The Student Room Group

Am I too old for TSR?

I have recently returned to education and thought it would be a good idea to join a educational website for students. However, I am 58 and my grandson, who is eighteen, believes I am too old to be on this website as it is full of children. Am I too old?
Reply 1
:nah:
There are people of all ages on here. Parents, students, professors, etc.
Yes. However, you're here for a purpose which is your education so you get a pass.
Grandson, this is 'The Student Room'. If you are a student, this is website is for you.
Original post by JulianCary
I have recently returned to education and thought it would be a good idea to join a educational website for students. However, I am 58 and my grandson, who is eighteen, believes I am too old to be on this website as it is full of children. Am I too old?

Nope. You're a student and this is a student place. Your maturity and perspective may well be useful characteristics for contributing to discussions.
You’re definitely not too old.

You most certainly are not!!! I’m 50
us “oldies” have a wealth of experience to help out.
And we learn from the kiddiwinks too!!!
it takes all sorts to make a world and the world of tsr is certainly that!!
Original post by Hoodlum123
Yes. However, you're here for a purpose which is your education so you get a pass.

Have you any idea how many of us oldies are here? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

i'm in my 20s and get told i'm too old for this site
you're never too old to use the internet, grandpa, don't worry :wink:

Well you are a student. This is the student Room.

Many of the users aren’t necessarily students. There are ex-students, teachers, academics, people with careers advice, and many more.

You can do what you want with your account!
Original post by Sammylou40
Have you any idea how many of us oldies are here? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I personally find it quite weird but that's just me.
Reply 11
Original post by Hoodlum123
I personally find it quite weird but that's just me.

Try to let it go. You feeling weird about it will only make it an issue, when the truth of the matter is that it isn't at all.
Reply 12
Original post by Dee-Emma
Nope. You're a student and this is a student place. Your maturity and perspective may well be useful characteristics for contributing to discussions.

What this guy said.
Reply 13
Why he banned ?

As long as you aren't hitting on teenagers it doesn't matter. lol
Original post by 161BMW
Why he banned ?

Probably breaking community rules or just for trolling.
This site is not full of children they are young adults whats age got to do with anything you are 58 your grandson is 18 he knows nothing much about life you do know about life so just be yourself and welcome to TSR
Reply 17
Original post by Scottishlad888
This site is not full of children they are young adults whats age got to do with anything you are 58 your grandson is 18 he knows nothing much about life you do know about life so just be yourself and welcome to TSR

2 months ago and they were banned :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending