What if exam grades do not meet the criteria for an offer

Watch
AlicjaAnna
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I got an offer to study medicine A100 at QMUL for 38 points and 666 at HL (I'm doing IB). My results are 36 points and 664 in HL subjects, 4 at chemistry. I am really afraid that I might not get in and to be honest, I have no idea what to do next. What are your suggestions on what should I do? Write an email to QMUL, call them or just wait for them to decide? This is an extremely stressful situation for me and I would very much appreciate your help. I have no insurance choice, so getting rejected would lead me to the clearing.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AlicjaAnna)
Hi! I got an offer to study medicine A100 at QMUL for 38 points and 666 at HL (I'm doing IB). My results are 36 points and 664 in HL subjects, 4 at chemistry. I am really afraid that I might not get in and to be honest, I have no idea what to do next. What are your suggestions on what should I do? Write an email to QMUL, call them or just wait for them to decide? This is an extremely stressful situation for me and I would very much appreciate your help. I have no insurance choice, so getting rejected would lead me to the clearing.
They will likely be processing IB results over the next week or two. There is not much point chasing up with them tbh, (unless you have not heard anything with 10 working days). They may still accept you, but no one can say for certain. Unfortunately you can only wait.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont think anyone can really help. It would be worth ringing or emailing them. My suspicion is that you will be rejected but only the university themselves can confirm that. The fact the lower grade is in the key subject Chemistry is a major concern for medicine and I doubt you will get accepted anywhere for Medicine because of that. You will either have to resit next year or apply for a different subject but try the university first. Hopefully I will be wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed