The Student Room Group

Mods appreciation thread (and FH and VT and all staff and helpers!)

So since a lot of trolls have recently been attacking the lovely moderators of this site, I thought it'd be best to appreciate them instead!

[*]@Interrobang @BurstingBubbles @MrDystopia @CheeseIsVeg @laurawatt @Obolinda @MidgetFever @fish finger fan @Chronoscope @SnowMiku @Unlimited Cats @ST Test User @CoolCavy @ThatsAGoodOne349 @qa-test123 @RazzzBerries @Paracosm @The Taskmaster @yzanne @Gothic Kitten @04MR17 @I AM GROOT 1 @harrysbar @mnot @CoffeeAndPolitics @Doones @_gcx @Lemur14 @Andrew97 @CatusStarbright @8472 @artful_lounger @absolutelysprout @Joleee @Tanqueray91 @shadowdweller @RoyalSheepy @usycool1 @Jack22031994 @CTLeafez @PhoenixFortune
@Abzzz57 @Stiff Little Fingers

[*]Sorry if i missed anyone out! feel free to tag them :biggrin:

EDIT: I am sorry i have seemed to have tagged a lot of FH and Volunteer Leaders too so lets appreciate their presence too!!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thank you to the mods! You guys make TSR a nice place to be. :grouphugs::keyboard: :rofl3:
:party: Yeessss lets go
Original post by _Simba_
So since a lot of trolls have recently been attacking the lovely moderators of this site, I thought it'd be best to appreciate them instead!

[*]@Interrobang @BurstingBubbles @MrDystopia @CheeseIsVeg @laurawatt @Obolinda @MidgetFever @fish finger fan @Chronoscope @SnowMiku @Unlimited Cats @ST Test User @CoolCavy @ThatsAGoodOne349 @qa-test123 @RazzzBerries @Paracosm @The Taskmaster @yzanne @Gothic Kitten

[*]

Wait I do not think most of these users there are mods. I think some are just Forum Helpers?
the Mods are the NHS of TSR

:congrats:
:desu:
Reply 5
Original post by Synergy_
[*]

Wait I do not think most of the users there are mods. I think some are just Forum Helpers?

[*]I tagged all those at the bottom of the page! So I'm not sure haha oops
Original post by _Simba_

[*]@Interrobang @BurstingBubbles @MrDystopia @CheeseIsVeg @laurawatt @Obolinda @MidgetFever @fish finger fan @Chronoscope @SnowMiku @Unlimited Cats @ST Test User @CoolCavy @ThatsAGoodOne349 @qa-test123 @RazzzBerries @Paracosm @The Taskmaster @yzanne @Gothic Kitten

[*]Hey! I'm just an FH :smile: not a mod!
However, I'd like to also take this time to say thanks to the Moderation team. They've done an awesome job over lockdown, all things considered, and are some of the nicest people ever :smile:
Original post by _Simba_
[*]i tagged all those at the bottom of the page! So I'm not sure haha oops

[*]I'm pretty sure the blue and purple ones are the mods
Original post by Synergy_
[*]

Wait I do not think most of these users there are mods. I think some are just Forum Helpers?

[*]it's not our main role, but it's a a part of it, especially when troll numbers are high. :yep:

thanks @_Simba_, this is sweet :hugs: mad respect for every mod on here tbh
Reply 9
Original post by SnowMiku
[*]Hey! I'm just an FH :smile: not a mod!
However, I'd like to also take this time to say thanks to the Moderation team. They've done an awesome job over lockdown, all things considered, and are some of the nicest people ever :smile:

[*]oops sorry i just tagged everyone at the bottom of the page :smile:
Yeah no, I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not particularly fond of the mods on this site. Sure, they do their best to get rid of trolls and the like but I feel they abuse their power at times.
Reply 11
Original post by SuperiorPotato
[*]I'm pretty sure the blue and purple ones are the mods

[*]only 5?
Original post by _Simba_

I thank you for appreciating us :smile: 😇 :grouphugs:
:party:
This is really sweet :smile: although VT and SL members are not technically 'mods' in the truest sense we still get a lot of crap chucked our way, i've had a lot of troll threads aimed at me recently so this is a nice morale boost :smile:
The CS, VT, SLs and FHs are just trying to keep this site safe and a nice place to be :grouphugs: there are high standards we are kept to and if people feel they have been treated unfairly they can pursue it through formal channels. This is a much better course of action than hurling insults and abuse at anyone with 'moddy' permissions etc since we are actually real people that have emotions :redface:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SuperiorPotato
I'm pretty sure the blue and purple ones are the mods

We are volunteers, not moderators. The mods are the ones who deal with the reports e.g. Gothic Kitten. We help out with moderation here and there to make their jobs a bit easier, but ultimately they are the ones doing the hard work. They have the red titles and are paid members of staff :smile:
Reply 15
i think that we should erect a statue to celebrate these wonderful people.
Original post by CoolCavy
This is really sweet :smile: although VT members are not technically 'mods' in the truest sense we still get a lot of crap chucked our way, i've had a lot of troll threads aimed at me recently so this is a nice morale boost :smile:
The CS, VT and FHs are just trying to keep this site safe and a nice place to be :grouphugs: there are high standards we are kept to and if people feel they have been treated unfairly they can pursue it through formal channels. This is a much better course of action than hurling insults and abuse at the CS/VT etc since we are actually real people that have emotions :redface:

How could someone go after you!? You’re the sweetest guinea pig pro ever!!!! Xx
Original post by DrawTheLine
We are volunteers, not moderators. The mods are the ones who deal with the reports e.g. Gothic Kitten. We help out with moderation here and there to make their jobs a bit easier, but ultimately they are the ones doing the hard work. They have the red titles and are paid members of staff :smile:

Ohh ok thank you
I don't have any major problem with the moderators but I do believe they overlook the comments made by those with more popularity. Even those with 12 gems do get things wrong sometimes.

Apart from that, well done mods - you make this place much safer!

Quick Reply

Latest