Izzy100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
just wanted to find out this out but if you take an access course to get into university e.g health care access course, would they only consider what you achieve on the access course or will they look at/ consider your A levels too as-well as the access course?
Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Izzy100)
just wanted to find out this out but if you take an access course to get into university e.g health care access course, would they only consider what you achieve on the access course or will they look at/ consider your A levels too as-well as the access course?
Thank you.
With an UCAS application they look at all the information.
For the academic side they mostly concerntrate on the access course and whether it meets the entry criteria they have set. I cnat work out whether you are botherd about having no or poor exam results or its because you have extra.

If you do well on the access course plius have gcse English and Maths then I wouldnt worry.
Izzy100
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
With an UCAS application they look at all the information.
For the academic side they mostly concerntrate on the access course and whether it meets the entry criteria they have set. I cnat work out whether you are botherd about having no or poor exam results or its because you have extra.

If you do well on the access course plius have gcse English and Maths then I wouldnt worry.
Due to COVID-19 and me having to rely on what the exam boards have given me I just want to prepare for the worst. I passed all my GCSE’s so they shouldn’t be a problem. I just wanted to see if not so good A-level results would affect my chances of getting accepted into university’s.

Thank you for the response. : D
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Izzy100)
Due to COVID-19 and me having to rely on what the exam boards have given me I just want to prepare for the worst. I passed all my GCSE’s so they shouldn’t be a problem. I just wanted to see if not so good A-level results would affect my chances of getting accepted into university’s.

Thank you for the response. : D
You mean for 2020?

Your grades should be consistent with how you have performed in the past or better.
You are comepting against everyone else, who has sufferend similar.
Unis are likely to have a shortfall this year, so the only courses you might get concerned about are the really competitive ones.

Unis will look at the whole situation.If your grades arent good enough.
If your grades arent good enough dont panic, look at clearing otherwise just take the exams in November or next summer.
Izzy100
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You mean for 2020?

Your grades should be consistent with how you have performed in the past or better.
You are comepting against everyone else, who has sufferend similar.
Unis are likely to have a shortfall this year, so the only courses you might get concerned about are the really competitive ones.

Unis will look at the whole situation.If your grades arent good enough.
If your grades arent good enough dont panic, look at clearing otherwise just take the exams in November or next summer.
Yes 2020 I’m a was a current year 13.

My grades have been consistent pretty much the whole time I’ve been at my sixth form but had a family emergency abroad which ment I had to leave the country for three months meaning I had to miss my mocks (year 13 mocks) so for my recent grades I haven’t got much. I’m not a lazy student I do take my education seriously as I haven’t come from a great background so I take these opportunities like a golden ticket. But as I said previously just a backup plan of things don’t go well, I’m just trying to see what options are out there

Again thanks for the reply. : D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (5)
15.63%
Better than expected (7)
21.88%
Worse than expected (20)
62.5%

Watched Threads