The Student Room Group

Distance learning

Hi guys, has anyone tried Oxbridge Home Learning for A-levels or any other subject? I’m having to study from home and I’m looking to choose a good quality distance learning school. Any advice on what kind of things I should be looking out for when I’m browsing websites? There’s so much choice!
I’ve not used them but things to look for when choosing a provider:

Make sure the course is properly accredited as an A Level and not an “equivalent”
Look for student reviews if there are any and look for any bad ones-I rarely trust 5* reviews without proof that these people are real but a big group of bad reviews saying similar issues is a big red flag.
Oxbridge don't enrol you on their advertised service, they enrol you with the National Extension College who are actually cheaper. Oxbridge won't tell you that upfront either. Worth going straight to them. NEC have been publishing exam results for years now and the courses teach the A level syllabus.
Original post by MeriePerie
Oxbridge don't enrol you on their advertised service, they enrol you with the National Extension College who are actually cheaper. Oxbridge won't tell you that upfront either. Worth going straight to them. NEC have been publishing exam results for years now and the courses teach the A level syllabus.

Thanks for the reply but I’m not sure where you heard that - I enrolled last week and it’s all done through Oxbridge, not NEC. I need the extra tutor support that they offer, which is why I chose them.
Original post by RoseWriter555
Thanks for the reply but I’m not sure where you heard that - I enrolled last week and it’s all done through Oxbridge, not NEC. I need the extra tutor support that they offer, which is why I chose them.

I signed up with Oxbridge a couple of months ago and everything was put through NEC. What did you end up enrolling on? Looking things up I'm not the only one who got enrolled with NEC instead, but maybe it depends on the course.
Reply 5
Original post by MeriePerie
I signed up with Oxbridge a couple of months ago and everything was put through NEC. What did you end up enrolling on? Looking things up I'm not the only one who got enrolled with NEC instead, but maybe it depends on the course.

I enrolled with oxbridge in august for A levels (maths, bio and chem) and it was all through Oxbridge as well. Didn't see anything about NEC on there.
Reply 6
Original post by Xxpp
I enrolled with oxbridge in august for A levels (maths, bio and chem) and it was all through Oxbridge as well. Didn't see anything about NEC on there.

Im looking to study the same A level as well how is it in oxbridge?

Quick Reply

Latest