Hozhoz10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello I wondered if anyone who is taking or has taken business studies GCSE could help basically I’m in year 9 I need to choose my options and I wanted to know a bit about business a few questions I have is 1. Is it hard 2,is there a lot of maths in it (I’m not very good at maths) 3. Do you have to do work on computers if so what is the computing work like. If anyone can help it will be very much appreciated
teeras8
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
1. Personally for me, business was probably the easiest subject for gsce just because I found a lot of it to be common sense and it was quite easy for me to remember.
2. Not really, there’s simple calculations but it’s pretty easy because they’re based of formulas- so if you’re pretty good at memorising a few formulas, then the calculations won’t be hard. If you’re not good at that, do practice qs and you’ll get the hang of it
3. In my school we didn’t. We just wrote notes down from powerpoints and read case studies and did qs and has discussions. There’s not any computing involved
I did edexcel btw
teeras8
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Btw seneca is really good for business revision and also write down notes and formulas. If you do that and do past papers, you’ll probably get good grades
I joined business nearly i year late but by using seneca and making notes i got predicted a 8-9 for yr 11
Also there are long qs at the end of the paper so u need to be pretty good and writing long answers and justifying answers, but there’s youtube vids that can help if you need any help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (114)
14.29%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (85)
10.65%
Changed course offer (35)
4.39%
Clearing (58)
7.27%
Conditional offer (11)
1.38%
Deferral (33)
4.14%
Ucas Extra (92)
11.53%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.13%
Point of Entry (56)
7.02%
Self-release (116)
14.54%
Tariff Point (64)
8.02%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.38%
Withdrawal (23)
2.88%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (69)
8.65%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads