Hozhoz10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello I wondered if anyone could give me their opinion basically I’m in year 9 picking my GCSE’s and I have to take all the basics maths,English,science etc and then I have to pick three so I have got a choice of either drama,dance,geography or drama,french,business studies this is a really difficult decision for me and I wondered if anyone who is taking or has taken their GCSEs could help me it would be very much appreciated. (I want to be an actress but I know that’s a hard industry to get into so that’s why I thought business could be a backup)
e2002!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly the subjects you pick at gcse do not determine what you can do in the future at all. So i would say if you want to be an actress and enjoy drama/dance then go with that option! It will make almost no difference having business as you can literally do a business degree without gcse/a level business so i honestly wouldn’t worry about it. If it were A levels then it’s a bit of a different story as you need certain ones to do certain courses at uni. But honestly drama/dance will be probably be more beneficial as if you wanted to do that at college/sixth form then they may appreciate you having the gcse when business probably won’t make a difference whatever you decide to do.

So yeah pick what you’ll enjoy the most!!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you don't need gcse drama to become an actress but if you have an interest in the subject, then take it. both options won't close many doors, though french, drama and business may keep a few more doors open. take the subjects you're interested in.
LegsEleven17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are considering Higher education then this is a good range for keeping your options open! If you wanted to do French at A level however that is the only one where you will definitely need to have done the GCSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (27)
5.65%
Uncertainty around my education (56)
11.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (57)
11.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (63)
13.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (26)
5.44%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (50)
10.46%
Financial worries (29)
6.07%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
3.97%
Exposure to negative news/social media (31)
6.49%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.93%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (47)
9.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
7.95%

Watched Threads