bad when in my midterms I got 1A 3Bs 1D and 1F so it went bad. I've been doing my Chemistry work which I need to catch up on due to mental health issues during quarantine and I'm almost done that
class work went amazing but my prelims I went through too much to focus on them and I got 3Cs 2Ds and 2Fs. Which is shockingly bad when in my midterms I got 1A 3Bs 1D and 1F so it went bad. I've been doing my Chemistry work which I need to catch up on due to mental health issues during quarantine and I'm almost done that

They aren't that bad, you could've failed them all, do your school get you to do 7 subjects? It's going to be a mix of all of that but of course your school teacher will know about the mental health issues and base it off of when that wasn't happening, you'll probably find that your results are a mix of class work and prelims. Have you read the SQA statement of what the teachers predictions for grades had to be made up off?
Yeah, my school isn't making a big deal out of our prelims they are mostly doing it through tests and midterms and yeah I did 7 subjects. Only two of my teachers know about my mental health I told my Chemistry teacher and my Physics teacher suspected as during my online tests I didn't do them and she said when I get a chance do them so I think she had an idea
Yeah, my school isn't making a big deal out of our prelims they are mostly doing it through tests and midterms and yeah I did 7 subjects. Only two of my teachers know about my mental health I told my Chemistry teacher and my Physics teacher suspected as during my online tests I didn't do them and she said when I get a chance do them so I think she had an idea

That's good, wow that's more than my school offer, we do 6 in S4, 5 in S5 and 4 in S6. Oh okay I just presumed that you would've told your guidance teacher or something who would then inform all your teachers as it could affect your result, I'm sure it won't though :smile:.
I don't think my guidance teacher knows either
My Business teacher didn't care and I told her myself in class and she was like hmm

Quick Reply

Latest