Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi All,
I have recently received my results back. I am happy with what I got most Units are 55/65 however I failed one. The unit was split into 3 modules 1,2 and 3. 1&2 I got 42, Unit 3 I got 36. 42+42+36=120/3 is 40 Average. However they have rounded it to 38. Marks are not year confirmed by the board (due on the 16th) but I am loosing sleep over this. I do feel they were incredibly harsh marking considering it’s 100% Coursework and the entirety of this Unit was done at home with no real personal support...

What’s next? I am Second year, so don’t know if they will Comp Pass me. Will I have to entirely retake 2nd year?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi All,
I have recently received my results back. I am happy with what I got most Units are 55/65 however I failed one. The unit was split into 3 modules 1,2 and 3. 1&2 I got 42, Unit 3 I got 36. 42+42+36=120/3 is 40 Average. However they have rounded it to 38. Marks are not year confirmed by the board (due on the 16th) but I am loosing sleep over this. I do feel they were incredibly harsh marking considering it’s 100% Coursework and the entirety of this Unit was done at home with no real personal support...

What’s next? I am Second year, so don’t know if they will Comp Pass me. Will I have to entirely retake 2nd year?
Hey,

It depends on the course and how the assessment is set, how many modules did you do in this academic year or on your course brief how many do you have to pass in order to proceed to the next academic year (how many credits)??
In most cases you don't need to retake the whole year if you fail one unit but it also depends if it carries a-lot of weight/ credits.
Normally they arrange for you to re-do the unit before the next academic year begins and after the board have confirmed.

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria - Official Student Rep
Last edited by University of Portsmouth Student Rep; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey,

It depends on the course and how the assessment is set, how many modules did you do in this academic year or on your course brief how many do you have to pass in order to proceed to the next academic year (how many credits)??
In most cases you don't need to retake the whole year if you fail one unit but it also depends if it carries a-lot of weight/ credits.
Normally they arrange for you to re-do the unit before the next academic year begins and after the board have confirmed.

Hope this helps
Doreen-maria - Official Student Rep
Hi,

The course is Architecture which is all coursework. It was 6 Modules which add up to 120 credits I think? I did well in all other modules (50+ at least).

Last year I got a comp pass on a module and that was 36, but don’t know if they’ll do the same in second year.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

The course is Architecture which is all coursework. It was 6 Modules which add up to 120 credits I think? I did well in all other modules (50+ at least).

Last year I got a comp pass on a module and that was 36, but don’t know if they’ll do the same in second year.
Hey,

I am also doing Architecture on my final year
From what I know you only repeat a year if you fail more that 60 credits, but if you fail less than that they email you after the board of examiners have gone through the works for you to do the second attempt.

Hi All,

And with reference to this in Architecture, I personally have not done a retake/second attempt on any units but my friend did it last year where for one of our course modules we had two parts a 60% part and a 40% part and when she passed the 40% part but failed the 60% part and after the Board of Examiners had checked it she was emailed to do a second attempt on the 60% submission.

Goodluck,
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads