Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My sisters doing the driving exam on wenesday and she was just wondering how the exam is going to be! Would anyone please tell me how many questions there are becasue she was wondering whether more questions hasd been added since beg9ining of this year. Does anyone knw any useful websites to help her please tell me! Thnx

ReputationRep:
    someone please help her

ReputationRep:
    There are 50 questions in the first part of the exam and to pass this section you need to score at least 43. The next section is the hazard perception clips which involve 14 clips totalling 75 marks, to pass this section 45 marks must be scored.

In order to pass the theory test most sections must be passed in one sitting!

ReputationRep:
    is your sister you by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22198doyle)
    There are 50 questions in the first part of the exam and to pass this section you need to score at least 43. The next section is the hazard perception clips which involve 14 clips totalling 75 marks, to pass this section 45 marks must be scored.

In order to pass the theory test most sections must be passed in one sitting!
    Is the theory boook the same as the theory book for 2006. The one shes got is the official dsa theory test fr car drivers. She was also asking what do you mean by in order to pass the theory test most sections must be passed in one sitting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)

No im only 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhi104)
    Is the theory boook the same as the theory book for 2006. The one shes got is the official dsa theory test fr car drivers. She was also asking what do you mean by in order to pass the theory test most sections must be passed in one sitting!
    My book was the official dvla one but it was 07/08 so im afraid yours may be out of date:confused:

Well in order to pass the overall theory test, you have to pass BOTH the question part and the hazard perception part otherwise you will fail even if you pass one of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22198doyle)
    My book was the official dvla one but it was 07/08 so im afraid yours may be out of date:confused:

Well in order to pass the overall theory test, you have to pass BOTH the question part and the hazard perception part otherwise you will fail even if you pass one of them!

Oh oh her test is actually on wenesday so do you think the out of date book will do

ReputationRep:
    Oh oh her test is actually on wenesday so do you think the out of date book will do
    My advice would be to get down the book store early tommorow for a whole days studying before the test.

Most questions will be along the same lines but if she wants to know the exact questions that will be on the test then she will need the newer edition.

After she can always sell on ebay nd get half da money back!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Probably, but it's not ideal. The test is to show that she's good enough to drive on the roads; if she doesn't have the latest edition of the highway code, she doesn't know the latest, updated rules, and consequently isn't really good enough to drive on the roads, which I kinda disapprove of for obvious reasons. But if she blags her way through the test (given that 99% of the material will be the same), I won't be at all surprised.

You can buy programs online that allow you to work through all the theory test multiple choice (first section) questions and (more or less) rote-learn the answers if you are so inclined. "Driving Test Success - Theory", or something, I think. Basically the same as the book, just on your computer. The express edition (downloadable for about £6) doesn't allow you to practise hazard perception (she really needs to, of course) but does allow you access to all 900-odd of their potential multiple choice questions. I think that's all the book has.

ReputationRep:
    Its nice to see that your grateful for the advice abhi!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.